O/T - Need to look fabulous for a wedding!

Beki

Gold Member
I wonder if you guys will be able to help me find something fabulous to wear?

I've got my cousin's wedding coming up in october and i really want to look nice for a change!

I don't really want to wear a suit as i feel like they don't suit me (pardon the pun :eek: lol), although i think i'm going to wear smart black trousers.

I need a top, but a posh-ish one. It does't have to be particularly formal, as i'm not a very formal kind of girl... but as it's for a wedding it obviously can't be too casual :cool: (maybe i could wear a short suit jacket over to top to smarten it up a little if it's not a very formal top? :confused: )

I can't find anything at all! It'd help i think, if i was a size 20 or below as my options would be a bit more open as to where to shop! :rolleyes:

The criteria is -

* size 22
* preferably elbow-length sleeves or longer
* smart-ish
* not a high neck

I'm tempted to wear a top i wore for a party i went to in april, but i'm almost 2st heavier now, and i didn't feel particularly comfortable in it 2st-ago, let alone now! But is *is* a gorgeous top..... :cool:

Hold on, i'll get a pic of me wearing it at the party to see what you think... here you go (i'm the one in the cream top!) :eek:

sholatillyhermessybedroom3344.jpg

that top is lovely, is it sequined at the top or lacy i cnt tell. New look tend to have some nice things in or wallis ive have so nice dresses and tops from there recently. It does bug me tho that if u dont conform to a size 16 then there isnt much out there

actually, on second thoughts, that top's a definite no-no!!!!!!! :eek:

Why don't you go on ebay and just lurk around ?There might be something crop up for very little money. All my Monsoon stuff comes from there! (I couldn't afford it otherwise)

that top is lovely, is it sequined at the top or lacy i cnt tell. New look tend to have some nice things in or wallis ive have so nice dresses and tops from there recently. It does bug me tho that if u dont conform to a size 16 then there isnt much out there

it's fabric with sequins and black shiny beads over the black bit.... the top itsself is gorgeous, but it's just on ME that i have a problem with it LOL

i just saw how HUGE i look in that picture and i'm heavier now, so that's totally out of the question...

the reason i say it has to be something with longish sleeves is that my arms are hideous, as you can see in that pic!! :eek:

Why don't you go on ebay and just lurk around ?There might be something crop up for very little money. All my Monsoon stuff comes from there! (I couldn't afford it otherwise)

i've had a little scout around, but i don't know what to put in the search bar. if i put in 'top' or 'long sleeved top' it comes up with loads of stuff...

maybe i could put in monsoon top and see what it comes up with? i never thought to put the name of a shop in :eek: oops!

I think it's a misconception that you need a suit to look smart at a wedding! You totally don't have to :)

What about something sparkly and pretty?

Marisota have some great things at quite reasonable prices. I like this top: Jewel Trim KimonoTop - Marisota

And Simply Be have got some really nice things too :)

I was a total Evans advocate when I was sizes 20-26. They have really good sales too, I think they are in sale at the moment, you may get something really pretty and floaty at the minute for next to nowt because all the winter stuff is on it's way in.

And don't forget Dotty P go up to a 22! :D

I agree about the dress! I always feel more dressy in a dress.

Sorry I'm on a roll....

oooh some of them are lovely! thank you! :D

as for the dress, i would LOVE to! but my legs and ankles are HORRIBLE :eek: :(

Shhhh crazy girl! I bet they AREN'T!!!!

What about a maxi dress. They are soooo pretty...

guess what i've just been looking at? dresses!!! :eek: never thought i'd see the day LOL

i'm thinking about maybe a demi or maxi dress? seen some lovely monsoon ones on ebay! :D

Back