One Day At A Time

beaky31

Hi there my name is Jo aka Beaky31 on here. I was going to start this on day one of the diet (29th Feb 2012) but i was so busy i didnt get the chance so better late than never i suppose.

A bit about my story so far, i did Cambridge about 4 years ago and lost 3 and a half stone in 3 months. I managed to keep the weight off until i met my other half, then i became happy and content and a familiar story i put the weight back on that i had lost. Anyway after a couple of failed attempts i have decided it`s now or never for the weight to come off and stay off for good.

One main motivation is that Jez asked me to marry him on Christmas Day, of course i said yes and i dont want to look back at wedding photos in the future and be saying i wish i had dieted or leave it to the last minute to try and diet and be dissappointed when we do come to get married.

Obviously there are other motivations i want to be fitter and healthier and get rid of the aches and pains that i never had before i became over weight.

I will try and write here everyday time allowing even if its just to come and say im starving lol

I`m on day two now and feeling suprisingly unhungry and super motivated, i dont know whats different but it feels like the first time when i lost weight i am very determined!

Anyway as i`m drooling over Masterchef at the minute i hope you like what you read and i`ll see you tomorrow! :)

Well day 3 is well underway and i had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and im already -4lb so i came to work with a spring in my step today made a promise to myself not to get on the scales now until Wednesday!

Day 4 and i`m mega hungry today, being a saturday we normally go out shopping somewhere but we are busy with things at home today so at least ive avoided the fast food outlets but as ive finished my list of jobs and having a sit for five my mind immediately thinks of food! Hoping a large glass of water will take away some of the hunger.

I've just started exante today too! I'm a little confused as I have bars to! Is this normal?! I have a months supply so will be shakes soups and bars for march!!!

I bought a weeks supply to start with so that i could try everything and then see what to get for my big order... So far i've had the Strawberry shake today (and lots of water already), i'll have a soup tonight and either another shake or a bar.

Hi there thanks for the comments. Greeneyes i did have mega head aches the first 3 days but i found that i got over them by just drinking plenty of water, i`ve just ordered some bars so waiting with anticipation for them to arrive in the post.

I`m also going to go onto the Total Solution from Wednesday this week as i started on working solution and have found it easy so i may as well cut out food completely.

Havent weighed today and i have hid the scales out of sight till Wednesday so excited to find out what i have lost Wednesday morning!

Hi Beaky,

I'm dong Total solutions too. I don't feel hungry so far, but i think i am getting past the hunger by keeping busy.

Good luck with the weigh in... I have to wait til Saturday for my proper weigh in but i may have a sneaky peak tomorrow!

Laura :)

Hi greeneyes i think that is the key you know keeping busy, me and my other half hate to be sitting around doing nothing so we always find something to do. Let me know how you get on with your weight in, good luck! x

Hi havent had time to come on for a couple of days but after week one i have lost six pounds which im happy with not as much as i expected but it`s still six pounds lighter than what i was the week before!

6lbs is great - just think my son was just over 6lbs when he was born so you've basically lost a whole baby's size from somewhere :D keep going xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Friday today woo hoo! Cant tell you how happy i am it`s Friday. Just found a BMI calculator and my BMI at 270 lbs was 39 and with a loss of 6lb`s it has gone down to 38.1 so i`m pleased with this.

Not having too bad a day today just feeling a bit tired and headachey, im looking forward to Wednesday weigh in again (this might become a regular occurence lol)

Lots planned this weekend and we are having dinner at my brothers tomorrow evening and he is even cooking something super low fat for me bless him so i`m looking forward to that.

If i dont check in over the weekend have a good one everybody! :)

Hi! Well I made it to day 7 YAY!!! Not even a single morsel eaten other than soups shakes And bars! Will weigh myself first thing tomo!

Oh my well the weekend was going well then sadly yesterday my beloved Grandma passed away. It wasnt sudden we were kind of expecting it but i had a wobble yesterday evening and succumbed to some chocolate. Weird how we turn to food to comfort us in these sad times. Im not going to feel guilty about it because i dont.

Must try and get back on track this week but with emotions running high i dont really feel like i want to eat, is this a good or bad thing i dont know.

Just couldnt face work today but i have a few errands to run so im hoping that keeping myself busy will help.

Sleep tight Granny now you and grandad are together again, rest in peace love you always x

So sorry to read of your loss. Look after yourself and don't put yourself under to much pressure. x

Back