Okapi's SW Diary - 8 stone to lose!

Okapi

Hello. I'm a 31 year old mum of 4 kids all under 11.

When I had my eldest I was about 10/11 stone. With all my babies I've had bad HG. HG is hyperemesis gravidarum and meant I was sick/throwing up most of the way through each of my pregnancies. At it worst, with my 2nd child, I didn't keep any food down for 12 weeks, and I couldn't keep any water down for over 6 weeks.

Of course, I lost a vast amount of weight in that time. But after I delievered, the sickness went away and I just ate whatever I wanted, until I got pregnant again, and the cycle started over.

When my last baby was born I carried on eating, worse than before and we ate lots of take aways, snack foods that I could just grab and go with. Life is busy with 4 children and having a partner who is self employed and worked 2-8 in the evening each day.

Eventually, I realised I had to do something when my size 22 jeans wouldn't fasten, I went shopping and whilst the size 24 pants would fit around the waist, they were HUGE in the legs. I had to buy skinny style and they just looked daft and still baggy in the bum. I tried to cut out take aways, but my partner still ate them and it just didn't work.

My sister started SW about 2 months ago, and I drove down to visit her for the day. I went along to the meeting with her and couldn't believe the food that I could eat and apparently still be able to loose weight.

Two days later I found a SW group just down the road from my house.

I'm going to use the next post as a kind of 'tally' to keep track of my week to week weigh ins. I don't know if I have a 'before' pic, but I'll post regular pictures if I do.

Joined Slimming World 29th February 2015.
Height 5ft4in

29/2 - 18stone 4lb. BMI 43.9
5/3 - 17st 10.5lb. BMI -7 1/2lbs 1/2 stone award!
12/3 - 17st 7lb.5. BMI -3lbs
19/3 - 17st 5lbs BMI -2.5lb
26/3 - 17st 5.5lbs BMI +0.5lb SLIMMER OF THE MONTH - MARCH
2/4 - 17st 3.5 BMI 41.4 -2lbs 1 stone award!!
9/4 - 17st 1.5 BMI 41 -2lbs
16/4 -17st 1lb -0.5lb
23/4 -16st 11lb BM1 40.3 - 4lb SLIMMER OF THE WEEK

Last edited:
Back