ok, the truth now!

littleblue

How much food will take you out of ketosis? What about the occasional mouthful??

I know one thing leads to another, so it is best not to start along that road but I if I am cooking for someone else can I get away with tasting it?

depends what youre eating and how sensitive you are I would say. But yu're right one thing does lead to another so its best not to think oh I'll just have a little taste, but if you do it accidentally without thinking then dont panic over it.

Everyone is different, but i bet a lot of people will tell you - DONT DO IT!!!! :)

That little bit nearly always leads us to think "oh i got away with it last time, ill eat a bit more and on it goes"

Then again, everyone has the right to do what they want!

I seem to be "lucky" (not sure thats the right word - maybe I would have been at goal by now if I was unlucky) lol but I can quite a variety and stay in ketosis, and it only takes me about 2 days to get back in. On the other hand, my old CDC only has to sniff the food and she can be knocked out of ketosis!

Anyway good luck, i know how hard it is to cook for others! Argh!

I don't have the answer to your question LittleBlue I just know that I can't taste anything or I will keep on 'tasting' and then I'll think I got away with it and maybe have a little something - I can't do cutting down or otherwise I don't think I'd be doing this diet. Also when I've cooked anything the most it could need to be added is a little salt or pepper and I just reckon that the people who are eating it can put that on themselves when the food is on the plate.

Cath

LittleBlue, you KNOW the answer to that don't you!

DON'T DO IT!

If you are cooking, get someone else to taste it. Or do what I did and leave them to it! "Mum, it's too spicy!" Ooops. "Interesting flavour?" Hmmm.

One slip, particularly if your crooked thoughts tell you it's ok, do eventually lead to other slips - these are not conscious cheating, but are deadly all the same.

And when you 'cheat' you are only cheating yourself, and it just ain't worth it for a spoonful of something. Not when it may jeopardise your future success.

My class today had lots of cookies, I had to throw them i n the bin, which is mega progress for me and i even left a note in my hotel room to say "leave no sweets please!

I dont cope well with wastage but i did ok

Little Blue. You know its easy to kid ourselves that tasting isn't eating but you know what - it is. You don't cheat anyone but yourself by eating. The question is how much do you want this? One teaspoon leads to another which leads little visits to the fridge and before you know it you will have done more harm than if you sat down and ate a full meal. Aj's right DONT DO IT if you really want to lose weight cus ultimately it really isn't worth it.

Back