Ok so this is me...

thinking~thin

ok so this is me, i have serious issues with my weight which i have had most of my life, i can remember my diet being changed to lose weight when i must have been less than 10! i have a mother who has dieted as long as i can remember so it has always been a part of my life... although she is only about a stone from what she would class as her goal weight i am just under 4 stone overweight.

i have tried so many diets.... this is my life... it was weight watchers and calorie counting when i was a kid..the chocolate diet..the cabbage soup diet weight watchers again...slimming world...weight watchers...slimming world...lighter life...3 stone off ....1 baby born.....3 stone on...slimming world...weight watchers...lighter life...diet chef....slimming world.....2nd baby born......slimming world...weight watchers...lighter life....weight watchers.....and STOP...i want to get off...

so as you can see i need to get a handle on this...my whole life has been one big dieting roundabout and i really don't want to pass it on to my kids.

so why am i doing it and why slimming world?

it is time to grow up...i'll be forty soon and i aint a kid any more i've got my kids to think of, i want to be fit and healthy and to feel good about myself, i want my kids to feel good about themselves as they are... not like i did when i was a kid always feeling like i had to strive to be better. I want to be able to walk into a shop see clothes that i like and feel confident to wear them...not like now where i buy dark baggy clothes and cover up. Most importantly i am doing this change in my lifestyle (not a diet) for me...because i am worth caring about, because i am worth making the effort for!

and slimming world because it moves away from all those diets that have you counting and restricting things and means you put your faith in yourself and the power of eating healthy food!

lol i sound like a real nutter.... :rotflmao:

You sound the same as me, I'm returning to Slimming World because although the plan is the same my attitude towards it has changed. I want to be the person I feel I am underneath all this fat!

It definitely has to be a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your journey for want of a phrase that hasn't been so overused!

thanks Laura am really chuffed i've done 2 weeks now, hope everything is going well for you x

thanks Hurley Murley, hope things are going well for you just remember we can all do it !:)

sorry diary i have neglected you for quite a while, i'm now 2 weeks in and have lost 5.5lbs...i feel in a really good place just now and am enjoying the variety that the diet offers to me...i'm living life and managing to fit it in to my life and feel like i've made some really positive changes.

i've started getting a large fruit and veg box every week which keeps me going all week with a little left over to spare, but this means i don't have to keep trawling round tesco which would mean all sorts of temptation. I've completed my gym induction and am actually enjoying going, this week i even managed to jog on the running machine, something i always avoid as i'm frightened of looking like an idiot or falling off, however this time the machine went haywire and kept increasing the speed by itself lol so i had no choice it was a case of run or fall off the end :D i've also made a point of taking both my kids swimming at least once a week too.

i was so chuffed to lose 2lbs this week as it meant getting down into the elevens which has given me a psychological boost and feel really excited and positive and as if this time i could really do it, we're going to the olympics in just over a fortnight so am hoping that i might get up to 10lbs off by then, so 4.5lbs to go for that, then i'll be aiming for my club 10 and after that the tens will follow

today i feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel....it may just be a flicker in the distance...a long way off, but it is there all the same!

the eldest had us all awake nice and early today:rolleyes: i could've done with a lie in whilst my back wasn't hurting!! but she is all excited as she is off to the cinema with her friend today for her friends 6th birthday, she keeps asking me every ten minutes if it's time to go..they're not picking her up til 3:45:D
well i did my gym session today while the OH took the eldest to her swimming lesson with the littlie tagging on too...felt pleased with myself, i did everything that i wanted to do and then came home and made an apple scan bran cake which i have had half of...it was yummy with my cup of tea...might give it a try it as muffins in the future.

think it'll be stirfry for tea...

feeling tired today, i think all that positivity on Saturday must've sapped my energy and worse still when i checked the fridge today i have run out of curly wurlys...just how did that happen?

we had a busy day yesterday just tidying up the house and changing all the bedding (whilst the sun was shining) and took the kids to the park to enjoy what might be the only day of sun this summer...it felt really strange for it not to be raining.

this morning i have made the syn free egg custard recipe but with the addition of 1tbsp of cocoa powder for 1 syn for the whole lot, i cooked it in muffin cases so have got 6...the only thing i can say about it is that it is edible and chocolatey...i would prob make it again next time i run out of curly wurleys, but it is better than tucking into the biccie tin which i would quite likely do having run out of my fave choccy snack and feeling tired like i do......dangerous times...

keep strong Claire and remember that 40th birthday only 11 weeks to go!

Back