On Atkins, thinking of switching to Slimming World

LifesDesire

Silver Member
I've been looking into Slimming World and it looks great! My mum's on it at the moment and doing amazingly, the only worry i have about attending the groups is that my BMI is 25.7 and my goal weight puts me at a BMI of 20 and i wondered if maybe i'd have to stop attending once my weight's in a healthy range?

No, you won't have to stop attending, you just stop paying, and become a lifetime member, as long as you stay in target, give or take 3lb each way. It's a good way to keep an eye on your weight.

You never have to stop attending hun. Once you get to your target weight you an attend free of charge as long as you stay within 3lbs of your target weight.
However, the lowest acceptable target weight for your height is 9st 1lb (127lb) so you may have to adjust your target weight a little.

Hi lifesdesire, give it a go, you wont be disappointed with your weight loss. It really is a healthy eating plan for life, which is slightly structured, but no or very little weighing and measuring, and I think healthier than Atkins to be honest. Just my opinion though, others may differ.

Hi Lifesdesire,
I did a lower carb diet successfully a few years back. In the long run though it wasn't a way of eating I could sustain, and most of the 40kg I lost has crept back on. I looked at lower carbing again vs slimming world, and chose slimming world as I intuitively believe its better for me - with lower fat, and lots and lots of fruit and veg.

I would warn though if you are a carb monster that Green days aren't just about carbs! you are supposed to eat until satiated and not until you bust!

Good luck whatever your choice

Hi Lifesdesire,
I did a lower carb diet successfully a few years back. In the long run though it wasn't a way of eating I could sustain, and most of the 40kg I lost has crept back on. I looked at lower carbing again vs slimming world, and chose slimming world as I intuitively believe its better for me - with lower fat, and lots and lots of fruit and veg.

I would warn though if you are a carb monster that Green days aren't just about carbs! you are supposed to eat until satiated and not until you bust!

Good luck whatever your choice

Luckily i'm not really a carb monster which is why i thought Atkins would be easiest for me to follow, but i'm quite a socialite and i find it so difficult in social situations whereas SW seems like it would be much easier to sustain with my lifestyle, also, i miss fruit!!!! Fruit has been the only thing i've had to give up on Atkins Induction that i really miss, so i can't wait to start SW now :)

Strange not being able to have fruit. Its such an essential part of a good healthy diet with vitamins etc. You will love S W, there are so many different things you can have, complete with up to 15 syns a day, you will never go hungry! Promise.

You never have to stop attending hun. Once you get to your target weight you an attend free of charge as long as you stay within 3lbs of your target weight.
However, the lowest acceptable target weight for your height is 9st 1lb (127lb) so you may have to adjust your target weight a little.

if you reach the bottom end of your target are you still allowed the 3lbs either way grace?

Back