one for the ladies please.. help!

louisajane222

Hello all , Just really really need some advice . I have been on this diet 13 weeks and have lost 4 stone 5lb . I am really really concerned about my periods (sorry if there are any blokes reading!
From 2 weeks into the diet I started bleeding and have literally had a period every 2 weeks with a tiny bit of spotting inbetween. It then slowed down a little bit but now its all starting again. I am on the pill however and know this shouldn't be happening but do know that losing weight can have an affect on your periods.
I am off to the docs tomorrow as I am really worried..anyone had anything like this ?
Lou

Can't really help except I bleed more since starting cd.

Used to have period for two days now three :( with lots more blood

????

I'm not on the pill but CD did play havoc with my periods and I was having them very frequently. I know CD and rapid weightloss can quite often affect periods so I am sure it's nothing to be concerned about. But always best to check with the doctor if you are worried.

xx

thank you girls a little reassurance is helping. Sorry I can't believe how worried I am . Also because I have never had a smear test as I am just under 25 (even though I have had 2 children) they said that there wasn't much point in having one when I know full well there is a point! So now I just have really bad thoughts running through my head but then again just really hoping it is the diet!

thank you girls a little reassurance is helping. Sorry I can't believe how worried I am . Also because I have never had a smear test as I am just under 25 (even though I have had 2 children) they said that there wasn't much point in having one when I know full well there is a point! So now I just have really bad thoughts running through my head but then again just really hoping it is the diet!

Jesus wept that's ridiculous

Anyone who is sexually active should be given smears

Can you not pressurize your gp for one?

Same here.
It has something to do with our fat cells releasing stored hormones as they shrink.
I remember from biology many, many years ago that fat cells have something to do with estrogen production. But I'm sure someone will belong soon to correct me.;)

I had my first smear at 21 but think I was the last group to have it that young then they raised the age I'm 33 now and I'm due my 4 th next year

Periods do go weird with weighloss though so try not to stress x x

thank you mrs! I know and all my problems seem to have started during this diet as I never had anything wrong with my periods at all before hand so I am assuming it is diet related.. our bodys are weird things hey!

Back