Oatbran Muffins

Loopeylou

Gold Member
This is a receipe I used whilst following Dukan - they are lovely and both hubbie and I ate them all them time. Now I've syned them its great to know they are SW friendly - very friendly if using HeB!!! :) I will make some this weekend and post some pics but would def recommend them.

Oatbran Muffins
Makes 6 Muffins - Proper full sized Muffins not cupcake size :D

All plans – 2.5 syns per muffin or you can have 3 during the day which will count as 1 HeB and 2.5 syns!!

56g Oatbran ( 2 x HeB or 10 Syns )
3 Eggs
Few drops of Vanilla Extract
Toffee Mullerlight
25g Skimmed Milk Powder (4.5 Syns )
3 tbsp Splenda
1 tsp Baking Power

Preheat oven to 180.
Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Spoon into muffins tins (silicon works really well) and bake for 20 mins.....then enjoy

You can experiment with a variety of different flavours, works with bacon and onion and would be lovely with an allowance of cheese I imagine J

can i just ask..what is oatbran???

Oatbran is the outer husk of the oat which is normally thrown away but actually contacins tons of fibre and minerals. Its quite fine so is perfect for making these muffins.
It was a key part of the Dukan diet and I actually prefer it now to Porridge Oats :D
x

cjeb456 said:
Thinking i may try the bacon and onion ones so i can have em for brekkie.. I take it i would omit the toffee muller and sugar?

What else would i add to replace the toffee muller?

Thanks hun x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya :)
I'd use plain fromage frais, sautéed onion, bacon and garlic .... Hope they turn out ok.
I'm making the toffee ones for a tasting session at group next week :) xx

mmmm sound nice. I too have oatbran in the cupboard from dukan days - still love the oatbran gallettes

Choc muffins made yest and today made apricot and raspberry :)

Attachments

• image-3869778470.jpg
    image-3869778470.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 249
  • image-4158414625.jpg
    image-4158414625.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 271
  • image-2622107189.jpg
    image-2622107189.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 246
Going to try these this weekend!