Step2 810kcal Ok.... Why can't you do SS of BMI 21? And you want to loose just 4lb

TabathaT

Just wondered why you can't do SS if BMI is 21 and you want to lose 4lb? Surely you won't need to do it for long but need to know why please ?

To be honest to lose 4lbs I imagine there is a better way. The first week of Cambridge a lot of the loss is water weight, but that means when you start eating again you put this 'water weight' back on very quickly. With only looking for a four pound loss it would be more difficult to work out where the line is between fat and water. The other thing we have to be careful of when nearing goal is that we are burning fat and not muscle, and I believe this is one of the biggest reasons why we have to go up the steps the nearer to goal we get.

The other thing for Cambridge is to be aware that there are people out there with eating disorders who could abuse CD, the lower steps are intended for people with over a certain amount to lose, but this isn't a diet for everyone.

I am sure you could get that 4lbs off with a conventional diet in about a week. That said I don't think it would do any damage to do CD for a few days to get rid of 4lbs. Have you thought about the 5:2 diet, where you have 2 days fasting and 5 days eating healthily?

Thanks for your reply and explaining. Never heard of that 5:2 diet but fasting doesn't sound like something I would want to do lol x

If you only want to lose 4lbs a vlcd is absolutely not for you..

I wouldn't even do anything as harsh ad 52

You could shift that in a few weeks on ww or sw or calorie counting

I want to lose another 4lb to get to my target. I've already lost a stone. Just trying to get back to what I was a year ago and I notice that extra 4 lb...

I understand where you are coming from I have 11lb to lose but I'll be happy with 8lb, the thing is people don't realise that this is why you get fat because 4lb weight gain turns to 5lb and so on .... you need to be comfortable with your own skin and even though I'm still in the same size jeans that 11lb really does show in all different places. My bmi is low so have to do it on my own because groups wont help me. Everyone is different bmi means nothing it's how you feel that's important people aren't on this forum to judge others just support them :)

Thanks posh spice. To be honest I didn't join here to be slated, just advised and helped. Was going to delete my account but thanks to you I can see there are nice supportive understanding people on here and not just jealous sarcastic ones x

It's not for others to judge anyway it's up to you. Who decides how much or how little someone can/wants to lose! Make your choices & don't let anyone sway you :) x

No don't deactivate keep at it :) there are alot of supportive people on here that just want to help just poor luck that you were judged this time x

TabathaT,

I don't think anyone is jelous, or intentionally spiteful, yes these forums are for support , but also to give structured advice!! Well done for already losing 11lbs, and i can understand its fustrating when you can't shift those last few lbs !!
However, i'm afraid the the previous advice from starlight is right vlcd are not really intended just to shift a few lbs , the problem is you may liss the 4 lbs quickly , but you will probably put it on just as quick and it will then beckme a viscious cirlce!! You have already done well with your previous diet , i would continue with that, the weight will come off if you stick with it ! Good luckxx

We don't want an arguement on such a friendly forum :) maybe cavegirl you did come across unsupportive and that wasn't how you meant it and I don't think it's about jealousy :) we don't want to put newbie's off I'm new too and we all need all the support/diet secrets we can get so let's forget about this post and all continue as normal :)

As with the others, I'd say that a VLCD would not be the best option if you were only looking to lose 4lb, especially as if you just do 1-2 weeks to lose the weight you would need to complete the easing off period or it will all be put back on again.

I imagine couple of weeks of healthy eating and exercise would be a faster, more stable solution :)

Back