ok i know its naughty but who weighs themselves daily

mrtc

Look in know its naughty but who weighs themselves daily, i do, i now i shouldnt but i like to know exacly what i weigh all the time:cry:

I didn't use to but last few weeks have been bad, stopping it now tho as it does nothing for my motivation.

I love to weigh every day, mrtc! :D I have for years, and it really doesn't bother me if the scale doesn't move in the direction I prefer all the time. I started getting on the scale every day about a decade ago as a way of desensitizing myself to it (sort of like CBT!). I used to be afraid of those numbers, but weighing with a healthy mindset has been totally freeing! :)

By facing the numbers on the scale, you can learn better how your body works. For me, I weigh the least first thing in the morning, after a trip to the loo, before eating and without clothes. If I were to step on the scale again right after weighing, after I put my clothes on, I'll weigh a good 2lbs more... but it's obviously not me; it's my clothing. :p Shoes will add even more lbs. Then, drink a glass of water and have a light breakfast... add another pound. Of course it's not fat or actual gained weight; it's just food and water weight.

BTW, I don't weigh all day; only once. But back when I was desensitizing myself to the numbers years ago, I performed my own little tests (weigh before drinking a glass of water...weigh after. weigh before using the loo... weigh after...), all the while, self counseling. "This is just weight from a glass of water. It's not fat"

What I have a hard time understanding is, how people will go to weigh-ins in the middle or at the end of the day, wearing different clothes and eating different food than their last weigh in, and then they feel awful because their loss was a pound less than they hoped. If they'd eaten a head of lettuce right before weigh-in, it would look like they'd gained a pound and a half, when it reality, they couldn't have gained even an ounce of fat. People feel horrible for no reason, but some don't seem to understand that. :(

Anyway, all of that to say, I do weigh most days and I like it, but thinking 'truthful thoughts' has to go along with weighing every day. If a person is going to feel terrible because last time they weighed, they hadn't had anything to eat yet, and the next time, they'd just downed a huge glass of water and had a full bladder... then it's probably not a good idea for them. ;)

Sorry for the novel. LOL! I was just thinking about this very topic today. :)

:heartpump:

Mandy

i weigh in daily too, and for me it;s the most useful and sane way of doing it.

My official weigh in day is a tuesday. now this tuesday my weight was 'blipping' upwards - i was 3lbs heavier than i had been at the weekend (water retention). If i didn't weigh every day, and just went on tuesday-to-tuesday weigh ins, i'd have thought i'd gained a pound this week, and i'd have been gutted. but because i weigh daily, i'm much more calm about it. i know i had lost weight this week, i know it must be water, and i know it'll come off - because daily weighing gives me the whole picture.

re

I weigh in fortnightly now...when losing weight though i sometimes weighed daily..

I can remember a few months ago, id lost about a stone, and had a treat (a meal out:- a carvery).

I weighed myself the next day and was stunned to find id put on 6lbs :)

It was just water i guess because it had gone within a few days, but was a shock nonetheless!

I also weigh every day and then do an 'official' type weigh-in at the machine in Boots so I can stick the printout on my calendar. People generally seem to be against it but I like to know how I'm doing, how a couple of days off-plan affects me, that I'm on track when I'm on plan and that the numbers are going down etc.

I havent tried the boots one, might give it a go, i have used the tesco ones, am i guessing they are the same price?

It's 50p in the UK for weight/height, the bodyfat bit might be extra. It's double the price here in Ireland :(

It's 50p in the UK for weight/height, the bodyfat bit might be extra. It's double the price here in Ireland :(

How does it do the bodyfat test?

I have my gym do a bodyfat test with calipers etc, and its always a dramatically different result to our weightwatchers scales (which measure electrical impedance)

I don't actually know, I never select that option when I use it. I guess the same way household weighing scales do? There's no cuff or calipers but I know you can buy bathroom scales that supposedly assess bodyfat too so it must be possible.

i weigh daily too. My gym scales do body fat percentage simply by standing on the scales barefoot. I dont know how accurate they are but the body fat has been coming down very slowly. It is still scarily high though.

I used to weigh myself everyday, didn't do me any favours. Threw me off track alot if I saw that I had put on weight or stayed the same. It really can be dis-heartening. X

I weigh every day. It gives me an idea of what I'm doing/eating that's affecting my weight and if I find that I've put on a little from one day to the next I'll eat better/exercise harder just to make sure it's not actual fat.

Most scales that measure body fat do it through sending an electrical signal through your body. 30lbs/six months ago I went to my personal trainer. Body fat was 42%. Went back 9 weeks later after losing loads of weight and they had new scale, same make just a better model My body fat was 48%! I don't think they are hugely accurate. It's the caliper tests that are supposed to be the best. Annoyingly because of the scales I have no idea how much I've reduced my body fat by since I started exercising properly!

i weigh myself daily too... moreover, i also measure my waist and hips... i know that it can be demotivating, but it's really hard for me to get rid of this habit(((

I use my wii fit then my digital scales, its a habit that royally annoys my other half but its what i like to do

Back