Obese air passenger in economy seat has picture taken

Jim

Big Boy
An image of an obese passenger squeezed into an economy airline seat has reopened a debate about how airlines deal with growing numbers of oversized passengers.

I can remember just how that guy must feel!

LINK HERE

Thats awful. I feel for him but at that size why buy just one seat if he knows he cant fit in it. He does look very tall though too in the picture, makes me wonder if it has been altered as how would he fit his legs in:confused:...and there is 2 seats behind him free lol

i got a feeling he had the 2 seats behind and the guy in front was probably his mate
but i feel for the guy

mmm.....how would ANYONE get past him in an emergency? He should have bought 2 tickets - he would have been more comfy and the flight crew/other passengers could freely walk the aisles.

aw, poor guy

That was the reason I started my diet. I was going on holiday and could not pull the belt around, thought I was going to have to ask for the belt extender and was horrified. It turned out I was sitting on a bit of the belt and it did fasten but I never forgot how I felt.

The holiday was not as brilliant as I expected as I spend every moment glancing at my reflection and realising how fat I had become.

Came home, started my diet and now the belt not only fastens but I have to pull it in a bit. The tray comes down and there is a gap between that and me whereas previously it used to rest on top of my huge stomach.

That is so sad the poor guy it doesn't actually help that airline seats are so small to squeeze in more passengers maybe it's about time something was done about it

Air France measure passengers at check-in - in front of everyone - if they think they are too big for one seat and then chage them 75% of a second seat.

“They will be charged 75 per cent of the cost of the second seat, which is the full price excluding tax and surcharges, on top of the full price for the first. The decision has been made for safety reasons. We have to make sure that the backrest can move freely up and down and that all passengers are securely fastened with a seatbelt. People who cannot fit into a single seat will then be fastened by slotting the belt tip of one seat into the plug of the next, stretching over both seats. "

How humiliated would you feel? It's horrible.

I really feel sorry for this man and barely can imagne how bad he must feel :(

must be so uncomfortable for him, and the person sitting next to him. One of my friends has to have the special extended seat belt when she's on a plane, i honestly dont know where the guts comes from to face the world, i mean, i give them the utmost respect for being able to do "regular" things, because why shouldnt they? but it must be so difficult to deal with knowing that people will be staring and talking about you. :(

Air France measure passengers at check-in - in front of everyone - if they think they are too big for one seat and then chage them 75% of a second seat.

“They will be charged 75 per cent of the cost of the second seat, which is the full price excluding tax and surcharges, on top of the full price for the first. The decision has been made for safety reasons. We have to make sure that the backrest can move freely up and down and that all passengers are securely fastened with a seatbelt. People who cannot fit into a single seat will then be fastened by slotting the belt tip of one seat into the plug of the next, stretching over both seats. "

How humiliated would you feel? It's horrible.

I suppose its the people who are not mega obese but who are a bit bigger than being in the 'overweight' catergory who risk the humiliation the most. I mean, some people u can tell they'll fit into a plane seat, some people you can tell they will probably struggle, but for the people who are close to the latter, it will be so humilating having to get measured by a no doubt slim flight attendant! But i suppose it might be a wake up call to get healthier for some people?

Back