jilvis

Hey all - I've been a member of this site for a little while now and I really want to try and keep a food diary here. Joined SW in August last year and have been doing really well. Lost 4stone 5lb so far and got another 4 stone or so to go. I've tried so many different diets and had some success with WW a few years back but couldn't stick to it long term. I didn't have the incentive then that I do now..

My OH and I have been trying for a baby for the past 9 months and I really wanted to lose weight to help the process along. I've been overweight my entire adult life and always wanted to be able to shop on the high street but it seems I really needed the extra reason to glue me to a plan.. or maybe its more to do with SW satisfying me as a big foody? I don't know, but its working so far :)

So, I will record my food intake here, to make sure I keep myself on track and accountable to someone (even if nobody reads it, I won't know!)

I will start with yesterday, as it was a full day of SP

Breakfast

Porridge made with HEB oats, half HEA almond milk, grated courgette and flavoured with cinnamon and calorie free agave syrup. Added apple after cooking.

Lunch

Omelette with bacon, onion, asparagus, spinach and the other half of HEA in cheese
Courgette crisps
Salad with balsamic glaze (1 syn)

Dinner

chicken chow mein (1 syn) with courgette noodles, spring onion, mushrooms, pak choi, carrot, garlic and ginger (syn came from rice wine and cornflour in the sauce)

Snacks

scan bran carrot cake (HEB + 4 syns), raspberries, strawberries, nectarine
tesco shredded char sui chicken (3.5 syns - according to the calculator)
malteser reindeer (3 syns)

Total syns = 12.5

Looking back at that menu it looks as though I have an addiction to courgette.. that might be true..

Back