O/T Starbucks

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
We know some of us enjoy Starbucks, but this is beyond words...................
Recently, British Royal Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees, and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Royal Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT buying any of their products!

I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then please pass this along.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again to support us when we deploy once more.
Sgt. Howard Wright,
1 Platoon, Recon Company, Royal Marines
PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH AND DON'T DELETE THIS... BUT PLEASE PASS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E- MAIL LIST, IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE BEEN WOUNDED, LOST LIMBS AND EVEN DIED, SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE !

Also, please don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM!!!

AN ADDED NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.

There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK, and there's no doubt that our soldiers would get the same response from this company, so let us do our bit and boycott Starbucks to show them how despicable their actions are ..............................

Perhaps it's more to do with Starbucks not wanting to "endorse" the war rather than support it.

I fully support our troops but not the war as I believe we shouldn't be there, however without wanting to get too political there's probably a bit more to this story than meets the eye. That may be the way Starbucks see it? Who knows. It's a disgraceful reply that's for sure though, as whether or not they supported it they could have sent some coffee over - luckily they do sell it in supermarkets so you would think that their families could send some to them.

I'd rather go to Costa any day although I am partial to a starbucks from time to time.

I think it is sad, all over some coffee, but from a business point of view I can understand that they don't want to get involved on a political basis. I think if we understood what we are actually trying to achieve and why in this war we would have a better understanding of it but untill people in high places come clean about the things they don't tell us, its going to get no better. I too think there is more to this war than meets the eye, and no war is ever acceptable to me with the loss of lives it causes, but I think I am just nieve in thinking everyone can live in harmony. Maybe because we are not directly involved in this country (as in the second world war with the bombings etc) we don't feel the same impact and perhaps feel that we are not actually at war in the same sense, even though we are. I would be interested to know how many other countries are over there fighting, who they are and in proportions compared to us and the USA, as all we ever hear about are our soldiers and theirs.

God bless all of them who are fighting over there and bring them home safe to their families who ever they are, they are all loved by someone. May it end soon.

it's not just the war though. how can they charge for water for the poor people in the 9/11. They are so overpriced anyway that they probably wouldnt have made any dent to their yearly figures.

The whole water for 9/11 issue is outrageous if indeed it is true.

As for them being overpriced, we all have a choice whether or not to drink there!

Thanks Circes you beat me to that.. have seen this email so many times now and it seems to change all the time :(

The 911 story which partly true occured because ONE worker charged the rescue workers. It wasnt Starbucks policy and they refunded the money in full when the incident was discovered. Something people seem less interested in is that Starbucks apparantly gave a very substantial donation to the 911 fund, but then for the people who instigate these emails, I guess thats not as interesting....

Isn't anyone shocked by the bit about there being "227 starbucks stores in the UK"...seems like millions more than that!!

Back