On and Off the diet?

sammyzip50

Silver Member
Hi All?

I just wanted to check that some of you have made reference to stopping the diet for many different reasons. However wouldn't the experience of going back on SS the same as when you first did it? I mean the 2-3 days of feeling rough, headaches etc as you have to re-enter ketosis?

It all depends Sammy. I have had a couple of re- starts sometimes,
I dont have any side effects and the other times the side effects are really bad.

I had a couple of weeks off owing to hen weeks and weddings, when I got back on I had the hardest first week again, but I think everyone's different.

think it depends how far 'off' you go.

I went out for dinner last night but only ate meat, so wouldn't have been out of ketosis, still enjoyed the 'experience' of a meal out, but was very careful with what I had.

Everyone is different. This restart was so easy no side effects whatsoever on the bad side of this restarting I've not told anyone I'm doing it and so far each week I've had a meal out but have found it so easy to restart the next day. Yesterday was the end of our camping holiday and I only struggled with the cold but in barmouth I ate an Eccles cake and a donut which I enjoyed, today straight back on it with no problems.
I no eating will slow down my losses each week but I'm happy, the next 6 weeks have no meals planned so 100% ssing for me.

think it depends how far 'off' you go.

I went out for dinner last night but only ate meat, so wouldn't have been out of ketosis, still enjoyed the 'experience' of a meal out, but was very careful with what I had.

This pretty much^^

It does entirely depend how far off you go, do you go all out and starting eating white bread / potatoes / rice / pasta? or do you stick to low carb?

If you go all out with carbs and come off plan then expect your body to replenish muscle glycogen stores and you'll see a gain on the scales (just water weight!)

You can go "off" plan on SS if you follow something like atkins and not throw yourself out of ketosis

Back