Oat bran

ClaireS84

Hello

Can someone please tell me if oat bran can be used as a HE? If it is how much can I use?

Sorry if this has been asked before-did attempt a search but the phone has difficulties.

Thanks.

I'm assuming ClaireS84 is talking about bags of oat bran? It's very high fibre (~15%), so I think it might qualify as HE. I'd be interested in a definitive answer too....

CntrlC said:
I'm assuming ClaireS84 is talking about bags of oat bran? It's very high fibre (~15%), so I think it might qualify as HE. I'd be interested in a definitive answer too....

Hi ya

Yeah I meant the stuff you get in the bag.

I've been counting it as a HE but will confirm with my C on Monday. I've been using 2 tbsp (about 26g-I think).

Will keep you posted or hopefully someone else might be able to shed some light before Monday.

I make oatbran muffins, they are lovely.

Ooh yummy. Have you got a recipe? I just have my oatbran as porridge. Would nice to make something different. :)

Here's how I make them, but if you look on the recipe section of the Dukan diet (I searched for oatbran recipes,and lots came up on the Dukan bit) , it'll give you other ideas for flavours

Makes 6 good size muffins)

60g oatbran (2xHexb)
Half tub quark (can use fat free fromage frais or yogurt or 0% Total)
half teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
6 tablespoons Splenda
cinnamon ( I put lots in because I love cinnamon)

I just put everything in a dish and mix together then put into 6 silicone muffin cases. Bake at gas mark 6 for 20/25 mins.
They can be microwaved if you are in a hurry but I prefer them baked.
Three muffins has 1 heb of oatbran. They keep well in the fridge and can be frozen if you want to bake in bulk.

The oatbran vanilla pancake is lush too.

Last edited:
Back