Olympics

I'm watching too! My cousin is competing so I'm waiting to see her in team GB walk.

X Kelly X said:
I'm watching too! My cousin is competing so I'm waiting to see her in team GB walk.

Wow that's amazing. What competition?

*Emsie* said:
I am also enjoying it more than I thought I would. Love the music generations and love a bit of Dizzee!

Yeah the music bit was really good. I too love a bit of dizzee I have a wee bit of a crush on him!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

jo-85 said:
Wow that's amazing. What competition?

Yeah the music bit was really good. I too love a bit of dizzee I have a wee bit of a crush on him!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Women's trap (clay pigeon shooting) - her name is Charlotte kerwood :)

I'm not a sporting person, but I do like to watch the opening ceremony of the olympics whoever the host is. But I didn't like our first bit, the industrial revolution it just didn't make any sense, I'm glad we had the comentary otherwise I wouldn't of had a clue. Otherwise my best bits were the James Bond bit bringing in the Queen & Becks driving the speed boat to bring the flame up the Thames.

I would like to go to an olympic opening ceremony, I've just told OH I'd like to go, just planting the seed:D, bit by bit, & eventually he'll think it was his idea & suggest we go to one, well we can all live in hope:D

Happy Holidays said:
I'm not a sporting person, but I do like to watch the opening ceremony of the olympics whoever the host is. But I didn't like our first bit, the industrial revolution it just didn't make any sense, I'm glad we had the comentary otherwise I wouldn't of had a clue. Otherwise my best bits were the James Bond bit bringing in the Queen & Becks driving the speed boat to bring the flame up the Thames.

I would like to go to an olympic opening ceremony, I've just told OH I'd like to go, just planting the seed:D, bit by bit, & eventually he'll think it was his idea & suggest we go to one, well we can all live in hope:D

Yeah agree didn't think much to that bit or any before ! Tbh didn't really enjoy it at all apart from me bean. Obv and the queen!

:) and I liked the flags as well , I'm half Mauritian do I'm supporting them and team gb :)

We watched half but the little ones couldn't stay awake for all the teams!! So we went up to bed during the M's and recorded the rest :) loved the Mary poppins coming down to fight off the giant voldemort lol

I had had a long and busy day and was going to go to bed early, sat down for two minutes just to watch the beginning, and was hooked right to the end. How was it possible to organise all those people, most of them amateurs, lots of them children, to perform so well. The rehearsals must have been endless.

And technically it was brilliant. The lighting, all the special effects, the fireworks - and of course the cauldron. Just as they were about to light the first of the copper petals the commentator said that it had been designed by Thomas Heatherwick, who is one of my heros, and I just knew it was going to do something spectacular, and I wasn't wrong!

Loved the start of it, but gave up when they got to County 'C' but caught up on I player!

David Beckam looked gorgeous and sexy x

I absolutely loved the opening ceremony, I thought to start with Jerusalem was amazing and I loved the industrial revolution and the NHS part. In fact, the only bit I didn't like was Abide with me. Now, I understand the sentiment but I don't think it was a fitting end to the opening part....
The teams coming out really needs speeding up a bit but the whole lighting of the flame was phenomenal, passing the torch onto the next generation was a wonderful thing to do.

I think the whole opening ceremony team did an amazing job.

As for the sports - I'm watching things I would never watch, I just flick it on and see what catches my eye!!!

Back