O/T HAS ANYONE STAYED HERE??

SO MUCH TO LOSE!

Must do it this time
Hey People ,
Sorry Off Topic I Know But I Was Wondering If Anyone On This Site Has Stayed At Hotel Portaventura In Salou And If So Have You Any Insight Into It For Me,i Have Looked It UP On Internet But Id Like To Hear It From The "horses Mouth" So To Speak,
Thanx For Reading,
Elaine X

P.s Its The Hotel That Joins Onto The Theme Park,if Thats Any Help!!!!

hi i got back from salou 1 month ago!

sorry didnt stay at the hotel but went to the park and it looks really nice!

been to salou last 2 years in a row!
we have both times just got cheap internet deals but both times really enjoyed it!
xxx

thanx for the reply klee,
you obviously enjoy it there if you went back a 2nd time,
elaine x

my OH loves theme parks ( me too really)
and its really easy to get into barcelona from there too without the prices!
xxx

any tips for me when i go(3 weeks,2 days and counting!!!)of where to go,what shows to see,things to avoid etc,sorry to hassle you but im all excited and want to know everything beforehand!!!!

p.s travelling with 2 kids 7 & 4

the beach in salou if fab very clean!

if you fancy a bit of shopping there is a big shopping centre in tarragona which is one stop on the train from portavrntura, also if your into historical aspect they have some lovely old ruins ( not sure the kids will like it tho!)

they do a cute little road train into salou
from your hotel which the kis will love!

the theme park is really catered for younger kids as well as the older ones (like my OH!) so im sure they will love it!

if you fancy barcelona, its about an hour and to be honest i think young kids would get quiet bored quiet quickly

erm if i think of anything else ill let you know!!
xxx

thanx a mill klee,
you are very good to take the time out to write it down for me,im going to give all of the above a go,the kids will have to get busy with there nintendos for a little while as i really want to go to barcelona for a trip,
thanx again hun,
elaine x

no prob at all, like i say if i think of anything else ill give you a shout!

xxx

hi Elaine me again!!

just thought id let you know a bit about when we did a day in barcelona, to give you a little idea!

we got the train in and when straight to the gaudi catherdral to have a nosey, the qeues were crazy so we just had a look on the outside!( theres a mcdonalds arcoss the road if the kids need a mcflurry to keep them quiet, how sad i no that!)

if you want to see Everything, opp the gaudi you can get an opentop bus ride which does the docklands olmpic village and quite a few other sites! the good thing with this is you can jump on and off as many times as you like and the ticket covers four different routes!

we decided to go to the docklands which was nice- they have a shopping centre there too!

then we walked up the ramblas which is a long street of shops and street performers and market stalls which was nice!

we also when to the nu camp ( barcelonas football ground for the OH) so if you or family are interested i would set aside a good 4 hours or so because its a tour and a meusem! (personally i coudnt wait to get out!

sorry if im rambling but hope this helps!

ooo and just remembered to say salou shopping isnt much, is very very touristy, pretty much every other shop is a gift shop sort of thing which gets a little boring after a while!
ok i am defo rambling now sorry!!

oh klee
you really are great to take the time out for "little" old me,its sounds great there i am like an excited child with the waiting to go!!!!!
id love to see the cathedral and my oh loves all things like that,and it a most definite that we must see the stadium.
the bus sounds great too and value as you can use it as much as we need.
i heard that there was a big carnival type place there built into a mountain,is this right or have i just dreamed it up?????
thanx again klee,and not to hassle you but any other info you have,and your feeling at a loose end,you will be sending it to a much appreciated recipient,
elaine x

p.s i keep trying to give you a rep and it say i cant til i spread it around,i tried last night too,
elaine x

Hi Elaine,

I have stayed in the Hotel PortAventura in Salou. Unfortunately we stayed there a few years ago when it first opened and there were lots of teething problems, so maybe they have manged to resolve those now. My husband and children love the theme park and we have been there around 5 times since then, but always staying in different hotels. We were there in April of this year and we stayed at the Hotel El Paso because this was the only one with vacancies and it was absolutely fine.

The PortAventura is the nearest hotel to the theme park, but the other hotels are only a 10 min walk and there is a courtesy train to the park. I think all of the hotels are of a pretty good standard, although I would say the food leaves a lot to be desired! We ate one evening in our hotel and for 2 adults and 4 children the bill came to 100 Euros, with no alcohol included! Also the park can be expensive for drinks and snacks etc but hey, you're on holiday and I think most theme parks charge as much as they can get away with. Hope you have a great time. x

Thanx Sarah,
Ive Been On Tripadvisor But Just Thought That Id Come And Ask On Here As I Could Ask Questions,we Are Staying Half Board So We Have Breakfast And Evening Meals Included,im Hoping We Have A Great Time As It Was Fairly Expensive(5000 Euro)and Its Our 1st Holiday In 6 Years!!!!
At Least I Know Its Not A Bad Place If People Like Yourself And Klee Are Returning(TO SALOU) So Thats A Bonus,
Thanx For The Insight,and Other Info Much Appreciated,
Elaine X

Have To Dash Out For A While But I`ll Be On Later If You Have Anything Else To Share,
Elaine X

hi Elaine,
havent heard of the carnival but i could have completely missed it!
ooo just rembered there is a water park also in la pineda about 5 mins on the bus from you which we havent been to but a couple with kids we met said they really enjoyed it as it has water rides ( similar to portaventure waterpark) but has thing like mini golf and dolphins and sealions etc, it was called Aquopolis i think. ill prob pop on and off this thread when i think of things, just tell me to shut up whenever you like lol xxx

ps thatks for trying on the rep!

haha ull really be telling me to shut up soon i sound like and endorsment for the place!!!( guess i just want to be there rather than here!

there is a go karting track in salou, not sure on what age its catered for as we havent been but OH really wanted to go but didnt really have time!

also defo get autograph books in the park because there are loads of characters for autographs and photos with the kids etc a bit like disney!

god i wish i was going!

xxx

Going to Salou on 23/06/08. Can not wait. In the last 6 months lost 2 stone , now fit , running, walking, doing pilates.
Feeling great, now size 12!
Going to run every day before breakfast on hols prior to Race for life on 06/07/08, wish me luck!

Back