One stone at a time target/challenge.

Wouldn't recommend it!! Why is it I have bits of bread, cheese, biscuits etc etc etc and not bites of apple or bits of ryvita etc? Wouldn't b as naughty then wud it. Will think of this thread everytime I go to a loaf and think twice. Glad my denial has cheered u up chick xx

This thread has made me giggle this afternoon!

I too had a bad weekend, feeling down and in pain and just couldn't be bothered to point. Fortunately I didn't do too much damage judging by the scales this morning.

xxx

I'm always too scared to be naughty over the weekend. The perils of a Monday weigh in!

I know this is a Slimming World Story but it really helped me find those hidden syns back in the day lol:

This is the story of Mrs Ivy Been so Good.

Ivy was really disappointed this week after having maintained after "such a good week". Her Food Diary was perfect! Ten syns per day…Maximum! But let’s have a closer look...

We start off with Friday (the day after weigh in - which does exist! … unlike the night of group which has become "treat night") Forgetting the big cheese sandwich, the large glass of wine and the piece of cake from the night before, Ivy gets up in fine fettle, really focussed on the week ahead! Let’s see how the day goes…

Ivy has her normal breakfast of Branflakes, milk and banana. She tips them into the bowl… and then thinks "better check the weight of them. I want to get a few pounds off this week!". She puts them on the scales to find there is one 1.5oz… That’s my first healthy B she thinks, taking out the excess and unconsciously popping them in her mouth.

Putting the milk away she spots a carton of Orange Juice open and decides to have a small glass whilst making a boiled egg for her daughters breakfast. When clearing up the dishes, Ivy spies 2 soldiers left on her plate. "I can’t think of the last time I had REAL butter!" she says and in they go!!

After breakfast it’s a trip into town shopping. Armed with a Hifi Bar just in case temptation strikes, they set off.

In Woolworths her daughter gets restless in the buggy and Ivy opens her a packet of crisps to keep her quiet and Ivy ends up tasting a couple ("just checking for freshness!")

Lunchtime comes and the shopping trip is not done yet (there’s still money left on her credit card!!). Ivy decides to grab something from Marks and Spencer’s "I know they do that Count on Us range… it’s bound to be low!" Spoilt for choice, Ivy scans the range. She has already decided to go "original" today and spots a Count on Us Hoisin Duck sandwich. "That would be a great choice … the bread will be my 2nd Healthy B!"
She buys it as a Meal Deal, along with a Diet Coke and a packet of Salt and Vinegar crisps to eat later.

Later on she stops for a coffee at Starbucks. "No cake for me!" she says and savours the Skinny Latte ("I can use that as my 2nd Healthy A!" and it contains no syrup of course!) She’s delighted that she hasn’t needed the "emergency Hifi" whilst out today.

Back at home after shopping, she makes cakes with her daughter. She resists the fairy cakes when they come out of the oven….. but CAN’T resist licking the wooden spoon!!

She feeds the kids early – a chicken nugget and 2 chips remain on the plates…. And they don’t go in the bin!!

Dinner time comes – a nice juicy steak, salad and jacket potato. She weighs her 8 oz jacket potato which is a healthy B choice and puts a spoonful of Quark in it. A tablespoon of Hellman’s Light Mayo goes on the salad … "Only 2.5syns!" she says "That’s my first today!" Hubbie prefers mashed potato with his. She wouldn’t dream of eating it herself…..but does just taste it to see it has the right amount of butter and milk in!

Dessert for Ivy is a Muller light yoghurt. Hubbie has sponge and custard. "It just doesn’t bother me" said Ivy as she’s licking the spoon she used to stir the custard!

By 9.30pm, Ivy felt like a "little something"! Remembering the crisps from the Meal Deal, she checks the syn value and finds they are only 7 syns. "Only 9.5 syns today!" she says "A perfect day!"

OR WAS IT?! How many times have we done this, How many actual syns did she have that day?

Let’s see….

The breakdown:

0.5 oz branflakes 2.5 Syns
Orange juice 125ml 2.5 Syns
Eggy soldiers 4 Syns
Couple of crisps 1 Syn
Sandwich 12.5 Syns
(6 syns can be deducted if using
bread as Healthy B)
Latte 8.5 Syns (Grande from Starbucks)
Cake mixture 4 Syns
Jacket potato 16 Syns (healthy B already used
which she forgot!) (2 syns per oz)
Mayo 7.5 Syns (it was a heaped tablespoon
not level!)
Chicken nugget 3 Syns
2 chips 3 Syns
Spoonful of Mash 3 Syns
Spoonful of custard 2 Syns
Packet of crisps 7 Syns

The actual amount is 76.5 syns and that’s not even counting the extra 40+syns from the night before!

There are 6 more days to go!!

(Just to put in perspective, those 76.5 syns are the equivalent of an average portion of Chicken Tikka Masala, Pilau rice, 1 naan bread, 2 pints of beer, and 2 small veg samosas!!!. We’d know if we ate that!!!)

The Moral of the story…. Don’t forget all those hidden syns….enjoy!

Right now I'm off for weigh in then food at the in-laws, eeek, wish me luck!!

Morgenmuffel xx

Dont know why u hate that pic Lisa, u look beaut!! Defo have to get back on track today. Going to try my best not to pic at kids teas etc and not eating anything that I'm unsure wot the pro points r. Know wot u mean about tasting - I'm terrible for having a bite of this here and a bite of that there. Cos I'm not having a full thing I don't think it counts. I even rip bits off a round of bread whilst it's still in the packet, keep going back to it till it's gone but don't count it cos I've ate it in bits. Madness!!!

Ha ha thought it was just me who did that. Of course the crusts from my daughters sandwiches really dont count lol nor the pasta i just " taste to make sure its not too hot" lol

Tasting eh ! well u wudnt wanna give u hubby something that didn't taste nice wud ya !

Lisa xx

Oh absolutely not lol back on track today though just back from an hour and a half walk with my daughter in the buggy, half dead but feel semi the better for it . I went out cos i was heading for the kitchen so thats my plan of action this wk :D

I'm not ignoring all you crusty bread pinches but just to go back to my weekend. I can't pull her up bout it cos it's mine & her hubby that's mates. When we had "incidents" before I got my hubby to say summat to her hubby. Her hubby weren't there yest cos he was at work. Forgot to mention my 8 yr old straight talkin Yorkshire lad told her he was hungry, she made him a sarnie & he ate it in kitchen. When he told me when I got home, well, comedy steam came outta my ears. So a lesson learnt. Next time she goes hungry & while I unpack my picnic basket in the front room & lay out my blanket I'll make sure my hubby gets his full half hr lunch break. Hahaha. You all make me chuckle & make me feel so much better. Glad I found this thread cos I knew I'd get a response xxxxxxx

This thread has made me giggle this afternoon!

I too had a bad weekend, feeling down and in pain and just couldn't be bothered to point. Fortunately I didn't do too much damage judging by the scales this morning.

xxx

There must be something in the air this weekend for us ladies!

Hope you feel a bit brighter tomorrow ;)

Lisa xx

Well Morgenmuffel, I will have to read your post when I get back from my meeting, as Im setting off soon, as your post looks quite long :D:D:D

And I will need to give it 100% attention !

Lisa x

Cobra said:
Well it seems that some of us have had a few hiccups over the weekend !

So we obviously need motivating to start our new week!

So what are we going to do to get back on track ??

Personally I am going to look at my fat piccies! Also, Im going to try something on that makes me look horrible and look at myself in the mirror..

Going to also put a plan in action for the week! And get back on my food diary!

What are you all going to do ?

Lisa xx

hope this works !

It's funny you should mention this. I was gonna start a post with what I'm gonna pledge this week to get me back on track. I'm gonna post it here now for a better response. So I pledge to drink more water this week. I have drunk a small water bottle of water today which us 1 more than usual. Tomorrow I WILL drink 2. So ladies what ARE we going to do this week ?

I know - it's evil!! I love it tho and cud liv on toast & buttys. It shouts to me in the supermarket and everything. Naughty naughty bread xxxx

Im already planning my treat after wi tomorrow im a disgrace lol but on a serious ish note im just going to keep myself busy cos i slip up when im bored. Good luck to us all this wk ladies x x

It's funny you should mention this. I was gonna start a post with what I'm gonna pledge this week to get me back on track. I'm gonna post it here now for a better response. So I pledge to drink more water this week. I have drunk a small water bottle of water today which us 1 more than usual. Tomorrow I WILL drink 2. So ladies what ARE we going to do this week ?

Good luck! I hate water, so I know how hard it is having 1 bottle never mind 2 !

I'm gonna try my best not to pick at bits and pieces and I'm not going to eat through boredom. Come on girls we can do it!!!! Xxxxx

So what are you going to do to stop getting bored ?

Im already planning my treat after wi tomorrow im a disgrace lol but on a serious ish note im just going to keep myself busy cos i slip up when im bored. Good luck to us all this wk ladies x x

Yes you are a disgrace ! oj

At least you are planning to treat yourself, which is better than just binging!

Lisa x

Just thought I'd mention, for tea I had BBQ chicken wraps. It is a recipe on the WW esource thingy. 10 points & worth every one. I've been right good today after my weekend of naughtiness xxx

Just thought I'd mention, for tea I had BBQ chicken wraps. It is a recipe on the WW esource thingy. 10 points & worth every one. I've been right good today after my weekend of naughtiness xxx

Put the link up for the recipie hun !

That sounds lovely !

Lisa xx

Love u lot! Sorry I can only get online every day or two but I love to read up!

Sounds like a tough weekend all round!

Don't get me started on rude people! I would defo take a picnic next time!! And maybe have some ww meals in handy just in case :( hugs!

Omg that SW story shocked me... Each one sounded like nothing can't believe how much it added up! I don't have kids at least lol - usually the odd choccie at work etc!! Lol

It's WI tomorrow and for months I have been half hearted! No more! 6 wis before Christmas and bridesmaid dresses getting tried on march/April so bottom kicked and ready to go :) after delicious pizza hut tomorrow ;)

Think I need to stop having a weekly treat night coz it makes the cravings worse... Still can't decide whether to WI at home on a fri/ sat then use most of weeklies on weekend...then got week days...

Defo need to drink more water... And maybe increase exercise a tad...

Good luck to all Tuesday weighers!! Cxx

Erm........ Bit fick, how do I do that ?????

lol, ok dead simple really, go to the page that the recipie was on, and copy the URL at the top of the page, then come back here, and when you post a reply paste it on here. or when you are replying to a post, the box where you write your reply jas your word size, fonts, underline, bold itallic etc, anyway on there is a little picture of the world with a paper clip on it
FQ8oLqrfZzUcdwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
, this means INSERT LINK so you click on that and a little box will appear saying PLEASE ENTER THE URL OF YOUR LINK, click in the box and right click, and paste!

Just incase you dont know what a URL is.... coz im assuming that you are thick ;) ;) at the top left corner of the screen, there is a little bar and it will say something like

www . minimins . com //

this is the URL ;)

you can copy this link by clicking in that URL, then right click, a little box will appear, and on that there will be an option to copy. click that!

when you get that figured out, I will show you how to rename your links if ya want hun xx

Lisa xx

Carly !

I didn't know you were gonna be a bridesmaid!

Well you deffo have to stick with it !

Lisa xx

Back