off topic :(

Sheep

on the up lol
today i had to take my baby (nearly 11 ) in to big school , (1 of 3 ) im feeling so sad for him at min, we had to find what class he in and his teacher, but on the walk up there all he kept saying was ..... i feel sick... i asked him if hes nervous he said no... in line when teacher got him to line up he said ohh sun in my eyes (his eyes were watering ) funny cos i was shading him from where i was standing............ god...... only few more hours to go i hope hes alright, i know it can be scarey for them but hes my baby :cry:
To make it worse theres a kid in his class that lives near us........ always bullying him and others..... god knows how many times i had to go see him :( So he gotta make new friends again as all his in other classes

Ah, poor lad. Can you not have a word with the school and warn them about the problems he has had with this other boy? Forewarned is forearmed.

I've often been in school when the Y6's come for their taster days and they all look very small and very nervous. By Christmas of their Y7 they have all settled in and you'd think they'd been there forever.

I'll have the same thing next July when my baby has her taster day. Scary isn't it - that they have grown up so much!!! My eldest had just left school - how old does that make me feel!!!!!

I hope he enjoys his day.

x

Awwwwwwwwwwww bless. I bet its a bit daunting for him, but im sure he'll be fine. I remember all my mates went to diff schools and when I got up there all on my lonesome, I met friends from Infants and Brownies so I was sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us know how he got on hun x

I'm going through the same with my daughter this year. Fortunately, she absolutely loved the intake day and can't wait to go up there. I think I'm far more nervous than she is about it!!

Aww, know exactly how you feel hun... my baby 11 yr old also starts high school this year! Its wierd how they suddenly look so little and scared isn't it x

ooooooorrrrr hun. I bet you can't wait to get him home.

I'm not sending my daughter to secondary school. I'm home schooling her. The primary schools round here are fab, but I'm not sending her to the 'new 30 million pound secondary school' they have just built. Its full of scally's and I mean scally's!! Obviously there are a few good kids, but the bad really out number them. I've had a lady from the councel round today and she's has told me what I need to do and put me in contact with a group of other home schoolers who arrange meetings and take the kids out so they get interaction with other kids of the same age. She's in loads of after school groups so she gets to be with kids 4 days out of the week. So many people have had a dig at me for doing this, but I don't care what they think.

ooooooorrrrr hun. I bet you can't wait to get him home.

I'm not sending my daughter to secondary school. I'm home schooling her. The primary schools round here are fab, but I'm not sending her to the 'new 30 million pound secondary school' they have just built. Its full of scally's and I mean scally's!! Obviously there are a few good kids, but the bad really out number them. I've had a lady from the councel round today and she's has told me what I need to do and put me in contact with a group of other home schoolers who arrange meetings and take the kids out so they get interaction with other kids of the same age. She's in loads of after school groups so she gets to be with kids 4 days out of the week. So many people have had a dig at me for doing this, but I don't care what they think.

I don't have kids and its luck that we have good schools around, but I think you should decide how your child is educated - I can only imagine what it's like for them to try and learn when you have constant disturbances going on - it was bad enough when I was in school - I say go for it, i'm sure your more than capable of creating enriched learning experiences without having the battle of the non-learners;);););)

Hope he enjoyed his taster day.My 11 year old daughter had her day last week and LOVED it. I was the worried one.;)

Shaz, good luck with the home schooling.

I'm lucky in that my eldest has just left a fab school and my son is there. I'm hoping my youngest will also get in. Some of the schools here are dodgy and I wouldn't want them there but theirs and the one I work at are very good.

x

well worrie over :D
He had a fab time, only thing he said he not like was getting told to sit in middle of 2 girls all day lol , so looks like my baby growing up ;)
i can relax now till september lol ,
thanks guys for ur post :)

Back