Oh oh! I'm becoming a slave to the scales!

Caz

Repeat Offender
I posted a while ago about getting scales and after listening to what everyone said I decided not to. I had scales but didn't think they worked properly. I then realised that it's because I had them on a rug! Now on a hard surface they weigh me properly and it's the same as my CDC. So I'm now weighing myself all the time! Well, once a day. But I can see already how I'm starting to jump on them more. Today was a good day as it showed a good loss. I'm just worried about those times when it doesn't. I don't want to let it dictate my mood, but at the same time it's good motivation. How do you guys stop becoming obsessive about weighing yourself? Or do you just deal with it

I'm a slave to the scales too hun, have been whatever diet I've been doing. At first I found it demotivating when they stayed the same, and exhilarating when they shifted. I soon noticed a pattern in them though, STS for the first 4 days of the week, losses for the last 3. I still weigh myself at the beginning of the week, I can't help it, I'm more addicted to weighing than I was to food!! But when I weigh myself and see a STS, I look at the bigger picture and remember how much I've lost and how far I've come. A STS one day is nothing compared to the 21lbs you've already lost :)

Yeah I think you're right, need to just look at the bigger picture. I haven't really seen any days where there's been an increase, only very minimal. Just concerned that when I do I'll let that dictate my mood like the losses do, but just not in a good way. I think you're definitely right though, it's about how we think about it. So I just have to remind myself of what I've lost so far and how it varies day to day. Thanks :)

Hi

I am too a slave to the scales and weigh twice a day............sad woman............it goes up and down due to the massive water intake but I agree with you lisalulu we definitely do need to look at the bigger picture. Going to try reduce it to once a day I think......x

I get weighed every morning with WW scales so they even register a 0.25 lb loss or gain lol.

I have lose 0.25 lbs since yesterday yay. lmao.

I love my scales.

i fight it but i tend to weigh every morning after a wee! but it can dictate my mood. luckily i have lost 3lbs int he last 2 days so i'm stoked! but it will probably stick the same now.

I got my boyfriend to hide the scales for one week last week, and it just didn't work for me....I find I keep 100% when I can weigh-in whenever I have the urge, and it gives me a buzz to keep going!

I weigh myself all the time! I have the scale in the bathroom and everytime I go to the bathroom I weigh myself.
I really need to stop doing that since sometimes it shows that I've lost a good deal and then suddenly I'm back to what my WI was last week. Which doesn't feel very good.

I also think scales can sometimes make people lose heart .
Maybe they need to be taken out of the house and Just go with the feeling of clothes , will make you wonder even more !

I weigh every morning too on my MiBody Scales which tell you everything, like fat%, Water%, your bmi and then you put it onto the pen drive and download it to your computer where I can study what I have lost from one day to the next.... addicted or what?? Unfortunately my CDC wanted me to do SS+ this week and this morning I have got on the scales and weigh .2lb more than yesterday, and now I am convinced I am going to put on weight this week... sometimes I do put on a small amount of weight especially when I haven't been to the toilet for a few days, but when I finally go I have a much better weightloss (tmi I know)....

my name is Linnyloo and i confess that weight myself everytime I go to the bathroom.......

We should start a weighers anonymous club....

the one good thing about my scales not going to my weight is that I'm not a slave to them yet...... I say yet lol!!

Ooh those sound like amazing scales greeneyes!!

Rhiana what do your scales do if they don't show your weight?

Well I just jumped on the scales, naughty I know, and they showed a 1.5lb loss from yesterday. But I never quite trust them seeing as it can go up and down a lot so I only actually listen to my CDCs. But it's nice to know how I'm doing. 1.5lbs encouraged me.

Hi

I am too a slave to the scales and weigh twice a day............sad woman............it goes up and down due to the massive water intake but I agree with you lisalulu we definitely do need to look at the bigger picture. Going to try reduce it to once a day I think......x

Twice a day????????????/ Are you kidding me? Why on earth do you do that hun? You're just setting yourself up for disappointment everytime you see them say something different.....pleased don't do it! (Runs off with everyones scales and shoves 'em in a cupboard) xxxxx

Twice a day????????????/ Are you kidding me? Why on earth do you do that hun? You're just setting yourself up for disappointment everytime you see them say something different.....pleased don't do it! (Runs off with everyones scales and shoves 'em in a cupboard) xxxxx
Yep twice a day and maybe more if I think to..............ok I am pledging now to stop and wait until Monday for weigh in..............I think I am just fascinated with this diet as it is the first one to work for me or that I have stuck to in years and the weighing gives me a high..........does that sound weird????

I love weighing every morning and i have found it helps keep me on track. If i know i have over eaten, then i find any excuse under the sun not to get on them but weighing daily helps to focus me x

Oh so its not just me then although I think once is normal..........lol.........twice is obsessive .....I am sure I will get bored when the novelty wears off ................X

Hey Caroline.
Must say I used to be really bad with the scales on and off on and off.
But the last week or so I have just been getting on first thing in the morning and sometimes at night..
But really until you go to get weighed at your cdc then thats what the final loss is.. xx

Back