Lynn's Diary - My Big Fat Weight Loss Journey

just trying to work out how to change teh title of my diary, if this doesnt work can someone tell me please.

edit, nope that didnt work

Go to All diets
Weight Loss Diet
Right click twice at side or your diary title and it will open box for you to type and alter title

Hope that works for you :)

Go to All diets
Weight Loss Diet
Right click twice at side or your diary title and it will open box for you to type and alter title

Hope that works for you :)

Thanks Kas, now forgive me for being thick...........:confused: but where do i find All Diets?

Oops forget that, I was being thick lol, and you have the same probelem with right and left that i do haha

Thanks Kas, now forgive me for being thick...........:confused: but where do i find All Diets?

Oops forget that, I was being thick lol, and you have the same probelem with right and left that i do haha

Sorry i was doing it from memory lol I do know my left from my right honest :)

Hubby back from Wales today so took me out for a meal this evening, he calls me stick insect haha, i liked it better when he called me slinky.

I had a fish mixed grill, was absolutely delicious! King prawns, tuna, swordfish, some white fish i didnt recognise but was delicious, a slice of fresh pineapple grilled, a big bowl of salad, and 3 stalks of grilled asparagus. Im stuffed! He had burger and chips :)

Ahh thanks Heathly :)

Yes its hard to know what weight is best for you when you start out, but you have to have a figure in mind to aim for. Im much older than I was the last time I lost a serious amount of weight and that has to be taken into consideration, as well the physical aging changes to your body. I do think even at 55, that my skin will recover to a degree, after all Ive lost 5 and half stone in just 23 weeks, so I cant in all honesty expect my body to behave as if im still a teenager! , or even as it did in my mid 30's when skin wasnt such a consideration then. Its no good me being skinny and hating my body just as much as i did when i was fat lol.

Im kind of tempted to start a new diary now, I want to leave my fat self behind now, its like a psychological thing i think. A new body, a new challenge, a new journey. I think I will do that, it really appeals to me, but not before I hit my target. It has to be something ive earned the right to do, even if it is only 2 lbs away :)

I hope you are feeling better today, I know how miserable tonsillitis is. I had 2 years of it going down with it every 6 or 8 weeks, and ended up having my tonsills out which sorted the problem out once and for all. Mine was triggered by a dose of scarlet fever which is caused by the same bug apparently, so may have been the reason why i kept on getting it. That was a long time ago though, when my children were small.

Sophie is moving around more, she will follow me into the kitchen now, but much prefers the luxury of staying in my study. She reminds of my grandmother who was a terrible hypochondriac lol. My gran found out that she could get a free wheelchair from the red cross. She didnt NEED a wheelchair, but free was good in her book, and she ended up with 3 of them, all cluttering up her hallway. She lived in South London in a terraced victorian house, which was very long from front to back, about 50ft i would estimate, with kitchen at the back. She had one of her wheelchairs in the kitchen that she would sit in.

I used to take it in turns with my mum and sisters to go up on a Sunday and take her shopping to Safeways, who had electric wheelchairs for disabled people to use. She loved those electric wheelchairs, but was dangerous in them. She didnt care who was behind her or in front of her, she would just charge about in it like a maniac! omg the stories I could tell about those trips to Safeway lol.

Anyway, one Sunday I was up there, had brought her back from shopping and got her into her kitchen wheelchair, which always involved a lot of manhandling to get her comfortable. I had got her her dinner and a cup of tea and was getting ready to leave, but she kept thinking up things for me to do to keep me there. I finally managed to get away, and left the house. I shut the front door behind me and had got to the gate, which was no more than 15 ft from the front door, when she was at the front door calling me back! She must have ran from the kitchen to the front door to get me before I even got through the gate! And that was WITH negotiating the spare wheelchairs in the long narrow hallway. She was a character, omg i coud write a book about her. The bread rolls she made with 20 year old flour is something i will never forget either, she would never throw anything away.

Lol, oh Lynn, that has really tickled me! I can just picture your gran running down the hall way after you. Its so funny to think of being in a wheelchair when you dont need to be, then again, there were times at my heaviest that i would look at people in scooters at shopping centres with a jealous glint in my eye!!! :D

Glad Sophie is moving around a bit more, thats hopefully a good sign. Have you seen those radiator seats for cats, they look seriously cosy!

I'm loving your new picture, its great to see the new you! Such a good idea to start a new diary when you get to your goal. Mentally its good to seperate the old from the new.. wow I cant believe you have only 2 lbs to go woohooooo i dont think i would sleep at night!

Dinner sounds very nice indeed, my kind of food... does your hubby know about your new eternity ring yet...:D:D

xxx

Wow Lynn, finally you accepted your new and improved self and changed your avatar ;)

I think the stick insect thing is actually cute:p And I find hilarious to imagine you eating so healthy (fish, grill, fruit, salad) next to your hubby with chips and burger, hehe

Wow Lynn, finally you accepted your new and improved self and changed your avatar ;)

I think the stick insect thing is actually cute:p And I find hilarious to imagine you eating so healthy (fish, grill, fruit, salad) next to your hubby with chips and burger, hehe

you know, the burger and chips isnt so bad, but when he is in bed next to me eating terrys chocolate orange, thats when i start fantasising about being an axe murderer.

oh my... I think that would drive me nuts:p But it sounds like a great self-control exercise, hehe

Congrats Lynn! wow, you have only 1 pound left to reach your goal;) You need to start thinking about maintenance... Did you have already decided what plan will you follow?

Have a nice weekend x

Going to a Christening today, my niece's baby, Owen, is being christened.

My sisters and brothers will be there (except for my sister Louise in Spain), my 2 sisters havnt seen me for a while, so Im hoping they will see some changes in me :). My sister Sally is due to become a grandmother for the first time, the baby is actually due today, but first babies have a habit of being late so I think Sally will be there today.

Ive been searching round for a suitable christening present all week, but really dont know what to buy. So its going to be money in an envelope, a bit of a cop out but at least my niece will be able to put it towards something she really wants for her little boy. I must get hubby to take a pic of me together with Lita and Sally, Ive been the BIG sister for so long, that it would be nice to have one us of together with me looking normal finally.

Ive just had my breakfast shake so im feeling pretty full right now, but Ive no idea what kind of food is going to be on offer this afternoon. I wont make a big worry out of it, but I am going to take a packet of the BBQ soy nuts with me, in case its all carb based.

My sister Louise is actually having the most awful time at the moment, there is some serious drama going on that has involved her and her family being threatened (actual death threats!) which has involved the Civil Guard and is coming to court on Monday. I was considering going out there on Friday, I even looked up flights, but the harrasers have been arrested and hopefully it will be resolved one way or the other come Monday. Im very worried about her though.

So now im off to beautify myself, really looking forward to this afternoon!

Well I forgot to take my soy nuts! Also forgot to do my nails, so i looked lovely with scraggy nails lol. As it happened i wasnt hungry anyway, so just drank a couple of soda waters. The food there was all sandwiches sausage rolls and cakes, with an occasional garnish of tomato and cucmber. I didnt bother lol, not my sort of food. But the food wasnt the reason for being there anyway, it was a lovely day and great to catch up with people i havnt seen for ages.

I was chatting to one person i havnt seen for a while, then she went and mentioned to my brother that she had just spoken to 'Lita'. Bro told her it wasnt Lita, it was Lynn. She was so shocked she had to come and tell me haha. Lita has always been the skinny sister, but not anymore :D

Son Rob cooked dinner tonight, chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and stuffed with philly garlic and chilli flakes, with mashed potato and yorkshire puddings. I declined. But it was just the sort of food a few months ago that would have me grabbing for more. It looked soooo delicious and smelt heavenly. I cooked my own chichen and veg, but i did add a dessertspoon of the philly to mine and it was lovely, if a little garlicky. I will no doubt stink of it tomorrow.

I rang Louise tonight, she is really shaken up by the events of the last few days and is dreading the court tomorrow. God i wish i could be there. My sister Sally is going over to Spain in a few days anyway to see Louise, all being well with the imminent grandchild.

Hi Lynn,

How's the family? Hope everything is ok with them, sounds like really scary stuff; you must be so worried.

Well done at the christening for resisting, and your sons cooking, he sounds like quite a chef! Must have been lovely at the christening people being able to see such a difference in you, bet it gave you such a lift.

How's that last 1 pound coming along ? Have you got any celebrations in mind for when your scales read that magic number?? I'd say a shopping trip is always a good way to start, maybe happen upon a Jewellery shop to check out some rings... ;)

Hope your day is going well xxx

Well, my sister Louise went to court Monday, but no sign of the aggressors. They were apparently under house arrest, but i think maybe the spanish police were hoping they would leave the country and become someone elses problem, although i understood that the passports were confiscated (they were english). I dont think Louise and her family have heard the end of this though.These guys made threats to kill my sister, her husband and her 2 year baby, they also threatened the people that live next door to them as well. I cant imagine the anguish she is going through, especially as she doesnt know where they are now.

It was no great achienement to resist the christening food, i dont think i would have fancied it much in any case lol. My son is a great cook, very natural cook. I watched him make yorkshire pudding last night. He didnt weigh or measure anything, just threw it in a bowl and whisked it up, then left it for an hour in the fridge. They looked amazing, light puffy crisp and golden, now THAT was hard to resist! I went out, I couldnt handle it lol, went to chat to the neighbours while he ate.

The last lb is still there, but i am eating more now which is a good thing, so it might take a while to shift it. I was very bad today though, was working in Lllanelli and the lady there had bought welsh cakes especially to offer me some. Im not keen on cake or biscuits, but good welsh cakes are hard to beat, and its been a long time since i had any. I ended up eating 3! Im not even going to think of the carbs in that! They were lovely though, and if it stalls my weight for a few days, well so be it. Its not like i eat them very often.
I have tried to balance out the carbs by having a just a piece of chicken tonight, not that i was very hungry anyway.

My jeans are too baggy on me now, these ones ive been wearing are a size 14 from Evans, as Evans is the only place I have found that do straight leg high rise jeans. Everywhere else sells low rise bootcut. I dont mind the bootcut so much although i prefer straight, but i cant stand low rise. I hate that feeling of them on my hips. 14 is the smallest Evans make, and im pretty sure their sizes are generous anyway. I discovered that Levi 627's are supposed to be high waist straight cut, but i have a feeling the largest size they make is a 12. I havnt been able to find any locally to try though, so im not sure. Anyway, someone suggested that i try ebay, and i bid on a pair of South jeans, brand newsize 14 high rise straight leg 33in long in black and i got them for £4.99 plus postage, £8 in all, and they were brand new too, still in the packaging with tags attached. They arrived today and they fit perfectly. I also bid on a pair of Levi 627 in a 34 waist 34 leg which was described as a size 10 in the details, but i cant believe that a 34 waist equates to a 10, so i bid on those and got them for £4.50. They are not brand new, but are hardly worn and a bargain at that as they are about £80 i think retail. If they are too small, well ill just have to lose more weight lol, or sell them on again. At least I get to try them.

One of my favourite ways to waste time is to go to Costa for a coffee. They often have outside seating areas (im a smoker) so I can have a coffee and a smoke and watch the world go by for half an hour.

Actually I dont watch the world go by, i watch people go by. Specifically im looking at what people wear. Because ive been so big for so long I find it hard to get to grips with what my 'style' is. So looking at what other people wear and how it looks on them, gives me ideas for what I could wear. And also, more to the point, what I shouldnt wear.

The sort of clothes im most comfortable in are jeans and trousers, with a nice top that shows off my new waist. And a belt. I love belts! I have so many now, ive never worn belts before, but now they are my new best friend. My sparkly belt being my bestest friend of course haha, well, my most expensive friend anyway.

I wasnt very hungry today, which surprised me because after eating 3 welsh cakes yesterday I really expected a backlash of carb craving. I was busy all day and forgot to eat my lunch sandwich, so i had it for dinner instead. I had a whey protein shake when i got home as well. I ordered a huge bucket of whey protein (choc mint flavour) after seeing someone here post about whey protein. So i looked up the website and ordered it Sunday evening. It was £27 with delivery i think and it arrived today. It contains about 80 servings, so is almost a quarter of the price of exante. Its not exactly the same as exante which has added vitamins and is creamier, but it is very high in protein. Also a serving has only 98 cals and 1.8 carbs compared to exantes 200 cals and 18.5 carbs, and it has 25g protein which is half a days recommended allowance.

I mixed it with too much water so it was a bit thin, but tomorrow ill make a thicker one. I just think it might supplement my food intake a bit for few cals and carbs, it tasted very nice as well. I wont be having it instead of the exante at breakfast because i dont think its as filling, but for something quick to have when i get home it seems pretty good. Sometimes im a bit hungry when i get in, but its too early for dinner. This just seems a better option than being tempted to raid the fridge. It might be nice hot too.

I found a very interesting reprint of a Times article today on the NHS website, i think it was dated end of 2009. It was a report on an experiment for a diet injection, which was what caught my attention. Since being on byetta for diabetes, im convinced that it will be used at some time in the future as a treatment for obesity, and i do believe that some doctors in USA are already using it for that. This particular drug wasnt exenatide (byetta) but liraglutide, which is a very similar drug marketed as Victoza (they are both GLP1), and is used in treating diabetes the same way that Byetta is.
The report starts off by saying that people can lose a stone in 5 months on it. Well frankly, i cant see anyone being tempted to stick a needle in themselves every day just to lose a stone in 5 months. But similar weight loss numbers are officially recorded for Byetta too, which i can really laugh in the face of, seeing as ive lost 5 and half stone in 5 months.

Victoza, like Byetta, is currently only licensed for use for diabetes, but i can see that changing in the future if these drugs prove to be safe long term.

A new injection could shift fat faster than weight loss pills

Last edited:
Back