One stone at a time target/challenge.

Gosh Lisa, your fingers must of been sore after all that typing. Firstly how do you buddy up? Seen mentioned a few times but don't know how to do it. Secondly, after seeing the pairing above how about a weight loss challenge in pairs. So I would be good cos I wouldnt wanna let you down on the weight loss side. Although we're on a winner cos we're a team of 3 so we'll get the biggest wait loss every week, but dont tell the others our advantage. Lol. So summat like which team gets biggest loss in a week. Thirdly, think Carly works long long hrs which is maybe the reason why she ant been on for a while. I'll check on FB to see if she's ok. Eeeerrrrrmmmm what else ?????? Oh yes, the sts, does ur leader check ur planner for you? Are you pointing everything right? I read that one of the reasons they're droppin points is cos we don't point correctly for example when we have 2 slices of bread. Why not put up a days menu on here see if we can take a look & give a few pointers. Which brings me on nicely to another point which someone mentioned but can't check back who said it now I'm typing. When SOME of us ave a bad day( me included) we don't come here for support as much as we should. Sometimes when I feel a bit naughty I will either write about it after the horse has bolted or avoid telling at all. we really all need to be using this for bit more support when we feel like reaching for the choc. Although I feel, im sure I'm not alone, that with the run up to Xmas, I know im gonna enjoy Xmas & not point everything. I just think I'm already in holiday mode & gone a bit laps a daisy & I won't get a good weight loss till after the event. Ssssooooo weigh in in 8 hrs. Think I'll just go for a brisk jog, lol. Must confess tho after everything that has been put in place for motivation this week fell a bit by the wayside when the sabotager sent jam tarts home wi the kids & then carrot cake yest.
Right, so......... Teams to buddy up. We're all feeling positive about simply filling & gonna give it a go. Also when I get up in morn I'm gonna post veg fajitas for you all to try. Lastly erm, can't think, I'm rambling a bit cos can't sleep cos OH is snoring AND grinding his teeth. Goodnight x might pop back in bit if I'm still awake at 4 with some random waffle x

Hey there peeps!
I love the buddying up idea - more than happy to be in a threesome 'oh-er' with Cobra and Galaxy Girl!
Butterfly chicken - is when you slice down the middle and open it up to look like a butterfly(ish). I always use a bit of season-all as well to make it extra tasty!
Totally agree with galaxy girl that we tend to post once the horse has bolted and in the vain of trying to set an example. HELP! I'm off out tonight for the first time in ages to a charity quiz nite in Aberystwyth with my hubbie and a shed load of work colleagues and there is a pie and peas supper! How do i point that? I could just eat the meat and not the pastry and a small spoonful of peas - or be really good and eat before I go? Did I mention I made a huge chocolate cake that is for first prize in the quiz? ( I do a bit of baking on the side)...
I haven't eaten any though..but it smells heavenly...
So answers on a post card.

A - eat a small portion of the pie and peas (yes yes)
B - eat before I go - (WW Frozen meal) Humph.

Emms x

Emma, I would eat more than a ww meal before you go hun ! Eat a big meal, pile what ever free foods you can get on your plate! bananas are quite filling, so I would take on with you if you can.... don't eat the pie, as really, they are not that nice, and is it worth it in the morning, when you look back on the eating of the pie.... ? I think not!

Lisa xx

Going to reply to galaxys post now, thought Id do yours first as it was not a really long one to respond to !! lol

Lisa xx

Definitely A. I would point about 15 which is not too bad. Although if you was to do the new simply filling, or whatever it's called, the meat & potato is free, right?
Enjoy, whatever you choose.

Gosh Lisa, your fingers must of been sore after all that typing. Firstly how do you buddy up?
I thought we could swap phone numbers and text each other or something along them lines... so as soon as we come out of a meeting we can let each other know straight away..

Seen mentioned a few times but don't know how to do it.
as above says really :) I don't know of any other ways to do it on the forum...

Secondly, after seeing the pairing above how about a weight loss challenge in pairs. So I would be good cos I wouldnt wanna let you down on the weight loss side. Although we're on a winner cos we're a team of 3 so we'll get the biggest wait loss every week, but dont tell the others our advantage. Lol.
don't count on that hun, ive lost .5 in 5 weeks lol

So summat like which team gets biggest loss in a week.

Thirdly, think Carly works long long hrs which is maybe the reason why she ant been on for a while. I'll check on FB to see if she's ok.
spoke to her on email, she gonna get on here on sunday, as she been really busy

Eeeerrrrrmmmm what else ?????? Oh yes, the sts, does ur leader check ur planner for you?
she was going to, but I can't find my planner, though I do think that I am pointing everything out right... back on it today (again) had pear for breakfast, 2 cups of coffe, with skimmed milk and sweetener

Are you pointing everything right? I read that one of the reasons they're droppin points is cos we don't point correctly for example when we have 2 slices of bread. Why not put up a days menu on here see if we can take a look & give a few pointers.
Im going to do that for this week, then you can tell me as I go along! rather than looking back, im going forward !

Which brings me on nicely to another point which someone mentioned but can't check back who said it now I'm typing. When SOME of us ave a bad day( me included) we don't come here for support as much as we should. Sometimes when I feel a bit naughty I will either write about it after the horse has bolted or avoid telling at all.
thats why I was thinking of swapping numbers, so when we are out, we can text each other or summat, saying help me Im about to eat a mars bar lol!

we really all need to be using this for bit more support when we feel like reaching for the choc.
exactly !

Although I feel, im sure I'm not alone, that with the run up to Xmas, I know im gonna enjoy Xmas & not point everything. I just think I'm already in holiday mode & gone a bit laps a daisy & I won't get a good weight loss till after the event.
well try to remember that it is not christmas yet! so get your head out of holiday mode! :eek: and get back in the ww mode!.... loose as much weight as you can in the next 3 weeks, and when you have a 2 week weight gain over chrismas, you wont feel as bad... get infront as much as you can hun !

Ssssooooo weigh in in 8 hrs. Think I'll just go for a brisk jog, lol. Must confess tho after everything that has been put in place for motivation this week fell a bit by the wayside when the sabotager sent jam tarts home wi the kids & then carrot cake yest.
Ooohh, do what I do, throw em! and tell em you gonna throw em, they soon stop sending them ! Even Cody says, don't send them home with me as mum will just bin em!

Right, so......... Teams to buddy up. We're all feeling positive about simply filling & gonna give it a go.
yes! positive frame of mind at the moment!
Also when I get up in morn I'm gonna post veg fajitas for you all to try. Lastly erm, can't think, I'm rambling a bit cos can't sleep cos OH is snoring AND grinding his teeth.
thats where a bucket of water or a kick comes in handy !

Goodnight x might pop back in bit if I'm still awake at 4 with some random waffle x

Hope I covered everything there lol

Lisa xx

Erm yes everythin thanks, Lisa. You're so clever responding to each individual bit. I blame it on the fact I use the minimins app so my responses look a bit...... Simple. Lol. Btw I lost 1.5 this week so that's screwed the pasta in a jar thing so I'm avin it as 2 cos I've got heavier jeans on this week. Lol

lol well done Galaxy-girl, glad to hear you're back with the loser dance this week :D

I just popped by here because I am losing motivation for actually cooking stuff so I was looking through my cookbook and found a fruity chicken recipe. There was an ingredient I didn't know so asked the boyfriend to translate, he didn't know either, went to google translate and guess what it was....... Persimmons!! Not sure I'll make the recipe but made me giggle :p

Erm yes everythin thanks, Lisa. You're so clever responding to each individual bit. I blame it on the fact I use the minimins app so my responses look a bit...... Simple. Lol. Btw I lost 1.5 this week so that's screwed the pasta in a jar thing so I'm avin it as 2 cos I've got heavier jeans on this week. Lol

I like your thinkin hun, and do you know summat, I wore my jeans this week, I wear leggings and top everyweek, so I bet I didn't sts I bet I lost a 1lb !

Fold your jeans up and weigh them on the scales .. :rolleyes:

Anyway, very well done hun !

Lisa xx

lol well done Galaxy-girl, glad to hear you're back with the loser dance this week :D

I just popped by here because I am losing motivation for actually cooking stuff so I was looking through my cookbook and found a fruity chicken recipe. There was an ingredient I didn't know so asked the boyfriend to translate, he didn't know either, went to google translate and guess what it was....... Persimmons!! Not sure I'll make the recipe but made me giggle :p

ha ha ! I would try it, I ate mine the other day... it was quite nice, not too sweet, but similar to a mango.. I would imagine it would be nice in a curry !

Lisa xx

Friday food list !

Pear
2 coffee with sweeteners
milk ( from pint skimmed ) 5 points

1 egg and 1 egg white omlette with paprika
1 coffee with sweetener
milk from allowance

chicken 120 g = 4
mash 150g = 6 with 2 points for butter. Milk out of allowance,
veg. Cabbage, carrots, broccoli and cauli
parsley sauce 3 points

milk for day 5

sugar, as i ran out of sweetener 7

i work that out at 28 points, with 3 points for eggs

Last edited:
Cobra said:
I like your thinkin hun, and do you know summat, I wore my jeans this week, I wear leggings and top everyweek, so I bet I didn't sts I bet I lost a 1lb !

Fold your jeans up and weigh them on the scales .. :rolleyes:

Anyway, very well done hun !

Lisa xx

I have actually weighed shoes & jeans before on my kitchen scales just so I can convince myself I have actually lost.

I love that Galaxy girl! I have weighed my clothes before now to make sure I'm wearing the lightest clothes i own!
I've decided to have a bit of the pie and peas and enjoy myself! :party0048:
Have a good evening ladies!
Emms x

Something to keep me focused that I pinched off somewhere else. Someone said to weigh how much weight you ave to lose in the form of tins & put it in a back pack to remind yourself of how much you ave to lose. I've actually weighed how much I've lost & put it in back pack to remind myself how far I've come. Try it everyone, you'll be surprised x

Mine is easy? 1/4 of bag of sugar lol.

Have a good night tonight x

Luv luv luv the idea of buddying up - is this something we shud do after Christmas tho?? Don't know wot u think but was just thinking everyone will have Xmas parties cumin up etc and whilst I wanted to try my best every day I won't b counting points at parties. Mite give us all a lil push in the new year 2. Not a gud day for me - been fab food wise but got on scales this morning and I have put on wot I have lost over past 4 weeks - much tears :(( Trying to draw a line under it and start again. Dropped my points to 26 so will c how I go on that this week. Wud love to have u all on Facebook, my name is Gail porter if u want to add me as ur friend xxxx

whats ya profile pic like on fb ?

Lisa xx

came on to say Im hungry!

I know, Ive had a massive tea, and ate it all, it was scrumptious!

But Im eyeing the bread up in the kitchen and can see me having bacon on toast or something....

Ive got 3 points left ... and no fruit !

Lisa x

Cobra said:
came on to say Im hungry!

I know, Ive had a massive tea, and ate it all, it was scrumptious!

But Im eyeing the bread up in the kitchen and can see me having bacon on toast or something....

Ive got 3 points left ... and no fruit !

Lisa x

Are you really hungry or just bored? Maybe plan some meals or paint ur nails or nice bubbly bath. If you ave 3 points left just have a slice of toast.

Back