One Born Every Minute

bajoleth

Gold Member
Hi all, I watched this series when it was on channel 4 it is now on Channel 4 OD which is online, I found this series fascinating, for those of you who didn't see it it is based in a southampton labour ward, they filmed around the clock for a number of weeks. There are lots of different birth experiences to watch and if you havent been through childbirth before or have conveniently forgotten LOL it gives you a fair idea of what its like. There are c sections, water births, induced birth etc etc, it really is worth watching, OH was nights the other night and I watched 4 hrs straight of it. It gives OH's an idea of what to expect too and some of its really funny, my fave couple are Joy and Fabio ;) heres the link
One Born Every Minute - 4oD - Channel 4

I absolutely loved this programme when it was on! I really hope they do a second series :D

I absolutely loved this programme when it was on! I really hope they do a second series :D
They are doing a second series , I think they are filming it now for release next spring, I think thats what I read on the website anyway.

They are doing a second series , I think they are filming it now for release next spring, I think thats what I read on the website anyway.

Yay - I did a quick Google search and you are right. Apparently they are filming between August and November and the new series should be aired in the new Year :D

It really isn't that bad - it is a lot less graphic than I thought it would be. I thought it would scare me but it was amazing to watch :)

Watched the first two episodes last night. Pinched DH's laptop to play it on so he had to watch it! Although he was quite happy to.

Have already told him that (in reference to the first episode) if he sits in the corner, laughing at me and blowing up a rubber glove, I'll kick him out the room! I've also decided I really don't want a c-section, epidural or inducing. I didn't realise that's how they induced you, for some reason I just assumed they put something up and literally 'broke the waters'. Very naive of me :D

Certainly not overly graphic. I was actually expecting more! But it does give you a bit of an idea of what to expect. 2 episodes down, 6 more to go! :)

That 1st OH was a bit of a prat wasn't he:mad: I think he was showing off in front of his son and I don't really know why he wanted to be there, but he seemed a nice lad;) Glad you are enjoying it and finding it a bit of a introduction as to what to expect, I think really it shows you that every birth is different and how people cope with it;)

God yeah, even DH wasn't overly impressed with the way he acted. I realise that you need to laugh at times but a bit more support and a bit less childish play IMO!

Back