On SW, do you sometimes feel like a party pooper?!

raquelscatt

I am meant to be going to my sisters step-daughters 18th birthday party tonight which will just involve lots of ladies sitting in a community centre, providing their own food and drink, and just a general get-together.

Now, I won't know anyone there apart from my sister, the birthday girl and a couple of my sisters friends who have been invited.

I have just got back from a course since 9am this morning so feel shattered and now have to think and go and buy some nibbles for later.

I really ain't fussed about taking nibbles (will have my tea before I go) but feel like I will be a party pooper if I don't! My sister and said friends are also very clicky when together and will take the mickey out of me being on SW.

Grrr, I really hate the set up for tonight but should I take nibbles, and if so, what, that I can just run in Tesco and back out again on way to party!?? And would it be awful to just stay for a little while?

Why not just take some crudités? Carrot sticks, celery sticks, chopped up pepper etc & some dips.

I don't ever feel like a party power when I go out. The people who matter to me know why I'm doing this & except the way I am now. I will choose when I go off plan, and anyone who wants to take the piss about me doing this can take a running jump in my opinion. That includes my mother who has yet to make any comment about my 3 stone weigh loss, except to say - are you sure you should be eating that? I would frankly avoid people who act the way you're describing. I wouldn't even turn up. Life is too short to spend it with people you don't like or who don't respect you. That's what works for.

Like your thinking Kingleds. If people give you grief its normally their issue cause they haven't got the will power to do what your doing - taking control of your own life.

Hope it wasn't as bad as you think though x

I agree totally with kingleds. This week at work, we had a 'bring and share' lunch, and I told everyone I wasn't going to participate because all the food would be too much of a temptation. I could have taken something SW friendly in, but I knew that all the other food wouldn't be SW friendly and I didn't want to put myself in the position of having to resist nuts/crisps/quiche/carrot cake/sausage rolls etc People were very supportive and when I tucked into my beans on toast, they applauded my will power instead of making funny remarks.

If you had allergies, etc, no one in their right mind would think you were a party pooper and not eating rubbish because you're on SW is pretty much exactly the same thing.

It does rather sound like the party would be difficult anyway (I cannot abide cliquiness, what's the point!?) but at least you can be proud of the fact that you're eating like a grown up!

I found it difficult when I first started SW as I didn't tell anyone I was doing it, but as time has gone on and people are aware I'm on a diet it's much easier. If there is a social event with food I'll usually just say I'll go for a drink not the food thanks very much and I'll probably drive so that I stick to diet coke. Obviously there are occasions when I don't stick to it too closely but that's my very definite choice. You don't have to be a party pooper all the time!

Your particular party sounds like a nightmare. If people started to criticise me for being on SW they'd get pretty short shrift and I think they'd be feeling rather silly for needing to belittle my (very necessary) efforts. Hope it went ok!

How ridiculous, being criticised for making a sensible, healthy, lifestyle change.

If they want to take the p*ss out of you for doing so, let them get on with it. You're doing something to change your weight - they will never be able to change their personalities! Poor people.

Sounds like the worst party ever, why are you even going? I'd rather eat my own eyeballs than sit with people like that!

I'd come up with an excuse to get out of it, you've to stay late at work, the car broke down or something! Stay in, put the heating on, get cosy on the sofa and watch a movie....sounds much better to me!!

I think everyone knows im doing it even my local ASDA lol.
When we ring up for the sandwich order at work even the lady at the other end says"is that lisa whos doing slimming world" its funny i never shut up about how good it is.
Good luck and tell everyone to mind their own business, its yoy who going to be the healthier slimmer one xxx

I think everyone knows im doing it even my local ASDA lol.
When we ring up for the sandwich order at work even the lady at the other end says"is that lisa whos doing slimming world" its funny i never shut up about how good it is.
Good luck and tell everyone to mind their own business, its yoy who going to be the healthier slimmer one xxx

I'm the same. In fact, someone at work commented on my weight loss the other day and the response from a colleague was 'have you been living under a rock for the last year?? - how can you only have just noticed?' :p

kingleds said:
I'm the same. In fact, someone at work commented on my weight loss the other day and the response from a colleague was 'have you been living under a rock for the last year?? - how can you only have just noticed?' :p

Haha. Best comment of today was" by god lisa ur looking skinny again" i could have kissed her feet lol
Xx

Back