on benifits...will becoming a cdc affect this??

missmf

getting slimmer
hi!!
i am thinking about applying to become a cdc.
i am currently on benifits and wondered if you have to "declare" what you earn?
and if it will affect by benifits?
if yes, does anybody know if it'll be worth it, as dont want to it, and be worse off!!!

thanks. xx

You should always declare what you earn. The best thing to do if fine out what you are allowed to do on the benefit you are on. Some allow you to work upto 16 hours a week without you loosing any benefit.

benefits

If you are receiving Income Support you can work for up to 16 hours but your income will be taken into account when you receive it. They only allow up to a certain amount (which used to be £15) before everything else was taken into account. If you work a regular pattern they can assess your benefits and sometimes you may not get any money from them and have to cease claiming. You would be classsed as Self Employed also and liable for your own National Insurance if you were to be denied benefits. Look on the DWP web site and it should give you some useful information.

i know i should declare everything, i diddnt mean it like that!!
i'm not some benifit fraudster!!
i just ment if one week i earn x frm cd and the next i earn alot less, it will in fact mess up my money, and we will be worse off??
i wondered if it was like doing childminding from home, where the dwp write off the 1st £100 and everything stays the same??
obviously not, cheers x

Once you are registered self employed, which I think you have to be to be a cdc then the rules change subtly.

It's worth giving the nice people at her maj's a ring and see what they say.

I'm a freelancer, and it means endless NI bills, Tax bills, and keeping ALL your reciepts. And the longest tax form ever!

Good luck.

i would ring and ask personally, The joys of being self employed is not having a regular income and also if you do become a cdc you dont suddenly have 40 customers coming it is a gradual build up and all this has to be taken into account. Have a chat with your cdc who would be the one to sponsor you so she can give you some figures to work on,

julesrush
cdc norwich

thanks guys, guess i'l be giving them a call, couse i'd really like to do it, just cant afford to lose ANY money, things are tight enough at the mo!! xx

Sorry I didn't mean it to sound like I thought you where trying to not delcare anything, just some people don't know that cash income like that has to be declared.

I think you need to do a couple of things, talk to your CDC and see if they will give you an idea of the demand in the area so you can work out a really rough idea of what you can earn and also contact the benefits people and see if they can take an average figure and adjust it at the end of the year. I don't know how IS work but tax credits will let you do that.

i know i should declare everything, i diddnt mean it like that!!
i'm not some benifit fraudster!!
i just ment if one week i earn x frm cd and the next i earn alot less, it will in fact mess up my money, and we will be worse off??
i wondered if it was like doing childminding from home, where the dwp write off the 1st £100 and everything stays the same??
obviously not, cheers x

if you are on income surrport they will know as you will pay tax being a CDC , so best thing to do is when you earn money is inform them and they will want to see how much your earning and work it out if you will get any money , some weeks you might no earn as much , you will be allowed to keep £20 a week , but if you really amking money on it , then some weeks you won't get any , there is certain amount by law you have to live on

If you are working you can make your money up with tax credits, so might be worth calling then and asking how much you can claim.

thanks guys, guess i'l be giving them a call, couse i'd really like to do it, just cant afford to lose ANY money, things are tight enough at the mo!! xx

Do you have a work fouced interview every 6 months , have you got one coming up soon ? they should be able to give you a break down on working tax credit , but I don't think its the same as you are not doing hours you are going from week to week on your earnings , so they will see how much your earning and take off you .

i had one a couple months ago, and dint realise i wanted to do it then!! typical!!
have to make an appoinment, nothings simple hey?? xx

I think as soon as you find out what your earning then get in touch , then they will want to see on a weekly how much you earn't . As CDC put a mark up on the stuff they sell and buy it for , just see how many people you get first ..... after xmas I guess you will get more people , hehe . But the first £20 a week you can keep but still you have to inform them ... good luck !

fizzy , its not a set amount she will get each week , so might not be able to do tax credits , its a bit like Avon , you see on a weekly bases what you earn , some weeks it might be nothing ... so Its like my mate she had to show her weekly earnings every so often , if its 1 pence over what your allowed they want it

Back