OK i admit it , i've blown it this weekend

goldengirl

I completely and utterly blew it yesterday.........i've been sat here this morning, debating whether i should admit it or not.........:cry:
i'm really disapointed in myself, but have got straight back on it this morning.....
Not entirely sure how it happened, i hadn't planned to cheat and i didnt feel hungry, i just kinda found myself with a glass of wine in my hand(like autopilot) and when i'd had one i thought what the hell..........and i had some cheese crackers as well

i've got enought shakes to enable me t
o drag out my first weigh in. So i'm tempted to reschedule my weigh in and start from day 1 again today and wait till Wk on Monday to have my first official weight in.....what do you think (i'm due to get weighed on Thursday)

Dont change your day - you might actually see the damage that youve done and may actually get you in the mind set that it was wrong! But then as its your first week you may still see weight loss and think its ok to cheat. Either way its up to you.

Ok, you have knocked yourself out of ketosis and may i add its also very dangerous to drink alcohol whilst in ketosis so you are lucky not to have had a reaction to it.

Nevermind, nothing you can do about it now - its done.
Just move on and carry on today.

And no more wine and cheese crackers :whoopass: !!

Right, its over get on with it!

You'll never get to where you want to be if you keep going backwards woman.

One day at a time....you've had a blip - now lets get back on it again !

lol yes i would if i were you dont worry about it like ppl said to me when i done it and that was my first week your only human and this diet is tuff but i have been good since i did that cause i felt like c r ap afterwards and so i wont put myself through it again and nor should you, you pay far too much money for the diet so if you gonna pay that much do it right or not at all but its not the end of the world what is done is done and now move on but be GOOD also it is very dangerous to drink alcohol whilst doin this diet so that is a NO NO lol your first week is the hardest and like someone did to me lol consider this as a as s whipping lol:whoopass:

Isn't drinking alcohol while in ketosis like... really dangerous? That alone should make you not want to cheat :p

All the above is good advice.
Climb back on with me! Due to what I will call "family dynamics" with a sister-in-law who you would call clinically mad if you were feeling charitable, but is just plain nasty and horrible, I fell off for 24hrs IN A BIG WAY on Friday :(
Anyway, Saturday morning, straight back to business. I actually feel that doing what I did was useful (even though it set me back) I managed to contain it to one day only and really thought about the trigger and think I've learned a lot about myself as well.
Getting going again is the important thing.
We can do this!

I don't think this can be emphasised too often so once again - here's the bit about alcohol ....

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol

^ I thought I'd read that somewhere, thanks for posting Jan

I have fallen off the wagon big time this weekend too and am so disappointed with myself. I had lost 9lbs on Friday (day 5) and was so happy. I had a lot of running around to do and one thing led to another plus I was afraid to drink too much water when driving. Anyway the downside was hubby fancied a curry and I agreed.

I could kick myself now as I only have 6 weeks to daughters wedding and have got to get into my outfit which is 2 sizes less than I am now, although in some ways I am thinking at least Ive got it out my system and will get back into it today and wont stop now till I re-feed in 5 weeks. I have gained 2lbs for my mistake, (plus what I might have lost too) but hopefully learned from it.

Thanks for all the good advice on here. I am still trying to work my way through all the posts.

hey ive been tryna go 2 the pics when ide normaly have a drink or go out ive found it helpfull 2 keep me away from wantin 2 eat and go out for a drink
i did go out last week and not drink but neerly passed out it was that hot lol it was reely crap

Thanks all for the big kick up the backside.....i really needed it

I'm back on the wagon, i think the glorious sunshine has helped as i don't want to eat when its sunny.

I take on board 300% the drinking comments.......the only thing i can say in my defence is that i'm not in ketosis yet as i've been checking with the strips every day. That being said i'm not finding excuses for what i did.

i just need to take it one day at a time.......i've been to my sisters today and dropped off all our alcohol,,,,,,,it was a big job as we have a wine cellar, so it is now empty, my hubby will have to go to her house and get a bottle if he wants some......sounds drastic, but better to have it out of the house.

i've also been out and located a chemist nearer my house (the one i go to now is 30minutes away) the new one is 5 minutes away

thanks everyone

Hi Hun, dont worry about it or it will get you down, just start again and try to be strong, once you have dont the first week or so it does get easier, mind you I was ok upto week 7 and lost it the other day and ate half a chicken nuggut was so dissapointed in myself :( But im back on it full swing now and even managed to take the kids out for the day with my shake lol

ok but the ketostix arnt 100% reliable. Its roughly 3-4 days then you are in ketosis - shouldnt always go by them sticks.

Back