One cheat meal a week?

Sawyer

Silver Member
Is this a crazy idea? One meal where you get whatever you want from the takeaway? Or one slap up meal at a restaurant?

Does it make a massive difference to weight loss? Is weekly too much?

Discuss!

I know a lot of ppl do this and it doesn't affect their losses until they get to the final stages. In a way if it doesn't affect your losses it gives you something else to cut out if you plateau. On the other hand I know ppl who've done it and it hasn't worked for them at all. We're all different I guess! X

I used to do it straight after weigh in so I had a week to put it right but I'd literally eat all my weeks syns in one go! I'd get a huge indian takeaway etc and then a giant chocolate bar. Most weeks I'd still lose weight but I'm not going to do that this time because it did hold me back and it's not a very good habit to get into. Maybe try once a fortnight?

I used to do it straight after weigh in so I had a week to put it right but I'd literally eat all my weeks syns in one go! I'd get a huge indian takeaway etc and then a giant chocolate bar. Most weeks I'd still lose weight but I'm not going to do that this time because it did hold me back and it's not a very good habit to get into. Maybe try once a fortnight?
I used to do exactly same but then found myself stressing all week so now if I do have one I try to keep it as close to syns as possible xx

Also have you took a look in the fakeaway book. I've bought it this week at group as me and my hubby do like a takeaway every now and then but thought we could start making Friday our fakeaway night and choosing a recipe out of book. That way we don't feel we are missing out x having Chinese themed tomorrow. Diet orange chicken with rice x may decide to be adventurous and try making egg fried rice that's in the book x

I tend to have an extra something after weigh in but take aways are my downfall so trying to avoid them. I had chicken with mash and veg after my last weigh in but allowed myself 2 aunt Bessie Yorkshire puds that I didn't syn.

Well what I used to do was save all my syns for the weekend. At the weekend I would then 'spend' all my syns on a cheat meal or alcohol (usually alcohol to be honest!) and it didn't affect my losses. I had good weekly losses and got to target in 4 months (Had just shy of 3 stone to lose) so it worked for me, but I have heard others say it didn't for them so all you can do is try it and see :)

I haven't needed to use all my syns each day so, has been between 8-13. Could add those up every fortnight and use them for a slap up meal maybe! Worth a try! Thanks guys

I think everybody is different, and its fine to do once in a while, maybe once every few weeks, and birthdays or holidays, but I wouldn't want to make it into a habit myself, or use food as a sort of weekly reward because that sort of thing has been one of the reasons I've always fallen off the wagon before, after making months of progress, I've always found that the regular planned 'cheat meal' turns into a 'cheat day', which turns into two days, and then before I know it all self control has gone out the window. Maybe self control just isn't my thing :)

Well I went to Chiquitos and for the past three days I've maintained, even though I'd lost 7lbs the 4days before, so maybe it does make a difference??

I used to do this and it didn't make any difference to my weight loss but this time I have more to lose so trying really hard not to xx

It wouldn't work for me not because of the physical weight loss but more the mental side of it. With me I'm either totally in control and focused or I'm eating whatever the hell I fancy. A meal 'off' would lead to the "oh sod it" thought and Id be gaining because of that. I can see it could work for others though.

I always have cheat Friday, where me and my partner will pick something that we would have from a take away and I would make it fit in with my syns and hex's.. so in a way not a cheat but it still is :)

Tonight I am making pizza with garlic bread and chicken wings with a desert :D
Pizza - base made with 50g flour and 50g 0% greek yog topped with hexa cheese and lots of free toppings = 8 syns
Garlic Bread = Hexb with Garlic paste 1 syn
Chicken wings, skin removed = free :D
desert is trifle made with sugar free jelly, small 55g of light custard and some light squirty cream = 5 syns

That's my kind of cheat meal :D

I always have cheat Friday, where me and my partner will pick something that we would have from a take away and I would make it fit in with my syns and hex's.. so in a way not a cheat but it still is :)

Tonight I am making pizza with garlic bread and chicken wings with a desert :D
Pizza - base made with 50g flour and 50g 0% greek yog topped with hexa cheese and lots of free toppings = 8 syns
Garlic Bread = Hexb with Garlic paste 1 syn
Chicken wings, skin removed = free :D
desert is trifle made with sugar free jelly, small 55g of light custard and some light squirty cream = 5 syns

That's my kind of cheat meal :D
That's an ace idea x

I do the same as Zoelinaa. Get weighed Saturday morning so dinner that night will be whatever I fancy, as long as it's within syns. This week is SW style crispy duck! :D

Several ladies at my group have the rest of the day off plan. Group is at 9.30am. They are losing weight still but know that they will have to stop the day off plan when weight losses slow down.

Personally I prefer not to do it because it messes with my head. Once off plan, it is a big effort for me to get back on it.

Back