Oat puffs

gobolino

Gold Member
Hi All

Just wondered if anyone eats this ?? It looks like puffed wheat but instead of wheat its oats. Its made by a company called Rude Health and the ingredients are 100% organic oat puffs...... its 5 syns per 28g, so I guess it could be a healthy B choice (if I team it with a scan bran, just as you would with porridge oats).

Any ideas if that sounds ok ?
Thanks xxx

I'm taking it as a HB ! Oats are oats -surely ?!!?

Unfortunately for it to be a Healthy Extra B choice, it must be on the list provided by SW - it's not just about syns, it's about fibre and other things as well as far as I know.

However, SW have recently added things onto their lists after prompts by members - worth an email to them I think!

Hi paperclip, thanks for your reply. Thats a shame, it now looks like I've messed up my day even more than I thought :( I'm not an official SW member so I doubt they'd reply to me if I mail them. Never mind, I just wont have them again....I just thought if the only ingredient was oats they would be the same as say rolled oats/ready brek/oats so simple.

It might be - I've never seen these so can't officially say!

Can you compare the nutritional values with porridge - if they're the same, that may make things clearer?

Back