O/T: Rant: That Stupid Blo*dy Pink Woman!

yep !!

i love the meerkats too, and i bet i'm the only saddo who's actually been on the compare the meerkat site-you really can compare meerkats!!

I HAVE!!! sad or what eh?? Haha :D

Another has to be those bl**dy e-sure adverts with Michael Winner - good god
they wind me up - its like yes we know who you are stop repeating your self - and that smug grin. aggh!!!:mad:

oooooh and whilst i'm on a roll... that advert... WE BUY ANY CAR. COM! i dont like having it stuck in my head for hours on end, any,any,any,any we buy any car .com - GGGGRRRRRRR!

Hahaha!!! I have visited the meerkat website too!! Lol..I know its sad!!!

That vanish woman - how come no one smacks her one for walking into their house and who the hell has 2 large tanks of water and detergent in their house. The mother with the party dress one - what doesnt that child have any other clothes then? i hate the poo at pauls house kid , i also hate the michael winner ones and the ones with the loreal face cream adverts the woman thats out of 4 weddings and a funeral - i could happily smack her one. The compensation ads - grrrr. and the carcraft ones oh shut up. ok rant over. thanks for listening. x :)

I love the meerkats! Don't get me started on beauty product adverts, it says 75% of people tested think it works and then at the bottom "12 people tested" What sort of number is that as a test market?!

Another one I've seen lately is that one with the dude in the car park "Do you know how much your car is worth?" and the dude says no, so they are advertising a number to text the reg to, so you can see how much it's worth! AND what the performance is like! Why don't they just put stickers on peoples cars and say: "steal this one - it's performance is good to drive off a bit sharp and then you can sell it for a nice sum" I mean honestly!

I nearly hit the roof last night after seeing an ad for something by always, might have been infinity or affinity can't remember but it was a sani towel...."have a happy period"....right, YOU ARE KIDDING ME AREN'T YOU?!! If OH thought it was that easy he'd be buying shares in the company!! Seriously, next time it's on I'm noting the date and time (and the proper name of it!) and getting my grumpy ole self onto the advertising standards website to report it!

Youve definately started something now lol.
I had no idea there was a meerkat site but I suppose I should have guessed.
I agree with the Iggy pop....Im not selling car insurance...erm yes you are actually lol

Another one I hate is the IAMs cat...It makes me cringe everytime

I nearly hit the roof last night after seeing an ad for something by always, might have been infinity or affinity can't remember but it was a sani towel...."have a happy period"....right, YOU ARE KIDDING ME AREN'T YOU?!! If OH thought it was that easy he'd be buying shares in the company!! Seriously, next time it's on I'm noting the date and time (and the proper name of it!) and getting my grumpy ole self onto the advertising standards website to report it!

There is a post in the 'creative writing 'section ( i think) called Letter of complaint, you should read it , might give you some tips for you letter-LOL

I hate the one with (is it a woman?) driving a car about getting directory enquiries 24/7. Why is the right eye so much larger than the left? It's creepy and the jingle drives me barmy! I also think the soft toys on the vauxhall corsa adds are vile! Quite sinister.

Squiddie you made my day :) thanks so much for saying what i think every time that soddin advert comes on !!!!

I hate the ads that go on about getting a plan to pay for your funeral, so that your kids aren't burdened with the costs. They are a complete financial rip-off (if you examine the details). Also, they used to worry my b/f's terminally ill mother every time they came on... She felt so guilty that she had no policy, was broke and knew that my b/f and his brother would be hard-pressed to pay for the funeral when she died. It was horrible to see the worry crossing her face, when she already had enough to deal with.

Also... We'd all like to cure cancer and I'm sure we all give what we can to cancer charities... Do we really need to see ads with a bride crying on her wedding day, because she has lost her Mum and stuff like that? Do these charities even THINK for a MOMENT about what their ads do to people watching who have cancer, or who have lost a loved one? Raising money is one thing, but making people dwell on the awful effects that their death will have on family members is CRUEL. People with cancer DO watch TV! And when they have died, do their relatives want constant reminders of how heartbroken they are? Gah.

Sorry...Trust me to be a downer but I do get angry about these things.

Back