Off topic, but what would you do?!

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
My hubby didn't really like my hair colour (as in my profile pic) so I've changed it and gone slightly darker with a more even colour (rather than several different colours all layered in together) but I hate it! I want him to find me attractive but I want to find me attractive too! I was dark haired before the wretched grey set in, hence lately having several lighter colours mixed in. I can't go darker again cos then my grey roots will show up (my worst nightmare!) What should I do? Rock - me - hard place.

It's nice when hubby likes your hair BUT its your hair and nothing more attractive than someone who feels good about themselves!

Very true. I like that perspective :) And Chris has literally just said (very tentatively!) that he actually preferred the old colour to this. Ffs. Thank god I used a temporary colour. Just got to wash it like crazy to get rid of it! Maybe he should pay the 85 quid for another trip to my hairdresser!

Apparently using washing up liquid DOES remove much of the temp colour. Feel much better now. And I'm sure it shows... ;-)

Now a topic I can help with... Fairy liquid is amazing at stripping hair but put leave in conditioner and only do once as it will kill your hair follicles and make the next colour uneven.
Firstly I'd say we'll done for having a man who even recognises you've changed your hair. Have you considered going lighter with say a gold and a honey so it's got a summary edge. I'm not sure if your highlights went stripes but it takes a few days to settle. If they were too yellow, blue shampoo with brighten them up (same with blue toothpaste on yellow teeth they counteract)

Good luck with the next colour :)

I have an even spread of gold, honey and a light blonde to hide my grey, it's quite blended, never been stripey. First couple of times he liked it but I think my hairdresser got a bit carried away with the lightest shade this time. I got a lot of the temp darker colour off with the washing up liquid (I slather on conditioner anyway, my hair is like straw!) and now it looks ok, not too dark but not too light. I'll have to make sure I ask my hairdresser to ease up on the blonde next time, but still carefully balancing the shades to hide the grey roots. And my hubby hasn't a grey hair in sight! Lucky bugger doesn't know what I go through!

Back