losingit's losingit again diary

Morning losing... Well done on the M&S shopping!! I think that's amazing - in starting to look and buy in M&S and it gives me such a high lol

I'm with you in the shoe department ... Haven't really got that area sorted yet - I now wear shows from Ecco as I've got a bit of arthritis but I'd really love to find comfortable girly shoes! Lol

Well done on all the changes and the chips/beans will come off soon enough - clean and green and water will sort you out xxx

Great news on the size 18s! Feels good, don't it?

I'm freaky-footed, I have such a high instep they're basically curved upwards in the middle, iyswim. I can't get shoes on the high street except in Evans. My mum said there's now an M&S wide range so I took a look- GRANNY SHOES. :(

Shoes are indeed a nuisance. I wish i could wear nice girly shoes but i just can't. Assuming i can even get a shoe on, my fat on top of my foot spills over the edges of girly shoes and looks really ugly. I'd love to be able to wear a skirt or dress in the summer with some nice light shoes, alas it's not just the shoes that are the problem here but dresses and skirts too, they kinda hang over my belly giving that tent appearance. Maybe by summer it won't be so bad and i'll get to wear one afterall ;).

Today is weigh-in day. It also marks 10 weeks of Atkins. This week i only lost 1.6lbs, which i was pretty disappointed with as earlier in the week i was lower. Not hard to see the problem though, that handful of chips really did make a difference. It's so not worth it, not doing that again.

On the bright side, i updated my minimins stats and it now says i lost over 10% of my starting bodyweight. Which is pretty cool, i'm happy with that. Also, 27lbs down since the start, only one more to go and i'll hit the 2 stone mark. Annnnd if that wasn't good enough, i'm getting excited about getting my BMI under 40 soon, didn't work out exactly where that point is but within the next 7lbs or so i think. Further motivating is seeing that i have less than 100lbs now to go to get to a healthy weight, it feels more 'doable' than the huge 3 digit figure that was there before ;). So all in all not a bad week and plenty to celebrate (with a nice juicy slow cooked chicken that is, no chips!).

Oh fantastic losingit! Lots of good things going on! I have 82lbs left to lose so we're pretty close! Good luck this week xx

Morning losing, I really enjoyed reading your post, so full of hope and great attitude. You'll be there by summer i bet

I think you'll want to backtrack on the 'great attitude' thing after what i have to say now... i've been a complete idiot today.

Only went and took my daughter to McDonalds. And instead of being virtuous, i totally mess it all up. Not just a little, a lot. Got home and added it up on the mcd's website and it comes to a whopping 93g of carbs. eek, that's the first time i've gone that crazy since January. Just when i thought i was getting a handle on it, i crack. I think McDonalds will have to be banned in the future, no taking my daughter there or anything - next time if we have to have fast food it'll be KFC, i can handle that fairly well by just having a piece of chicken. McDonalds just sends me over the edge for some reason, and i don't even enjoy it!

I did do 300 calories this morning on the cross trainer. But i kinda used that to justify my McD binge, which of course isn't right.

Now i have a bad tummy, urgh.

Draw a line. Tons of water!
You can get back on track:)

Ooooop, been there done that, we all have love. as katie says........

Feeling a bit down ... that single bad meal and i've put on 4lbs overnight, so undone 2 weeks+ of work :(. Then i just got depressed and ate everything in sight yesterday since i 'blew it' anyway i might as well eat. Luckily for me i didn't have anything bad in the house, so it was a protein binge. Kinda relieved about that now as i feel differently today and am ready to crack onwards again. Came to my senses and realised that i haven't really put on 4lbs of fat from one meal, i didn't eat THAT much, and that it probably is less than 0.5lb in reality and the rest is glycogen/water. So being strict the rest of the week means i might be lucky and just have a STS come weigh-in on Monday, fingers crossed.

Came across 'slimpod' yesterday, thought i'd buy it and give it a go to see if it helps me get in the right mindset. A bit skeptical about hypnosis based techniques but it certainly can't do any harm and in combination with the Atkins it might just do something.

Did my exercise today. Didn't want to, but did it so pretty proud of myself for that.

Thanks for the support, Katie and Jim - couldn't do it without you guys :)

Morning losing, no you haven't love. It's exactly the same with me, one bad carby meal puts on pounds, the good news is, loads of water and clean and green shifts it quickly.

Well, lucky for me I've now lost nearly all of the weight gained at mcd's the other day. I need just another 0.5lbs and I'll be at a sts at next weigh in on Monday. Fingers crossed I might even have a tiny loss if I'm lucky. Very happy and relieved! That food spoof wasn't worth all this upset.

Still on track with my exercise, getting fitter by the day- today I increased my workout to 35 minutes and burnt a huge 367 calories- something I would have thought impossible a few weeks ago.

Slim podding is also going fine, still not convinced it's doing much apart from helping me get to sleep faster, but will know in the next month I guess- it'd be cool if it helps me cut down on self-sabotage or binging and makes me feel more positive about food.

Well done on your exercise, I just cant seem to get into it. Good luck with your weigh in on Monday.

I did find it hard to find the motivation after the initial novelty wore off (about 3 sessions in). It's not essential on Atkins anyway, infact i see some people having problems losing when exercising at the same time (fluid retention in worn out muscles, or body hanging on to fat for all its worth cos it spots something is up). The exercise isn't making any real difference that i can see to my weightloss (and i eat slightly more on days i exercise), but it does just help me feel a little bit better and less moody/depressed at times - i'm very very sedentary in everyday life since i work from home, sat on my sofa on my laptop all day every day. For me it's been a good 'feel good' replacement for sitting down and gorging on 3 large chocolate bars, but it has taken a good month for the feel good factor to really start to kick in. To make real inroads on it losing my weight i think i'd have to do about 2 hours a day every day, or even more, like they do on 'the biggest loser'.

Weigh in day today, and... i'm down 1.2lbs!!!! Unbelievable considering i was 4lbs up earlier in the week after my mistake.

Right, going to be perfect this week, need to get a 2lbs loss next week!

You have done amazingly well losingit!!! Look how far you've come!! To get that focus back and kick the weight back into touch! Phenomenal and I hope you're very chuffed with yourself!!! Xx

Morning and well done on that loss losing ;)

Well done and keep going:)

Had a visitor come over the other day for a couple of hours, and they ended up staying for almost 2 whole days. Was a bit of a challenge on my diet..., i actually did remarkably if i must say so myself! My guest was very large himself which really helped me stay focussed because i could see how i'd turn out myself if i didn't stick to plan. Sounds really awful i know but, well it helped.

I had to miss my usual exercise session on the cross trainer as i didn't want to exercise infront of my guest, but i have done a session this morning so we are back on track with that. Food-wise, i told him straight that i don't have carbs in the house and he'll have to eat low-carb. And he did, and was pretty happy with it i think. I cooked a roast chicken for one meal, sausages, homemade burgers, veggies, and we did OK. I found an old pack of bachelors instant noodles in my cupboard which he devoured in no time, i think he wasn't actually all that impressed with being on my low carb diet also but i'm sure it did him the world of good, lol, and he did outstay his welcome ;) . God knows he needs it at probably around 35stone or more, i hope he got on his scales when he got home cos i know he must have lost weight.

Got a delivery today - Kettleworx kettleball and DVD's. Pretty excited to give them a go later tonight maybe. Will try to add a Kettleworx routine to my existing cross trainer routine 3x a week. Looking forward to doing it, and hoping it will help build muscle to minimise baggy skin later on, the cross trainer doesn't really help with that! I'm not worried about having a baggy tummy, it's more my upper arms and my thighs to be honest as these are the parts that i'd like to be able to show in the summer when i wear strappy tops and shorts... and my arms in particular already have enormous bingo wings.

Had some bad news yesterday, my Uncle finally lost his fight with Leukaemia and died in his sleep at hospital. It's doubly sad as he was a large man of around 25stone and he cannot be cremated at the place he wanted to be as they say the facility isn't big enough, he has to go somewhere else in a special place for large people. sighs--- yet another reason to lose weight, to have a more dignified death, (eventually, hopefully many many years in the future!).

Morning. Sorry to hear about your uncle ((hugs))

Morning Losing, yes I'd heard that about crematoriums as well, I think 18 stone is the limit.

Back