On slimming world - and loves to cook :) my sw recipes

Thanks for the ideas. I have just started on this SW lark and want meals I can cook for the whole family, we have tried cottage pie and sausage casserole. Husband won't do fish or eggs!!! Any chicken recipes??

Lizmee said:
hi cat , thanks for fish pie recipe , now really dumb ???? how much water do you use - so do you end up with for example 1/2 pint sauce or more & is it boiling water you use , asking about this for your lasagne sauce as well , i'm hopeless at making sauces & i dont usually make enough cos i prefer quite alot of sauce ! , thanks again

Just add water until it is a sauce consistency I tend not to make a lot of sauce as it would require more healthy extras or syns so up quantities as required

thepicklepatch said:
Thanks for the ideas. I have just started on this SW lark and want meals I can cook for the whole family, we have tried cottage pie and sausage casserole. Husband won't do fish or eggs!!! Any chicken recipes??

Curries or use chicken instead of sausage in the casserole

ok so the other week i found a post on minimins for syn free yogurt cheese and so i HAD to make some

its v easy

just 1/2 a tsp salt and a 500g of 0% fat greek yogurt

just mix together and strain overnight in muslin or cloth with a weight on it you can add flavours too but plain is v good

i mixed some with 2 hex of primula (one tube) and water to make cheese sauce for my lasagne:eek::eek::eek:

it looks v yummy

cant wait to taste it at lunch :)

This sounds great! I've got a few questions though! What 0% greek yog do you use? I think the one I've bought from morrisons before was quite runny, would that work? Also you said strain it in a muslin, do you put the whole lot in a sieve with a weight on?
Thank you :)

This sounds great! I've got a few questions though! What 0% greek yog do you use? I think the one I've bought from morrisons before was quite runny, would that work? Also you said strain it in a muslin, do you put the whole lot in a sieve with a weight on?
Thank you :)
i get the total greek yogurt (the really thick one) mix with salt put muslin in a sieve over a bowl pour yog in twist muslin shut and weight with a small plate with a tin of beans on top

beckyb89 said:
Hi I'm going shopping at weekend just want to confirm that aldi smoked mackerel is syn free? Would this be in the fridge section thanks x

I rang syns hotline and they said it was it is in fridge section and is the plain smoked one .... They do others like peppered and lemon but I don't know if they have syns

syn free shepherds pie

ok as i said a while ago im bad with measuring ingredients so this is kinda my recipe:eek:

1 small pack of extra lean (less than 5 % fat mince)
1 large onion chopped
3 good handfulls of mushrooms chopped
2 beef oxo
a pack of carrots
5-6 potatoes
1 egg
oven dish to accomodate that lot:eek:

fry (in frylite or dry fry) onion and mince until browned and onions soft
in a jug blender blitz mushrooms and stock cube with just enough boiling water (to make a thick gravy looking liquid)
add to mince and onion and add a grind of pepper and a splash of Worcestershire sauce too if you have some
reduce down a bit et voila thick gravy on your mince and onion layer

steam or boil carrots and potatoes

mash carrots with a little of the boiling water and some salt to taste (i use my stick blender for this)

and mash your potatoes with a little salt then crack a raw egg in and mash in to make the tastiest syn free creamy mash there is :eek::eek::eek:
yeah really mash an egg in i was sceptical but it sooooo works (and dont worry the heat from the potatoes will cook it)

layer up and bake in oven to heat it through and for a crispy mash top :)

(oh and the reason its a pack of carrots is so i get my superfree in feel free to put less in and serve with veg)

easy peasy cheap and tasty pasta bake

OK so my pasta bake recipe

5 good handfulls of raw pasta
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
refil both tins with water
2 stock cubes crumbled (veg or chicken work best)
3 heaped tsp paprika
1 heaped tsp oregano
1 heaped tsp mixed italian herbs
garlic if you have any
a few handfulls of any veg you fancy
a few handfulls of any meat (ham chicken etc
mix all together and bake until pasta is cooked and water absorbed
eat as is or top with hex cheese and put back in oven to melt

sooooo damn easy

Tesco 0%Greek yog or Asda are quite thick in texture I found Morrisons one had water collecting on top some of the others do depends on date !! But do not mix into yog but pour it out!! So that it keeps thick!! But 500gm is only£1 where as TOTAL 0% is £2.79 !!!
Also muller light in tesco had any 3 for £1 so I had 12 haha???

bc201 said:
Tesco 0%Greek yog or Asda are quite thick in texture I found Morrisons one had water collecting on top some of the others do depends on date !! But do not mix into yog but pour it out!! So that it keeps thick!! But 500gm is only£1 where as TOTAL 0% is £2.79 !!!
Also muller light in tesco had any 3 for £1 so I had 12 haha???

Last night I did use total 0% lol as its what I had in but I'm treating myself to a yogurt maker when I get paid as last week I spent almost £20 on yogurt for 2 adults and a toddler (most was for me) but I cook with yog and have it as Puds and snacks too I need to cut costs

Got to correct myself it was MORRISONS THAT I Got 3 muller light for £1 at Tesco 2day 6for £3 of any flavour or 2packs of 6 for £5 ( but they always contain flavours that I do not go for!!
I tend to use banana custard , toffee and vanilla and dark choc sprinkles !
As I tend to flavour natural ones myself but one is like a custard with opt cake and toffee goes great with choc drink too lol

Hi new to site not really a great cook so any tips advice would be great I don't like onions or peppers so have to tweak most recipes so any u have would love to hear about them x

Back