One dress size at a time diary...

velocity_girl

I've been on and off here but rarely posting for a year or so now but recently I've needed a proper kick up the bum to get myself back on track. I'm really wanting to drop quite a few dress sizes and as I love buying vintage clothes but unfortunately you don't find much in larger sizes so that's my motivation. At the moment I'm about a 22 but would love to be down to a 12.

I thought it would help to start documenting my food and how much exercise I'm getting too to help keep me on track! I've been trying to stick to 1200 calories a day roughly but generally trying to eat better food and stay away from processed stuff if I can.

One of the big problems I have is that I live with two flatmates and we tend to share cooking a lot and they're both big foodies so I'm finding that quite tricky but it is encouraging me to cook more.

Since I started at the beginning of April I've managed to lose 4kg and I'm now down to 110.2kg. I've not been very good at sticking to it each week so far as I've had a couple of holidays this month but I've not put back on and it's been a steady decline. I've a LONG way to go but I think I'd like my ultimate goal is 60kg but I think my mini goal is to get down to 106kg and take things 4kg at a time. I'm also hoping to start adding more exercise into daily routine. Ideally I'd like to get up to 10,000 steps per day and also try go to the gym twice a week too.

My diaries are below. Tonight's dinner has been a bit naughty though but I've been quite good all week so far!

Yesterday

Breakfast
Muller Strawberry yoghurt - 90 cal

Lunch

Homemade chilli carrot and lentil soup - 124 cal
White dinner roll - 100

Dinner
Homemade bolognaise - 580 cal
2 slices of garlic bread - 218 cal

Snacks

Grapes - 66 cal
2 satsumas - 32 cal

Total - 1274 cal
Steps - 6383

Today
Breakfast
Muller Strawberry yoghurt - 90 cal

Lunch

Homemade chilli carrot and lentil soup - 124 cal
Tesco Brown sandwich thin - 94 cal

Dinner
Homemade burger- 196 cal
Oven chips - 316 cal
Roll - 137 cal
Slice cheese - 50 cal

Snacks

Grapes - 66 cal
Tesco Brown sandwich thin - 94 cal
Tuna in brine - 35
Lighter Mayo - 50 cal

Total - 1252 cal
Steps - 6938

Hello and welcome mate. I just found your thread and read. However, I mostly like your eating schedule. Which is really amazing. I would like to follow them as well.

Looks great V Girl! Just thin of all those dresses you'll be loving in no time! :D

One thing i'm finding is it's a lot easier to stick to healthier foods during the week rather than weekends. I go out quite a lot so don't eat regularly but eat bigger amounts when I do. I also drink at the weekends too which I'd rarely do during the week. However I do also tend to get more steps in at the weekends too plus I'm more likely to be dancing on a Saturday night too which I guess you could call exercise too!

Today

Breakfast
Bacon roll with fat trimmed off - 210 cal

Dinner
Homemade prawn Katsu curry - 800 cal

Snacks
5 x vodka and diet coke - 275 cal

Total - 1285 cal
Steps - 11,611

Your food sounds yummy!
Would it help to have a diet coke between each vodka and coke? I used to go out with mates who could take their drink far more than me (and had more money than me) so I'd buy a vodka and coke when it was their round and just a coke when it was my round! :p Made me less tempted to scoff something revolting on the way home too :D

Just found your diary, looking good!

Do you a fitness watch that is counting your steps? Ive not had mine long and it does motivate me to walk more. Someone told me you should aim for 10,000 steps a day. I have only hit that a few times lol

Back