off topic... opinions required

vintella

hi all
need a bit of help it will be my 5th anniversary in april next year and i have said that i will plan something for us, we are leaving the baby with the grandfolk and will have 2 whole nights of freedom!!

i have 2 very different ideas:
1 is to go and stay at a 5* country house in anglesey in wales lots of countryside, walking on beaches etc and obv a very nice room with a bath big enough for 2;).

the other is a city break in edinburgh
still nice hotel (prob not 5* though) meals out (should be at end of rtm) lots of bars and clubs bit of sight seeing during the day and hopefully still the 2 person bath;).

they both appeal to me but am torn between peace and quiet romance, and fast paced full on fun.

anyone got any views?
or other suggestions will be leaving baby up north near manchester so will need to be something within a few hrs of there
thanks
ella
x

well having lived in edinburgh i would highly recomend it, great bars and lotd to see and do, or if you fancy a quiet scottish weekend in a 5 star hotel have a look at Marr Hall.

I lived in Edinburgh too!!!

Its great and you can get some peace and romance there too!! Some hotels do romance packages where you can have spa treatments, champagne and chocs etc. there is a bit of everything in Edinburgh. So you could do whatever you like.

Have a good look about, my OH is taking me away for 2 nights in may for my 30th. Im thinking of Edinburgh because there is so much to do. I also like Glasgow though.

Oh its a hard life!

Anglesey is lovely, scenic and peaceful and is is only 2 hours from manchester should your little one need you.
We've done a lot work on Anglesey so we know it quite well. (Installing security on caravan parks)
Edinburgh is fab too, if it was a choice I had to make, I would choose Anglesey.

I would choose the peaceful quiet romatic getaway, and make sure I got my moneys worth out of the room.... ;) :giggle:

Me - I go to great lengths to avoid crowds!!! Would much rather quiet one on one time with my everlovin. Bubble baths, massage, whoo-who000 :giggle:, quiet walks on the beach.....OR....noise, traffic, crowds, loud music, drunk people, no parking, etc.....

I know which I would choose!! BUt its gotta be what you two love!

Have fun in any event!

x

thanks for views guys
we live in london so am currently favouring peace and quiet of anglesey
but am rubbish at decisions!!
ella
x

I live in the highlands of Scotland beside the beach so i guess that's why I would go for a city. However if you live in London maybe peacefull romantic getaway would be a better choice as its a total contrast. Im sure whatever you do will be lovely.

oh jealous!!
it sounds idyllic
ella
x

Is it Tre-Ysgawen Hall? It's gorgeous - I arranged a few business conferences there, and liked it so much that me and my other half went there for our anniversary last year (even though it's only a few miles from us!). Beautiful rooms, great spa, fabulous food! Enjoy!

Back