Oh dear...and hello!

Well, I only discovered this forum the other day, but I've been trying to pluck up the courage to join in ever since, so here I am!

I'm a laydee, early 30s and have always really struggled with my weight, to the point that I have been severly depressed at times and felt completely alone. That's partly why it's so wonderful to find you all.

To give you an idea of the scale of the problem (!) I'm only 5ft3 and, when i plucked up the courage to weigh myself for the first time in about 10 years, I was horrified to find that I am literally off the scale. :cry:

Anyway, I'm trying to do something about it, so here I am.

I've previously managed to get down to a size 20, but soon ballooned back to a 26/28. Over the last 7 weeks I've managed to get back to a 22/24 by basically not eating anything (or at least, that's how it feels!). I'm being very VERY careful about what i eat and I think I'm maxing about 1000 cals a day. I walk for about 20 mins or so daily, but that's the sum total of the exercise I do at the moment. I know that's not enough, but my exercise of choice is swimming, and there aint no way this body is getting into a swimsuit until it's considerably smaller...

I really do mean it this time, so here I am. I'm finding reading all of your posts incredibly inspirational and look forward to contributing and (hopefully) inspiring some of you on your journey. :D

Dim.

well done for joining us hun!! i have a mammoth task ahead of me and everyone here is fantastic at inspiration, encouragement and advice. i wish you all the luck you need and keep everyone posted with how you get on!! xxx

Hello and welcome
it sounds like you have had a emotional journey to get this point but you are here now so thats the main thing :) so good luck and even just walking is a step in the good direction
andy

Thanks so much for the lovely welcome. Am trying to just take things day by day at the moment - little steps. Am fed up with feeling that I'm missing out on life becasue of my weight. It's time to get rid of it!

Welcome from me too Dim :D:D:D

Back