Off Topic: tell me a little bit about yourself.

ChubLock

Silver Member
As a regular forum user I often enjoy learning a bit more about my virtual friends so would anyone like to share some more information about themselves. I'll start. I'm Chublock (nickname from OH) and I'm 22. I work FT as a children's nurse and I've been battling my weight for nearly 10 years now (started to get chubby as a teenager). I've got a big family and dote on my 23 month old nephew but he lives over 200 miles away so I don't get to see him that much. I've got a live in boyfriend of 2.5yrs and we're both desperate for a dog but since we live on the fourth floor of a block of flats we can't do it :( So, anyone like to share a bit of info about themselves? :)

Hey Chubblock, im 26 been married for 3 yrs this november, we are currently trying to sell our flat to move to a house as we have an 18 month old toddler but arent having much luck :(
My OH would love a dog but i am allergic to them and get a really tight chest when around them for long periods of time. Such a shame because I would love a little puppy to cuddle now my toddler doesnt want cuddles anymore lol.x

I'm Jude, a nickname my best friend gave me (she sings hey jude at me ALOT, no idea where it came from but i think we were drunk) I work in a callcentre and i hate it, i would like to be a teaching assistant but i don't have the confidence. I've had issues with weight since i was about 10, i was always told i was a fat child/teenage but looking at photos i wasn't, i looked like a regular growing girl. So after 16years of yo yo dieting the only success i've had is to gain. I suffer with depression and i comfort eat, oddly i think most of my depression/anxiety/sadness would go if i lost weight because i'd get what i've always wanted, a baby but i still don't seem to be able to succeed.
Chublock i really want a dog too but we work full time so its not really feesable, i'd love a westie and hubbs wants a husky!

Hey Jude (no pun intended, honest) I was a teaching assistant after I left school, and I can understand your concerns about confidence. I had none, I still dont have much now but I did find it hard to teach when the whole time I thought the kids were just secretly laughing at me behind my back.
I had my daughter when i was 19 stone, I wouldnt recommend being pregnant at that weight to anyone. You need to be healthy (not skinny) to be pregnant, for your sake and the babys. I wish you lots of luck on your journey and hope you can gain some confidence along the way xx

Hey Jude (no pun intended, honest) I was a teaching assistant after I left school, and I can understand your concerns about confidence. I had none, I still dont have much now but I did find it hard to teach when the whole time I thought the kids were just secretly laughing at me behind my back.
I had my daughter when i was 19 stone, I wouldnt recommend being pregnant at that weight to anyone. You need to be healthy (not skinny) to be pregnant, for your sake and the babys. I wish you lots of luck on your journey and hope you can gain some confidence along the way xx

My cousin is about that size and she's due any day, i was ttc but having spoken her about it and a few failed pregs in the last couple of years i've decided i need to be healthier before i even try, even if i got to 16stone (6stone loss) it would be better.
I've never tried counting cals again so hopefully i'll be successful this time

I've been married twice, first time was only for 5 months, I've kept stuff in the fridge longer, never get married as a teen. I did better 2nd time, 18yrs.

Hi guys I'm Nat I am 31 and have 2 children whom I had when I was 18 and 20 I was 19 stone the first time and 17 stone the second time it took me 6 years after my 2nd to lose it all and I met my new fella and we have been happily married for 5 years I was diagnosed with a knee disease 8 years ago and have had an operation every year sometimes 2 since and last year I had a knee replacement that didn't get rid of the knee disease as it is in the tissue but it did obvoiusly help my knee joint that was wrecked!
I still walk with a stick and I take very strong painkillers every day due to the lack of mobility and meds I went back up to 15 stone and it has taken me 2 years to get back down to 11st 9lbs and I now want to shift the last bit.
I have a 5 year old cocker spaniel and he is a munchkin!

Hi there i'm new here and im 36 ive got 1 child age 8 with very mild autism and im a domestic help (self employed) i havent tried dieting up til now and i only need to lose 7lbs for now and i have two cats all fluffy and cute. must dash my daughter is at brownies and il be late collecting AGAIN lol!

Hi. I'm a 22 year old just finished being a student and needs to find a job-ber. Just done my Masters in Psychological Well being and Mental Health. First time I've properly tried dieting. Going surprisingly well so far :)

Hi Chublock (and everyone)

I am 31 I have 4 children and have been a sahm since having my 3rd child 2.5yrs ago. I am studying towards a Lit/Lang degree with the Open University as I want to be a secondary english teacher.

I never struggled with weight at all, and was always around 8.5st and a size 10!!!! until my first pregnancy.......
So here I am! I have tried slimming world and slimfast but didn't really find either to be sustainable. So fingers crossed this is the way forward for me x

CC is surprisingly flexible and is fitting in well with my life at the moment although my losses are slow because I've only reduced to 1600 not 1200 because I love my food too much!!

That's good. The slower you lose, the more likely it is to stay off!

and it makes it a little more enjoyable... as long as you keep losing you are onto a winner :)

--

My name is Hannah, I'm 25, from Northern Ireland :) Single, no kids but got 2 cats! Worked in a call centre for the nhs for about 6 years.

I am 18 st # currently, probably more like 19. Can't seem to keep to any diet for any spell of time :( I've got some mega health problems and i'm on a drug that is supposed to be anti weight loss

I'm 26. 27 in less than 4 weeks.

I am now maintaining at just under 9 stone after losing just over 6.5 stone.

I lost the first 4 stone on LL and then the rest by calorie counting.

I got married at the end of July and everyone thought I was just losing weight to look good on the day but I have proved them wrong and am still the same weight 10 weeks later.

I've had a lot of ups and downs this year but have finally learnt that food doesn't solve my problems and starving myself 5 days a week so I can eat and drink loads at the weekend doesn't work either!

This is really nice getting to know everyone :)

I'm Morrigan, 26 year old performing arts teacher and both an arty type and a bit of a geek! I'm getting married in November to my OH who I've been with for 10 years. We have a couple of cats and are at the stage where we'd like to start a family soon too. I have struggled with my weight since I was young child and have 'been on a diet' for as long as I can remember - at times this has resulted in disordered eating and a whole host of mental health problems. I began this chapter of my journey in late October last year and this is the first time I have actually succeeded at losing weight in a healthy way. A huge part of that has been the support I've received here at Minimins which I am so thankful for. I couldn't do it without you guys! At my largest I weighed 14 stone 2 and my current weight of 10 stone is the lowest I can remember since I starting taking notice of my weight. Like goodthings, many people assume my loss is related to my wedding when in fact it is actually the 'lightbulb moment' after years of yo-yo dieting ;)

It is lovely getting to know people. I'm a 20 year old uni student with no idea what to do in life! I perhaps only was overweight from senior school onwards but in yr9 I went on a school ski trip and was weighed for skis and was 90kg although at the time it didn't hit me how heavy I was a few years later I was still gaining and decided to turn things around I didn't count calories just healthy eating and being more active. I got to about 60kg then on my gap year I put 5 kg back on. First term at uni that 5kg was lost with no trouble whatsoever, just being more active did that. Now I'm just losing the last bit for vanity, which could be seen as selfish or unnecessary but it's greatly improved my confidence and personally to me that's worth it, no matter what anyone says

Hi all!!

I'm Jane, 41 years old and a mother of 3 gorgeous girls, had my first at 15 (not recommended) but wouldn't swap her for the world, on my 2nd marriage to a policeman (Mark). I work full time as an Office Manager so we rarely see each other! I'm from Nottingham. Always had issues with my weight, this being the last time!! So determined to get it all off. Love the motivation and support on here. It's like a weight loss club in my pocket (I use my I phone) !!

Going to Mexico on March 1st 2012 and would love to almost be at goal by then .

I'm Ellie, 35 with an 18 month old son. I've been married for 6 years. I'm a full- time teacher (secondary school) and love swimming, playing the flute and singing. I have struggled with my weight since I was at uni (I was horrified when the doctor told me I was medically overweight in my first term checkup) and am fed up of being the biggest and fattest woman in my entire family! (my mother and aunts are 5', 7 stone waifs and my SIL are dance and yoga teachers!!)

I'm Sarah, 24. At uni in my second year doing primary teaching. Have struggled with my weight for as long as I remember.

I lost 3.5 stone last year. I've been on this site for 1.5 years but the last year has been a huge struggle with starting uni. I have maintained but I really want to lose.

Have found Minimins and MFP really useful but have been struggling to keep using it properly what with uni distractions!

Back