Omlette ideas?

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
Anyone got any ideas for omlettes? At the ripe old age of 27 I've just made my first one all on my own lol. I had mushrooms, onions and quorn sausages in it and it was a little over cooked but very filling and I'm looking forward to all the yummy things I can do with this new skill lol

I'd be very interested in some ideas - I am only just learning to cook, and I haven't a clue yet how to even make an omlette :(

I like to do a plain omlette, then put laughing cow light triangles on with some strips of ham and fold it over and warm it till the cheese melts and serve it with salad.

I like to do onion, mushroom, lean bacon, sliced tomato, fresh chives with melted cheese on top. I usual fry all ingredients, except tomato, cheese and eggs first in fylight and then add tomatoes when the over veg is cooked add in beaten seasoned aggs with chives. Leave for a couple of mins until you can slide omlette out of pan and place on dinner plate, put cheese on top and microwave for 1 min - that way you get melted cheese and not overcooked omlette.

Whenever I make roast vegetables, I always make extra and then put them in the fridge. The next day I pu them in a pan with some roughly torn smoked ham, pour the egg in and then finish it off under the grill with some worcester sauce & parmesan!

I keep left over potatoes and slice them thinly, fry them with onions and then add the eggs with lots of seasoning and freshly chopped parsley and finish with a bit of cheese.
Spanish Omelette. Yum. Yum. ;-)

Would slices of roasted butternut squash/sweet potato do well? (I just bought loads and could slice/roast them fiorst).

Back