Oil more important to our diet than we think!

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
Just reading through a health magazine and almost every single vegetable needs fat to ensure efficient absorbtion of their nutrients. Just goes to show how important that 1 tbsp of olive oil HEX really is!!

I use at least one syn a day on oil of some sort whether it be mayo/butter etc, or I have oily fish. I have such a problem with absorption of vitamins I'm taking no chances!

I try to take a few capsules of a vegan algae oil supplement every day which contains the same kind of oils that you'd get from fish, except it comes straight from the algae plants which fish eat instead of the fish itself. I think I need to do this since otherwise being a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish I'd be missing out on some of those nutrients. The capsules definitely seem to make me feel better than if I go a couple of days without them - I usually feel more awake and alert. I don't know if they count as syns, and I haven't been including them, but I think it reinforces that some oils are definitely good :)

I use my HEB for oil just about everyday but it was more to do with ease of cooking and taste. I had no idea that it was so important for other nutrients to take effect! I feel really good knowing that I've been getting the most out of my super free now and will definitely stick to it!

Honeyoc said:
I use my HEB for oil just about everyday but it was more to do with ease of cooking and taste. I had no idea that it was so important for other nutrients to take effect! I feel really good knowing that I've been getting the most out of my super free now and will definitely stick to it!

Well done, where as I am the opposite, I don't touch oil, other then the odd spray of frylight x

KraziKayzi said:
Well done, where as I am the opposite, I don't touch oil, other then the odd spray of frylight x

Do you not have any milk or cheese? These have fat in which does the same job as the olive oil.

KraziKayzi said:
Phew!!!!

I was worried then!

Yeah I have 350ml skimmed milk everyday and cheese :) x

See - all good :)

No harm is using your heb for olive oil ocassionally though. Its good for you in general.

Yeah fat is very important - especially for calcium - people who don't eat cheese/milk take note!

I had my parathyroid/thyroid taken out so am on calcium tablets and other stuff for life and whenever Im on a "d*et" (*cough*) I inevitably end up hypocalcaemic, in fact I can feel it right now, pins and needles in my feet :sigh: (I cant bladdy win, as at the other end of the spectrum I get kidney stones when Im NOT on a damn diet :sigh: )

So eat your fats people! :cool:

Now that gives me the perfect excuse to munch on my light babybels in the evening if I've not used my HEA previously in the day.

So, next time I do and OH looks at me is if I've grown two heads (he doesn't like cheese unless it's on a pizza!) I can tell him I'm doing it for health benefits!

Mm I should use cheese as a snack more, usually I have it in a wrap for lunch but we're outta wraps so Ive been just having salad and stuff this week. Why dont I connect brain and snack on Marmite Bites on nom nommmmm? :drool: I dont follow me own advice, Ive deffo been low on my HEXAs this week. Spank spank. :whoopass:

Mm I should use cheese as a snack more, usually I have it in a wrap for lunch but we're outta wraps so Ive been just having salad and stuff this week. Why dont I connect brain and snack on Marmite Bites on nom nommmmm? :drool: I dont follow me own advice, Ive deffo been low on my HEXAs this week. Spank spank. :whoopass:

Oooh, can you have marmite bites as a HEXA?

Oooh, can you have marmite bites as a HEXA?

I count it as portions of 28g of cheddar - thats all it is except with Marmite in! :D (Source)

The syns online says they're 20g and 4 syns each. 1.5 Marmite bites = 6 syns, so I count 2 bites as 1 HEX and 2 syns. I eat them EVERY DAY when Ive got wraps in! :eek:

I count it as portions of 28g of cheddar - thats all it is except with Marmite in! :D (Source)

The syns online says they're 20g and 4 syns each. 1.5 Marmite bites = 6 syns, so I count 2 bites as 1 HEX and 2 syns. I eat them EVERY DAY when Ive got wraps in! :eek:

Oooh, thanks hon, might have to get some of those in! That'll annoy OH even more - cheese AND marmite!

Back