On your Marks, Get Set....DIET!

Evening all.

I have just got to the end of day one of my new lifestyle. All in all it has been a great day (not including england being knocked out of the fottie)
Im still annoyed at myself for getting into this state, i did really well last year when i lived at home and managed to shift 36lb, however, since moving in with my partner i seem to have gotten very comfy and put it all back on plus some. I NEVER want to be this big again. I feel as if my mindset is right for this now.
My main reason for doing this is that we want to start a family, i desperatly want a child but fear the complications being overweight in pregnancy can do and i fear raising children on my bad diet habbits.

So here is a quick run down of day ones intake.
Breakfast
1 slice of Hovis Hearty Oats bread toasted 109 kcal
1 medium boiled egg 70kcal
100g baked beans 87kcal
1 mug of tea 25kcal

Dinner (we went out for dinner at a local pub but they do a lighter range and give the cals for it)
Spaghetti Bolognese with side salad 575kcal
Apple and raspberry j2o - 88kcal

Tea
Tortilla wrap - 130kcal
10g red onion 4kcal
50g iceburg lettiuce - 7kcal
20g sweetcorn - 14kcal
2 turkey and stuffing style quorn slices - 32 kcal
15g smooth branston pickle - 19kcal
100g pickled baby beetroot - 26kcal
1 pack quavers - 88 kcal
Caffine free Diet Coke - 1 kcal

snacks
2 mugs of tea 50kcal
1 school bar - strawberry - 67 kcal

Excersise
45 mins walking leisurely pace - 220 cals burned.

Daily target intake 1200kcal
Daily plus cals burned - 1420
Total - 1392
Remaining - 28

I wont usualy have such a large dinner but my parents really wanted to go out this weekend as it is my partners birthday tomorrow. I do however, plan to walk into town in the morning and join up at the new Pure gym they are opening here. Its only about a 2 min walk from the flat so i think that was ment to be! Plus, our new flat leads right out onto the cannal so there is no excuse for me not going for a walk!
I have been trying hard to get more fibre and greens into my diet. Plan to eat a little less calorie wise tomorrow, i am AMAZED at how little calories there are in salads, i never really looked at it much before. I could never eat them when i was younger as i found lettuice bitter, but i guess my tastes have changed as i grew up as i actually quite enjoy them now.

Well sorry if i have been rambling on but i wanted to make sure i started logging things right.
My MFP name is Midlandmiss if anyone wants to add me.
Looking forward to doing this with the support of you all
Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
hi midland

good luck on your journey and i hope we here little patters of feet very soon

Hiya, good luck on your journey! And what you said about wanting to lose weight before starting a family is so nice to hear, I gained loads of weight during my pregnancy and ended up with complications at the end resulting in an awful labour experience and an emergency c section. Now my son is happy and healthy and a year old in two weeks, and really wanna start implementing a healthy lifestyle for myself and him now that he's eating more grown up food and less baby food. All the best :) xxx

Morning all
I didnt get the chance to log yesterday so popped on here before work today to update. Yesterday went well, managed to keep off all the 'bad' stuff. I was happy when i jummped on the scales this morning for a sneaky peak and saw an amazing 3lb loss! I know most of it is probably water retention (its also TOTM) but its a nice kick start.

I cant seem to find a way of pulling up yesterdays intake on MFP in any detail but yesterdays intake is as follows (roughly)
Breakfast
100g backed beans
1 rasher turkey Bacon
I bioled egg

Lunch
Tescos light lunch Chicken and noodle soup
1 slice of hovis hearty oats

Dinner
100g backed chicken in 25g barbicue sauce
100g Jacket potato
Salad

Snacks
1 apple
1 packet to WW salt and vinigar hoops (not bad but taste more like ready salted :confused:)
3 mugs of tea
100g beetroot (i can eat this out of the jar, YUMMIE)

all came in at 1077 kcal (target set at 1200)
Excersize = 35 mins walking at lesurely pace - 171kcal

Also been to join the new pure gym here in walsall. It opens this friday. Open 24/7 and only £10.99 per month with 40 free classes a week. Seemed a good deal. My partner is also getting us a second tv so i can set my wii up in the bedroom. I have wii fit and a keep fit boxing game that really works up a sweat. I did plan to go walking with him once a day and try and get him a little fitter too, but he was born with 'clicky hips' so spent the first 3 years of his life in plaster and they fixed his hips. They never actually though he would be able to walk so he is lucky really, but as a result, his hips hurt easy. I am trying to get him out for al least a 15min walk with me in the evenings as he coudld do with shifting a few lbs also.

Sorry if im rambling on. As much as i love him hes not overly supportive ( i think hes getting the tv to just keep me out the way lol) and i know there are people on here who will read this and understand.
I will post up todays intake later on in the day.
Have a good one all ;)

Day two almost finished now. Gone pretty good. My friend at work was handing out chocies to everyone and i only took a funsize milkyway (67Kcal). Logged it on MFP so at least it has been taken into account.

Todays intake is as follows
Breakfast
1 mug of tea - 25 Kcal
45g all bran golden crunch - 182Kcal
100ml semi-skimmed milk - 50 kcal

Lunch
2 slices wholemeal bread - 196 Kcal
1 slice quorn turkey and stuffling style slices - 16 Kcal
1 high veg-a-soup cup a soup - 91 Kcal

Dinner
70g raw red bell pepper - 21kcal
34g raw red onion - 13kcal
2 x lightly smoaked turkey rashers - 53kcal
20g peas - 14kcal
40g sweetcorn - 28kcal
100g little gem lettuice - 15kcal
100g jacket potato - 80kcal
20g heinz bbq sauce - 27kcal

snacks
1 pack WW salt and vinegar hoops - 77kcal
2 cups of hot cho at work - 68Kcal (not worth the cal intake, am switching tomorrow to something else)
1 milkyway funsize - 69kcal
3x mug of tea - 75kcal

total so far out of my 1200 target. 1100 exactly. Not done any excersize yet but after my brother has popped round i am hoping to go for a walk along the cannal, either than or finally get my cardio boxing back on the wii (awsome game, really works up a sweat!). I really am trying to think about what i am eating and get more salad/raw items into my diet. My previous eating habits were sorely low on fiber so thats an area i want to concentrate on.

Day 3 almost over and another really good day. Im not going to keep writing down everything im eating as i am using mfp and i feel silly keeping repeating what i already have recorded.
Im pleased so far at how i have been getting on, though i was HUNGRY last night but resisted as i had used my calorie allowance for the day. It almost killed me making the OH supper and not having any myself, but i want the results. I just need to give my stomach time to shrink i think lol.
I made sure to have some spare calories left over for tonight though...lesson learnt i think :D
I have spent the evening watching supersize vs superskinny on youtube, but it made me feel bad about not doing any excersize today to i paused it half way though and went for a short walk on my own. Cant wait for the gym to open up on friday :whacky068:
Will be intresting to see if the work pays off on sunday at my weigh in.

Your food looks good, I just write the calories into mfp now and keep my food diary on here so I'm not writing it over and over.
Well done on not going over and making your OH something but resisting yourself, you're right it just takes time for stomach to shrink and it's easier x

So 1 week on and pretty happy with myself this week. Only one slight slip up last night, but my partners sister got wed to a wonderful man yesterday and the evening party is always a little tricky. I kept off the alcohol and had 1 j2o and then spent the rest of the night on diet pepsi (much to my partners joy as he could drink freely with me driving home) and i tried to be good when it came to the food. Totally skipped all the cakes, chocs and such and stuck to a little of the other things i liked, but wouldnt break the bank, so to speak. Im sure i probably overate slightly yesterday but that will sort itself out soon enough.
So this time last week i weighed in at 219.2lbs (my heaviest EVER), today, i weighted in at 211.4lbs. SO happy to have had a good first week, i know the losses will slow down but its always a good boost to see a nice number lost. Off shopping later on after dinner at my moms, shes doing lamb but im taking my scales so i can log everything properly lol.
7.8lbs down......64.4lbs to go till goal. :bliss:
Come on guys, we can do this xx

Back