O/T Fake Tan

Oh-Amy

So ladies (and gents if you're so inclined...?!)

Who loves fake tanning, who hates it? :)

I'm currently modelling a very ... dark colour of brown on my lily white skin as so I'm no longer the 'pale and interesting one' within my group of friends, it smells sort of like biscuits and I'm starting to feel a little bit terrified - however it beats sunbeds, yes? :D

(P.S. Any horror stories of being tangoed, etc. are also allowed! ;))

Love FAKE TAN!
Dove is my fave!

What you using?
xx

St Tropez, I had a spray on version of theirs at the local beauty salon last year and it was gorgeous - it's just a bit more scary when you're stood in your bedroom with your Mum covering your back in brown goo. Haha. :)

I use Avons spray fake bake, its the only one i have found that doesnt streak and its a bargain at only a couple of quid a bottle.

Oh I dunno if I could so St Tropez!!

Doves wicked and you build it up... lol
x

I have used fake bake, st tropez, dove, virgin vie, body shop etc...... they are all pretty much the same, I could never get the application right, ever :D

I bought a mini spray tan system for argos a couple of years ago, and its really cool, so natural looking and no streakiness or tango-ed hands :D

My wife is a trained SUDO spray tan consultant. I believe that this product is one of the best spray tans you can get..... 100% better than St Tropez. My wife grade tans all her clients pending on there natural base colouring... some who are more the English rose, or pinks, some are a number of shades depending what bits have been in the sun.

Phil x

I really like the thought of having a tan but have never been able to do a successful all over tan by myself so I usually just go my normal bright white colour.
Although I say this, I really want to have a nice tan for a wedding im going to on Saturday so I have booked myself in to get a St Tropez tan at the local salon tomorrow. All good apart from the fact that I have to go to work whilst its developing, im gonna look like a nutter!!! Oh well.

I really like the thought of having a tan but have never been able to do a successful all over tan by myself so I usually just go my normal bright white colour.
Although I say this, I really want to have a nice tan for a wedding im going to on Saturday so I have booked myself in to get a St Tropez tan at the local salon tomorrow. All good apart from the fact that I have to go to work whilst its developing, im gonna look like a nutter!!! Oh well.

Lol, better hope it don't rain on your way to work :D

I have been told by the oH that the best thing to do when you go for your tan is:

Wear no perfume
No skin products
No Deo or roll on
Exfoliate all over prior to the tanning session
Waxing 48 to 24 hrs before no later
Just prior to the tanning dry the skin with a soft paper towel

Don't wear any new light clothing or it will get marked for good
Wear loose old t shirt and baggies.

if you haven't had it before, go for the lighter shades and build the colour.

Ps.

I don't need tanning as once the sun comes out I go brown easy, but the OH has been known during her training to practice on a certain male ????? ( ok me) LOL

Phil x

Haha, thanks Phil, thats great advice.
Luckily the girl did a patch test on my tummy so i know what kind of colour it should be and its really nice. Just gonna have to look out my baggy clothes now for tomorrow (maybe the ones that I have now become to small for!!! :) :) )

I have been told by the oH that the best thing to do when you go for your tan is:

Wear no perfume
No skin products
No Deo or roll on
Exfoliate all over prior to the tanning session
Waxing 48 to 24 hrs before no later
Just prior to the tanning dry the skin with a soft paper towel

Don't wear any new light clothing or it will get marked for good
Wear loose old t shirt and baggies.

if you haven't had it before, go for the lighter shades and build the colour.

Ps.

I don't need tanning as once the sun comes out I go brown easy, but the OH has been known during her training to practice on a certain male ????? ( ok me) LOL

Phil x

Where in Kent are you - I may go see your OH!!

Hi Claire

We live down near Sandwich in Kent were we have a salon, my wife is a fully accedited therapist... she does tans, all sorts of nails, waxing ( ouch )

Phil x

Im up in Bexley... No idea where Sandwich is tbh as Im closer to London than Kent lol

Hmmm... Waxing ooohhh Im thinking about that but I dunno!! lol
x

OHhhhhhhhhh yes my OH is always trying to get me to volunteer for a chest and back wax .....................no way !!! LOL

Phil x

My hubby says I'm a salesman's dream as I just love trying new products! I have tried so many but my faves are Ambre Solaire Spray, Estee Lauder and Fake Bake. Johnsons moisturiser with built in fake tan is also good. I really hate applying it but I need to as I am so pale as you can see in my photo! I have never seen one of my friends (who I have known 11 years) without her faketan ~ she even had it on when I went to visit her after giving birth to twins!

I've always been too scared of going orange or streaky to do self-tan. I'd love to get a salon one - but the whole no clothes in front of someone else puts me RIGHT off!
I need to do something as i am quite pale and tend to go tomato coloured rather than brown if i am out in the sun!

My spray tanner was about £80 from argos, and honestly, I'm usually terrible at these sort of things, but its easy peasy to apply and really nice and natural looking, you get loadsa refills too :D

Back