On slimming world - and loves to cook :) my sw recipes

its gotta be full fat for it to taste all creamy and good i recon... i pinched some of my toddlers blue top and he too was loving my creation

Some of these recipes sound lovely.
I'm new to this site so still browsing and finding my feet at the moment!
Would this be the best place to ask if anyone has a recipe to use up some spinach? If so, any suggestions would be greatfully received.
:)

Poshbird75 said:
Some of these recipes sound lovely.
I'm new to this site so still browsing and finding my feet at the moment!
Would this be the best place to ask if anyone has a recipe to use up some spinach? If so, any suggestions would be greatfully received.

Curry spinnach Is awesome in curry if you make a basic curry sauce look at my chuck it curry recipe and make it with spinnach too you could freeze in portions to top a chicken breast or pop in some potatoes and butternut squash and sweet potatoes and Cook until tender or mix it into pasta with a tomato based or cheesy (low low cheese) sauce
If you let me know a few ingredients you have in your cupboards i could come up with a recipe for you to try

Thanks Catherine
My cupboards are a little bare at the moment but I have plenty of Tuna, Chinken, Mince , tinned tomatoes and the usual basics. I look forward to hearing what you come up with. I bought it thinking I'd have some inspiration but sadly I didn't!

cat yoyo greaves said:
1x aubergine
1x tsp cumin
chilli flakes to taste
juice of half a lemon
salt

ok so all you do is roast the aubergine in the oven util it is cooked and the skin is burned and charred
put it in a bowl and cover with clingfilm (it makes it easier to remove skin)
after it has cooled enough to handle remove clingfilm and remove skin
put flesh in a blender with all other ingredients and blitz
thats it

i had mine on a platter with salad pitta bread and my homemade tatziki and mackerel pate

Thank you for this recipie Cat, I had it today- its lovely!

Made the mackerel pate for lunch and it was awesome!!! Sainsburys neglected to send me fromage frais so I made it with 0% greek yogurt, but it was bloomin' lovely.

Looking forward to more recipes from you. :)

Tracy xx

tracejovi said:
Made the mackerel pate for lunch and it was awesome!!! Sainsburys neglected to send me fromage frais so I made it with 0% greek yogurt, but it was bloomin' lovely.

Looking forward to more recipes from you. :)

Tracy xx

It works with normal yog too just put less in I use fromage frais because its cheapest thick yog

View attachment 52697View attachment 52698
ok so here it is the easiest tastiest recipe EVER

1 pack of ASDA's plain smoked mackerel fillets (ABOUT 248 g is 1 syn)(IT MUST BE ASDAS AS OTHER BRANDS ARE HIGHER IN SYN DONT KNOW WHY)
1 tbsp hot horseradish (1 syn)
2-3 tbsp fat free fromage frais
juice of 1 lemon
2-3 spring onions
cracked black pepper (pepper mill)

skin the mackerel and add to the blender bowl with horseradish, lemon juice, yog, and black pepper to taste and whizz up to a pate consistency taste then add in the chopped spring onion and give a final blitz

there its done ..... go on eat it you know you want to .... it will serve 4-6 as a starter with crackerbreads or toast or just one very greedy me ..... but at 2 syns for the whole lot who cares..... just think of all the omega 3 im getting

ENJOY

I am totally addicted to your mackerel pate, I'm making it for the third time today, I don't always have spring onions but onions work just as well and I'm going to try making a salmon pate (I know you don't eat salmon but I adore it).. I use sliced cucumber instead of cracker soooo healthy. Thanks for this recipe Catherine

ggmac said:
I am totally addicted to your mackerel pate, I'm making it for the third time today, I don't always have spring onions but onions work just as well and I'm going to try making a salmon pate (I know you don't eat salmon but I adore it).. I use sliced cucumber instead of cracker soooo healthy. Thanks for this recipe Catherine

Well i rang syns hotline and aldis smoked mackerel Is syn Free i bet hot smoked salmon would work well as a paté let me know how your salmon one turns out and post recipe :) its good to share i have recently discovered i like smoked salmon and salmon sushi i blooming love sushi

Your recipes look brilliant, def want to try the scotch egg one at somepoint!x

Had a syn Free bbq today for lunch it was awesome butterfly chicken breast with cumin syn Free potato salad were tasty and the bbq'd sweet potato slices and peppers onion and courgette were very moorish

do you think it be ok to have tuna and mackrel..tried it with just mackrel but didnt like it much
so put can tuna in :D

Hi does anyone know how to make marshmallow syn free or very low syns? I love pink and white but at 1.5 each it doesn't feel worth it. Thanks

Dellyola said:
Hi does anyone know how to make marshmallow syn free or very low syns? I love pink and white but at 1.5 each it doesn't feel worth it. Thanks

The pink and white marshmallow wafers are 2.5 each, somebody recommended microwaving them

Laura_Cook said:
The pink and white marshmallow wafers are 2.5 each, somebody recommended microwaving them

Sorry I was talking about the princess marshmallow.

Back