On slimming world - and loves to cook :) my sw recipes

Hi, I have jusr read through your posts, and just have to say you have some great ideas, will be trying your 6 syn roulade, and scotch eggs, they sound fabulous. Wondered if you have any ideas what I could do with some frozen pollock fillets, as Im completely useless when it comes to fish, well unless its in batter...lol
Thanks in advance, and thanks for sharing your wonderful recipes too.

madchick36 said:
Hi, I have jusr read through your posts, and just have to say you have some great ideas, will be trying your 6 syn roulade, and scotch eggs, they sound fabulous. Wondered if you have any ideas what I could do with some frozen pollock fillets, as Im completely useless when it comes to fish, well unless its in batter...lol
Thanks in advance, and thanks for sharing your wonderful recipes too.

Ooooo Deffo a fish pie or fishcakes or defrost it then crumb it in smash just like you would with the scotch eggs (if you make it into strips you could have a fish finger butty with hex bread

cat yoyo greaves said:
Ooooo Deffo a fish pie or fishcakes or defrost it then crumb it in smash just like you would with the scotch eggs (if you make it into strips you could have a fish finger butty with hex bread

I have some cod fillets that need using so I'm going to make fish fingers now! You've inspired me...thanks!

That sounds like a great idea, never even thought of that, so simple, yet so nice....aww thank you, also means I can have a fish finger tea with my kids too...lol, slimming world meals are great, but sometime I just fancy something simple, yet healthy..thanks again :)

Subscribing to this as I love the sound of all of your recipes! Really want to go to Asda so I can get some of that smoked mackerel! The pate sounds delish :)

I'm inspired, I've made a frittata omelette type thingymibob, a potato curry, and a from scratch tomato and pepper chunky sauce for pasta.......everything was bloomin scummy. Thanks for the kick up the bum xx

im back

sorry i havent posted for a while but ive had alot going on at home:sigh:

but im now back and starting with a simple winter warmer recipe

SAUSAGE CASSEROLE:)

1 pack of 8 weight watchers premium pork sausages (1/2 a syn each)(if you can get syn free sausages or want to use veggie ones instead go for it just syn accordingly)
1 tin cheap beans
1 tin tomatoes
a good few handfulls of mushrooms chopped
1 onion chopped
2 heaped tsp paprika

fry off pork sausages and cut into chunks and place in casserole dish (i fried mine in bbq frylite for added flavour but plain works)
fry chopped mushrooms and onions and add to casserole dish
add tin of beans and chopped tomatoes to casserole dish and stir in paprika
refill the tin from tomatoes with water and add to casserole dish
bake in oven on low (about 150) for 2-3 hours

if you are not using bbq frylite i would add mixed herbs for extra flavour

will upload a pic when it is done im serving mine with mash and veg because i need comforting stodgy food with all the cold weather

Hi, would love to try the makerel pate and make it syn free, but don't have an aldi where I live (ireland), but we do have a lidl. Anyone know what the sins are for lidl's makerel. Thanks

This is great amazing ideas very easy and simple but not something I would think of I'm just about to start sw so will be trying these out esp the pâté and scotch eggs. Making my tummy rumble keep them coming as I to hate the bland food

hi just found this thread & its fab , come back cat yo yo , need more recipes please , like a previous poster said have you got a lowwww or syn free fish pie recipe please , i've just made myself a s/w food folder so need more recipes please !

fairybelly said:
Hi, would love to try the makerel pate and make it syn free, but don't have an aldi where I live (ireland), but we do have a lidl. Anyone know what the sins are for lidl's makerel. Thanks

Get nutritional info off it and ring the syns hotline hun that's all I did with aldis

Lizmee said:
hi just found this thread & its fab , come back cat yo yo , need more recipes please , like a previous poster said have you got a lowwww or syn free fish pie recipe please , i've just made myself a s/w food folder so need more recipes please !
I make a syn free cheesy fish pie
I poach my fish in water then use some of the poaching water to make my sauce which is 2 tubes of primula light mixed with the water until its a sauce consistency (4 hex a) use any syn free fish and shellfish you want layer in a dish i love chopped hardboiled egg in bottom and pour on sauce before topping with mash and if you make the mash by mixing in a raw egg it makes it creamy without the syns but don't forget the 3rd superfree

syn free yogurt cheese (tastes like philly)

ok so the other week i found a post on minimins for syn free yogurt cheese and so i HAD to make some

its v easy

just 1/2 a tsp salt and a 500g of 0% fat greek yogurt

just mix together and strain overnight in muslin or cloth with a weight on it you can add flavours too but plain is v good

i mixed some with 2 hex of primula (one tube) and water to make cheese sauce for my lasagne:eek::eek::eek:

it looks v yummy

cant wait to taste it at lunch :)

ok so the other week i found a post on minimins for syn free yogurt cheese and so i HAD to make some

its v easy

just 1/2 a tsp salt and a 500g of 0% fat greek yogurt

just mix together and strain overnight in muslin or cloth with a weight on it you can add flavours too but plain is v good

i mixed some with 2 hex of primula (one tube) and water to make cheese sauce for my lasagne:eek::eek::eek:

it looks v yummy

cant wait to taste it at lunch :)
hi cat , thanks for fish pie recipe , now really dumb ???? how much water do you use - so do you end up with for example 1/2 pint sauce or more & is it boiling water you use , asking about this for your lasagne sauce as well , i'm hopeless at making sauces & i dont usually make enough cos i prefer quite alot of sauce ! , thanks again

Back