OK am I actually bone idle ???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by icemoose, 6 November 2006 Social URL.

1. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. htpink

htpink CDC

How about a christmas dinner poster too?

4. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Oh my god....christmas isnt christmas without a proper tree & twinking lights!!!

5. Jemax

Jemax Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Very funny for a Monday morning. :D

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    OMG! I love it!!! I love it!! I want one!

I hate Christmas trees. Like them in other peoples houses...just not my own. I hate the whole palaver (even though I know I have to do it).

Don't think I can get away with a poster but a girl can dream eh :D

7. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

i cant wait till dec 1st to put my deckies up

8. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    December 1st??? :eek: :eek:

9. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Me too 1st December just love Christmas

10. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    I don't want Christmas too early and I don't even want to think about starting shopping for it yet, but I love putting up my tree, I think it's the best part of Christmas, getting out all the old decorations, including the hideous home-made ones. Luv it!

11. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

i love finding the ornaments your kids made when they were little,

12. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    em, well my kid is still little so I get treated to new ones each year! Hve to admit though...I have an artificial tree cos we go home to Dublin for Christmas, so theres no point having a real one here....Will prob put mine up around dec 1st as well!!

13. ziggy

ziggy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    oh no, cant bare christmas.. too expensive and have to destroy my house for a month with icky twinkling lights! My cats go crazy! the poster seems like the perfect thing for me!!

14. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    I admit to putting my deccies up on Dec 1st too!:eek: :eek: Love all that, even having to untangle the lights and tinsel-haha!

15. Nuts

Nuts Of course I can!

Diet:
    Cambridge (well trying)
    Bogroll Santas

Oh yeah the kids Play Group Snowflakes or Silverfoil stars! Bless em - i've still got ones they made.

My mum still has the bog roll santa I made at playschool, with cotton wool moustache still in tact and felt coat hahah, and STILL puts it up on the tree and im 32 now! hahahhah

I'll never throw mine away - even when I change the colour of my decs, ive done the gold and red, gold and last year was eclectic with frosty things, mirror balls you name it was bunged on there.

(I actually "let go" last year and let the kids decorate the tree, it bugged me as they have no idea of "spacing" hahahah so I waited until they went to bed to "put it right" hahahah, meanie aren't i).

I think this year I will be more "minimalist" hahahah.

Must put something up outside the house though just to P the neighbour off over the road - hes such a grump! hahahah Hmmmm maybe an 8ft Santa?

Nutsx

16. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    Hey Nuts, you made me laugh when you said about re-arranging all the decs on the tree after the kids have gone to bed! Been there done that! hehe!:D :D

17. Cheb

Cheb Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (SSing)
    Yeah, my kids can't do it properly either. I don't let them touch MY tree, but I do let them have one in their bedrooms which they can decorate.....with help:D

Decs outside????? Oh yes, we do that in style!!!! Well actually without any style at all!!!!!!!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. FatFairNForty(ish)

FatFairNForty(ish) Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    the "Christmas fairy" (one year she was over 25 stone and still climbing ladders to pin stuff up!!) usually puts all our decs up somewhere around the 20th... she has been known to leave them until Dec 23rd before now! :eek: She's dead keen on taking 'em down on Jan 2nd and all... lol ;)

I LOVE Christmas.. love the contagiousness of it all.. love the candlelit communion service at midnight on Christmas Eve... the carols (although I did hear someone humming one today!!)... love the joy of it all... feel for those who find it a sad or emotional time (been there done that got the red and white felt hat with flashing baubles on it!).:rolleyes:

We never have a real tree as I was once told the needles are poisonous to animals... not only that the dog would wee up it and the cat would scratch it..:rolleyes:

Last Christmas was ok.. this Christmas is going to be much better and I just let the girls go mad.. I have all the decs they did when they were little.. they look crappy but so lovely too... it's just a fight to stop the cat climbing up and getting caught in the lights again, and no choccie decs as the dog demolishes everything if he gets a whiff of food!!:mad:

Not so keen on the poster but would be great if you lived on a boat or in a tent I s'pose.;)

Last year me and my mate made handmade Christmas cards one wet and miserable November afternoon - they looked pants but were good fun! Lots of glue, glitter, felt, cotton wool... all sorts of tat! hee hee

20. lavender

lavender Silver Member

NO, NO , NO, not the same at all, what about having to hoover up twice a day?? What about still finding the needles 4 months later??

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.