Off Cambridge.

GnomesGnuts

Banned
Hi guys, as you know I have been suffering from depression, went on Cambridge a month ago, I lost a stone without sticling to it completely, and Im pleased about that, but made the decision to come off it, I am still 19stone 10lbs and after thinking long and hard about it, decided that Im going to try the healthy eating and gym approach, you see my sister ruthie had a stomach bypass operation three years ago, she was 28stone and needed it as she was a complusive eater, sometimes I think she didnt even know she was eating, anyway this reduced her calorie intake, to what i suppose is the same amount of calories we are taking in on cambridge, she didnt do exercise and as you can wonder was left with lots of skin esp on her stomach. I thought long and hard, the reason we get stretch marks is that weight is put on to quickly for our skin to catch up with and thats why it stretches, so I wondered if I exercised eat 1500cals, Id be losing weight slower but hopefully I'll be giving my skin chance to spring back as much as possible, obviously I will be left with excess skin, but hopefully it wont be as much as if I lost the weight quickly. I do believe the cambridge diet is a wonderful diet but I think I'll leave that option open if I cant lose it this way, I can always come back to cambridge, no matter how much excess skin I have I wont go for a tummy tuck, as much as I would long for a flat stomach, an operation which doesnt save my life isnt a route to go down for me, obviously we all make our choices, as much as I would like to have quick results, its seems to me a slower pace and an understanding of myself seems a route to go.

Anyway I would love to wish everyone success in their route to healthiness, all routes eventually, lead to the same destination, I will still be around to post etc.

Hey! I wish you every success with you journey. You will succeed, please keep posting and keep us updated with your journey. Good luck Vxx

I agree CD is good. I did it all wrong when i did it but that was my failure, not CDs and I too am keeping that option open. however, im now at slimming world and do 7 classes a week at the gym (aquafit and bodyjam) and its made a big difference to my shape. Im still massive but my clothes feel very different. plus my fitness has improved sooooo much. I think you stand a much better chance of letting ur skin recover by exercising and eating right. its not all about the skin though...it will help ur fitness levels no end as u go along and get lighter. very best of luck to you. xxxxxx

Thanks everyone, its important to know that others have difficulty following this diet, as I say tho, i have left cambridge as an alternative if i cant do the weight loss this waay, I have never tried to lose weight by sensible eating and exercise, so its worth a go......

i'll still post afterall I am snake champion!!!!

Back