Extra Easy ohhhh gggoooddddddddd

Dawnyo

i started slimming world 2 weeks ago. But i just cant seem to stick to it. The food is brilliant. i cook all my meals from scratch. its just the alcohol. I feel stressed at work so i reach for the wine.
Today i have had; oat so simple with cherrys and blueberries, mug shot, alpen bar, pear, spinach and chicken curry from the new cook book. oh yer, and two bottles of wine.....:cry:

i get weighed tomorrow. not looking forward to it.
help.......:sign0009:

Um.. don't buy wine?

I haven't been allowed to drink booze for about 6 years now, so I can't really help, but maybe try and think of other relaxing strategies to deal with stress (bubble bath, painting toenails, face mask and pamper night?)

Um.. don't buy wine?

I haven't been allowed to drink booze for about 6 years now, so I can't really help, but maybe try and think of other relaxing strategies to deal with stress (bubble bath, painting toenails, face mask and pamper night?)

As alcoholism is rife in my family, I refuse to drink at home alone.

I dont even keep it in the house as Id drink it if it was there. I get some once a week for a Saturday night and when its gone its gone.

Another one who says just don't buy it! That'll help. And find another way to treat yourself. It takes 21 days to form a habit so in 3 weeks you can get over the need to reach for the wine.

Good luck

Why don't you start with just drinking the recommended units for a woman a week. Alcohol is not good for weight loss but it's really not good for your general health either!

I've had similar problems in the past Hun, so I can see were your coming from, firstly if you don't buy it you can't drink it, but if a glass of wine relaxes you buy a small bottle and mix it with lemonade, don't go to certain shops that have offers for 3 for £10 it's dangerous! Since I've stopped drinking like I was weight is falling off me, I now have a small spirit on a Saturday and to be honest I don't miss it that much now! Be strong you can do it xxxx

Dawnyo, I hope you don't think I'm out of line in saying this, but your post makes me feel really worried for your health :( I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that two bottles of wine to yourself on a Monday night is a lot - more than a week's recommend intake for a woman.

I think Shrimpy's advice is spot on - don't buy the wine (if you don't have it in the house you can't drink it) and try and find some other pampering things that help you unwind. A long, hot bubble bath with an Options hot chocolate, for example, and getting in your jammies earlier than usual and curling up in bed with a trashy magazine :)

I think you need to go straight to source of problem - Is the stress at work a long term thing? Is changing jobs an option?

Dawnyo, I completely understand this post. Wine can be like a crutch to me too. And slimming world is so good for me, but the only problem I have is working my wine into my syns! Normally I go over one night and wont have any the next. Sometimes think oh why not not use your syns on something nice like an ice cream or choccy bar, but feel its a waste of syns and it should be used for alcohol!
I feel my weighloss would be a lot quicker and easier if it wasnt for the wine. But then on the other hand, some people rely on chocolate when they need a little boost. Everyone needs some vices!

Okay - to put it bluntly, If your job is really driving you to drink that much, you need a new job. When i found myself drinking a bottle a night due to work i got out. Now i can take it or leave it & i never feel i need it as a way of unwinding.

A massage once of twice a week would cost the same, is syn free. & is good for both relaxation & Water retention. A far better stress reliever than wine - & no headache in the morning.

As said above - don't have it in the house

Back