Oat so simple - flavoured, not an HEb?

gero

Poking in my book (it's my 1st week) I see that it only mentions the original porridge, however I only have Raspberry & Cranberry flavoured oatsosimple. Can I add a few syns for not using original, or is that just a no no for a HEb??

Can you check online? I buy the dorset porridge which is flavoured and they are a HEB however in the book it only shows Sultana one I think and online you can have the others. will have a look for you...

It does say normal one only plus one scan/oat bran or ryvita wholegrain. So maybe you could syn the rest??? Or is this tweaking too much???

Thank you, I must look out for Dorset Porridge, do they sell it everywhere because I've never heard of it, or I just haven't took any heed of it probably.

Do you know if lean grilled sausages are free food? Because I noticed sausage recipes all seem to refer to quorn, so i became unsure.

Im thinking of ditching the porridge for a big 'grill up' it is Sunday afterall! And I'm going to clean up all the leaves in back garden today for exercise :()

If you are going to stick to the plan 'properly' then it is the plain one only.

My consultant said to a new lady last week (Thursday morning) who couldn't get to a shop until the next morning, to do the best with what she had in and having done the very best she could under the circumstances not to get stressed about it.

You're probably better off having that for breakfast today rather than skipping a meal but getting the 'proper' one for next one xx

Thank you, I must look out for Dorset Porridge, do they sell it everywhere because I've never heard of it, or I just haven't took any heed of it probably.

Do you know if lean grilled sausages are free food? Because I noticed sausage recipes all seem to refer to quorn, so i became unsure.

Im thinking of ditching the porridge for a big 'grill up' it is Sunday afterall! And I'm going to clean up all the leaves in back garden today for exercise :()

I get the porridge in Asda at the moment they are on offer 2 boxes for £3!

Not sure on the sausage front I think they have to be a certain % of fat to be free. I know morrisons made some that were free but not sure if they changed. Im sure someone on here will know and reply. Enjoy your brekkie!

Right, I'm ditching the porridge, I'll stock up on the correct 1 tomorrow!

It is ww chilled sausages that I bought last night, as on offer with their trimmed bacon in asda!

So for my load of bacon, 2 sausage, 2 poached eggs, small tin of beans, grilled tomato's & mushrooms......it is just 1 syn? Surely this can't be, I live this diet it's madness! :)

Yep - gotta love SW!!!

I bought some ww sausages to go with breakkie today but when I went to cook them I noticed they were 60 cals each so is that not 3 syns? I ended up not having them as I wasn't sure!

I might be wrong but I'm new and still trying to adjust and get used to the plan.

Yep, you need to use the Syns online tools or the directory. I've just had 2 Morrisons chipolatas and although they were 88 calories each they were only 3 Syns each.

I've tried the Morrisons Eat Smart ones but they're vile.

I bought Dorset Porridge Original & Cranberry/raspberry flavour in Lidl today, a 10 packet box for £1.29!! Will be trying them tomorrow :)

gero said:
I bought Dorset Porridge Original & Cranberry/raspberry flavour in Lidl today, a 10 packet box for £1.29!! Will be trying them tomorrow :)

They are lush!!! Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

so we can have these dorset porridge satchets, any flavour as healthy extra? well including milk if you make with milk? i struggle with breakfast as i like oat so simple satchets but mainly the syrup one which isnt free - not sure i will like these but if they are HE then i will give them a go - why are they allowed and not flavoured other ones, any one know?

No the milk would have to come from your healthy extra allowance if you are going to use it. lots of people just use water, but I prefer half and half.

I like the golden syrup one too but what I do is have the plain one, with a chopped banana on top, sprinkled with cinnamon and a tbsp of maple syrup (2.5 syns). The idea came from www.slimmingeats.com and it's amazingly indulgent while still being low in syns. And lower than the packet version!

i do like those ones a lot patchwork so think i will try it - maybe tbsp too much for me but will play about with it - thanks as that would save me trying something (yet again) that i prob wont like. Have spent so much on cereals that i cant stomach but for 2.5syns i will prob do this - thank you

Back