Off to Italy!

northernboi

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can eat in Italy? I'm going on holiday for a week on Tuesday.

I'll be eating out every day for all three meals... no cooking involved.

I know I won't loose any weight, but I'd be delighted if I could maintain whilst I was there.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I was thinking yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, soups for lunch and (green day) pasta with small amount of meat and (red day) chicken and a couple of potatoes.

But I'm not sure if the pasta is all going to be soaked in cream and the meats all soaked in cheese etc!

All help gratefully received!

Oh god I have no idea but remember you have syns so use sauces etc as them....

Most of all enjoy the hol... theres always the week after to carry on with SW
:)

Have a fab time
x

Ooh I would love to go to Italy. I'm sure you'll find lots of tomato based pasta sauces too, which would be the healthiest I suppose. My BIL and his wife go to Italy, they say you must go just to try the food so I'm thinking you might find it quite hard to stick to plan!

Have a great time x

Don't worry too much about the food before you go, just make the right choices when you're there. Alternatively just go and have a fantastic holiday and worry about it when you get back! I think that's what most of us do! When I was in Italy last year my future father in law walked the legs off me....I actually lost weight!

oh my god! just eat! it's the best food in the world :D

in italy if you order a simple pasta with tomato sauce it was have you drooling - because they know how to cook! i've just come back from the south of france and we spent about 5 days in italy, visiting my partners family. the food in france was so so, but the food in italy was amazing. i had a 2 course lunch in an restaurant in italy and ordered watermelon as my desert, thinking it would come in a bowl cut in to little square and the waitress brought over a quarter of a huge watermelon on a big glass plate with a knife for me - it was slightly embarassing! lol

it should be easy to maintain - but please go and enjoy it. and if you think sod it when you get there then pleeeeeeeeease try the ice cream! it's unbelievable! :D

ive been to italy a good few times, avoid pizza (obv) and be aware that they eat alot of olive oil on pasta as well. alot of the time they have grilled meats and fish which will always be fine, you can get a lot of tomato pased pasta dishes though. just try not to go ott and enjoy yourself!

Back