Oh Rats !!!

fillymum

synful soul
I woke up at 5a.m. this morning and went to get a drink of water from the kitchen.

To my surprise when I turned the light on there on the kitchen unit sat on top of a large nectarine was a tree rat........:eek:

The cheeky creature stared at me for a few seconds and then went out the way he had come in. Through a hole he had chewed in the mosquito netting in the kitchen window.

I had taken 2 nectarines out of the fridge the night before to ripen for today. The little monster had taken chunks out of them both. ( the goats were thrilled)

Tree rats are cute creatures and very pretty. They only eat fruit and plants.

There numbers are kept down naturally by 2 very large snakes that live on our land. They are not poisonous snakes.

Life is never dull down on the farm lol !!!

Oh Lordy I don't think I could cope with that.
My dad once told me we had a mouse in the kitchen then when I walked in rolled a
Potato across the floor towards me
I was out in the street in my nightie squealing before he could catch me
Fx

As long as they keep the snakes fed...

That made me go all queasy just reading it, I don't do rodents!

sounds interesting, bet you got the fright of your life! i would have lol x

Not a fright . I was a bit shocked by his cheek.

I quite like them.

That made me go all queasy just reading it, I don't do rodents!

These are so pretty I am sure you would like them.

We have lots of them living in the trees around the place. They don't bother us and we don't bother them.

Very clean animal apparently andgiven a bad press!

A mate of mine had two a number of years ago and his very young daughter loved them. Like most pople I was afeared of them, thining they'd go for the throat as in all urban myths.

They are wonderful and make great pets! - very intelligent too.

I wouldn't have one in my house though;)

I went to Malaysia when I was 18 on an exchange programme and for a couple of days we stayed on a nature reserve place where they had lovely log cabins and rice fields and all sorts of fab things. The first night we were there we were all sitting around chatting and this MASSIVE rat jumped down from the rafters onto one of the boys shoulders. Cue lots of screaming girls (and boys) but I thought it was pretty cool, and brave!

You were on his teritory and hadn't invited him to share your super............:D

Notice how all my rats are male........... hmmmm now why is that I wonder :rolleyes:

Furious bit of back-peddling there.

I like it, I like it a lot:p

I was referring to Paul actually:whistle:

oh and my baby boy of course...:hug99::wavey:

Back