One stone at a time target/challenge.

Thanks both! :)

I am a solicitor but hate it... I feel so stressed and pressured and like there is so much to kno... I don't think teaching will be easy but I think it will be more rewarding... I love kids and it was always a choice between the two and when I got good grades I felt pushed towards law... I really think teaching is right for me... What if I'm wrong?! Lol

Thanks so much for reading! It's just all on top of me... The money from the new jobs would be nice but I'm just not sure what to do.... Hmmmm

I will get bk to it and get a good few stone off for being bridesmaid :) I can do it!

How is everyone else today? X

Just pasting this in... I kno some of u follow diary... Just need to vent lol

This is going to be a long and rambling post... It's one where u don't really mind if u get a reply but u just need to say all that's on ur mind....

I tried my best to buy gifts my friends would like... And I got generic tat from people who clearly don't kno me at all! Think the ultimate present is a Houdini puzzle key... Please someone tell me what possessed my friend to waste his money? I kno I sound like an ungrateful cow... And looking back some of the pressies I bought weren't amazing but I really tried and thought about each person! :( anyways enough of that....you are being too hard on yourself Carly hun. Im exactly the same id rather get nothing than something that has no thought , no matter how cheap I got some lovely lovely things :) I love Christmas but boxing day is depressing.... It's all over and bk to work... I wish my family were like that all year.. No bickering just fun and playing games together not all 4 of us in 4 separate rooms... When I have kids I want a proper family!!!! I want to do anything for them and go to all their plays etc... But even saying that is depressing... All my friends have boyfriends/husbands and houses ... Fair few have kids... And I couldn't be further from all of those things....

I'm repulsive.... I hate how I look... But I'm so skint that I'm worried to lose weight coz I can't afford clothes!!! You are far from repulsive missus so get that out of your head. Your hair is exactly and i mean exactly the colour i want ,you have the most beautiful smile that lights up your face . I do understand about the clothes thing though cos im in the same boat so im just leaving it for now . How about you put a little by every wk and buy one thing at a time. it will also make you feel better fitting into smaller clothes and give you a much needed boost x
My job works me so hard and every day I feel like I can't do it... I feel sick at the thought of going bk... The thought of work till August makes me panic... But in so terrified that if I try teaching it won't be right... How do u know before u do it?! Whats the worst that can happen. I think you were born to be a teacher from the sound of it and if it doesnt work out well then rethink but you wont know till you try hun

Then my little sister who I love and trust and always bounce things off makes a flippant remark "there are only do many times you can say im bored of this" - why does no-one understand that my previous jobs were all a means to an end... Were never meant to be long term..... I left one job a month before I was meant to because I was bullied so badly that I had to go on antidepressants I couldn't sleep so feel asleep at work... I only just weened myself off the damn things 4 years later.... see what i mean i think you already know what you want to do ie teaching and these other jobs were indeed a means to an end . totally understand . i was in the same job for 21 years and totally regret not having the courage to try other things

Why does no-one see?!?! I try hard at everything I do... Right now I feel like I'm just waiting to slip up and drop one ball
And all of them will fall.... I work 10-12 hours a day plus 2 hours driving time... I'm exhausted and fed up... I just don't feel like I can do the job... There is always something new to learn and I can't cope!!! Then my darling sis says "how do you know every job won't be like that?" arghhhhhh - does anyone have a clue what I do?! What I need to know?!

Sorry I sound ridiculous... Just needed to vent....

These new job offers are good... But obviously the same job.... Just nearer to home so save £150-200 a month on petrol and £2-5k more a year... But I'm do scared the new place will see how sh*t I am or will expect too much... And worried I will have to pay money bk to either of both for training if I do leave in Aug for teaching...

Most of all I'm fed up of the lack of support from my family and supposed best friends....

I just need to decide....

Resolutions
1. Sort job/career
2. Get to goal weight by new year (and as low as poss before being a bridesmaid)
3. Learn to love myself! Exactly. You are the lovliest most supportive girl who is always on here making us on this thread and loads of other threads feel better about ourselves . you encourage us every step of the way and we are all here to do the same. so chin up girl and 2012 is nearly here so here is to a new job that fulfills you and makes you happy , to being a stunning bridesmaid and a happier more confident Carly. ps thanks for every supporting word in 2011 x x x

If u read this far u get a medal for reading that self indulgent rubbish! Lol

Aww thanks so much darling :) I think the biggest worry is that I spent thousands to become a solicitor and if I do teaching I will spend even more... But I really do think that's what I want! Hugs to all!

2012 will be our year :) x

Aww thanks so much darling :) I think the biggest worry is that I spent thousands to become a solicitor and if I do teaching I will spend even more... But I really do think that's what I want! Hugs to all!

2012 will be our year :) x

Think of all the money you spend on that dirty beer but still wont stop you drinking it lol so if teaching is your thing then its money spent well . Follow your heart x x x

Hehe! Thanks :) x

Do you work 5 days a week Carly? When I was uming & ahing bout bein a teaching assistant my local school was really helpful & allowed me to go in 1 day a week to help out. This then gave me an insight into the job & that's what I decided to do. Thing is if you do teaching there's then other avenues you can explore. Thing is you could get to 60 & think damn I wish I'd gone into teaching. What's the saying bout only regretting the things in life you dint do never the ones you did? xxxx

Right lady - let me have a word!!!

Just pasting this in... I kno some of u follow diary... Just need to vent lol

This is going to be a long and rambling post... It's one where u don't really mind if u get a reply but u just need to say all that's on ur mind....

I tried my best to buy gifts my friends would like... And I got generic tat from people who clearly don't kno me at all! Think the ultimate present is a Houdini puzzle key... Please someone tell me what possessed my friend to waste his money? I kno I sound like an ungrateful cow... And looking back some of the pressies I bought weren't amazing but I really tried and thought about each person! Im with you on this bit. Every year I say i'm gonna be more like some people I know and not give a **** about what I buy but thats just not me. I like giving gifts and thoughtful ones at that. This just makes us better people! :( anyways enough of that.... I got some lovely lovely things :) I love Christmas but boxing day is depressing.... It's all over and bk to work... I wish my family were like that all year.. No bickering just fun and playing games together not all 4 of us in 4 separate rooms... When I have kids I want a proper family!!!! I want to do anything for them and go to all their plays etc... But even saying that is depressing... All my friends have boyfriends/husbands and houses ... Fair few have kids... And I couldn't be further from all of those things.... Every day life is not like Christmas day unfortunately. I have 2 boys who were angels and loved each other to bits but boxing day they were back to normal. Dont put pressure on yourself for boyfriend/kids/house etc all this will come when the time is right and at the miment you need to focus on your career.

I'm repulsive.... I hate how I look... But I'm so skint that I'm worried to lose weight coz I can't afford clothes!!! You are far from repulsive and look beautiful in your photo. So pretty and from knowing you on here you are beautiful iunside and out. I know it wont matter right now what anybody says but I think your stunning!

My job works me so hard and every day I feel like I can't do it... I feel sick at the thought of going bk... The thought of work till August makes me panic... But in so terrified that if I try teaching it won't be right... How do u kno before u do it?! Go with your heart and take it one day at a time. I started a new job (within the same firm) recently and feel so intimidated at times but I know I can only do my best and if I'm giving 100% every day I can do no more than that. There will me many more people who wonder whether they can do their job than you think. Is there anyone in the same sort of position as you that you can talk to?

Then my little sister who I love and trust and always bounce things off makes a flippant remark "there are only do many times you can say im bored of this" - why does no-one understand that my previous jobs were all a means to an end... Were never meant to be long term..... I left one job a month before I was meant to because I was bullied so badly that I had to go on antidepressants I couldn't sleep so feel asleep at work... I only just weened myself off the damn things 4 years later.... Some people will never get it. Try to talk to your sister and tell her how you feel. If you ooen up to her she might be able to support you better. Well done at coming of anti d's. Know its not easy and you probably dont want to but it is worth considering going back on em for a bit to give you a bit of a lift?

Why does no-one see?!?! I try hard at everything I do... Right now I feel like I'm just waiting to slip up and drop one ball
And all of them will fall.... I work 10-12 hours a day plus 2 hours driving time... I'm exhausted and fed up... I just don't feel like I can do the job... There is always something new to learn and I can't cope!!! Then my darling sis says "how do you know every job won't be like that?" arghhhhhh - does anyone have a clue what I do?! What I need to know?!
I cant begin to imagine how stressful your job is but you should be really proud of yourself at what you've achieved. Is there anyone that could be your mentor at work? Sometimes we put so much pressure on ourselves that we are just waiting for everything to come crashing down. Try not to focus on what you cant do and have still got to learn but on what you have learnt and achieved so far.
Sorry I sound ridiculous... Just needed to vent.... You dont sound ridiculous at all - thats what we are all here for!

These new job offers are good... But obviously the same job.... Just nearer to home so save £150-200 a month on petrol and £2-5k more a year... But I'm do scared the new place will see how sh*t I am or will expect too much... And worried I will have to pay money bk to either of both for training if I do leave in Aug for teaching... Can you meet with the new Companies to address your concerns and see what their expectations are?

Most of all I'm fed up of the lack of support from my family and supposed best friends.... Tell them how you feel Hun and dont be afraid to tell them how much you need them at the moment, remember all the girls on Minimins are always here for you as you are for us.

I just need to decide....

Resolutions
1. Sort job/career
2. Get to goal weight by new year (and as low as poss before being a bridesmaid)
3. Learn to love myself!

If u read this far u get a medal for reading that self indulgent rubbish! Lol I get a medal, I get a medal!!!

Snap out of it Carly! Dont beat yourself up - its easier said than done

Love to all my Minimins friends Loads and loads of love to you 2 xx

Remember we are all here for you and the biggest barrier to success if the fear of failure xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xxx

Awww thank u all so much for replying! The money from the new jobs would really help towards teaching but don't want to let two firms down... Plus the added stress of new job... But less travel = more exercise... Who knows...

GG - technically I'm on call 24/7 but usually in office mon-fri 9-7/8/9 and one hour drive either way... New job is 10 mins away... Lol x

Honestly I kno I want to teach its just how best to survive the next 8 months lol x

Hey ladies - blimey I've only been away for 24 hours...

Now then Carly....you sound like I did a few months ago. I really hope you take what all our lovely friends on minimins have said to you - take it to heart cos its all true.

I have worked in a job where I was bullied - I used to throw up on the train on my way into leeds and take ages to walk to the office. I know exactly what you mean. And i've worked in jobs where i hate it and i think i'm crap at it - i've kept changing jobs and now i work at a company where I love my work and my colleagues - no one is ever mean to me and i look forward to going every day.

I'm sorry your sister made you feel bad - i expect she didn;t mean to - one of the reasons i'm determined to lose weight is so that i can poke my brother in the eye as he always makes mean comments when i'm around - mainly about my weight - thankfully i only see him once or twice a year.
And the thing about no boyfriend etc...this was me at 30. okay so probably too much information..but i was a 30 year old virgin! never had a boyfriend, thought i was repulsive etc...and then Joe walked into my life - he was 19 and gorgeous, i mean Gorrrrrgeous! and he swept me off my feet. I was married 10 months later and we've been married for nearly 8 years now. I actually thought that someone had put him up to it - like a bet you know, to see if i would take the bait. He said he saw me smile and that was it! My point is that there is someone out there for everyone...you just have to be patient and give it time to meet the right one.

I hope you are feeling a little better- its hard to pull yourself up when you feel so low - but know that you have people all over the world (well in UK, Ireland and Germany anyway) thinking about you and hoping you feel better soon.

sending you big hugs!!
Good luck with the teaching!

Emms xxx

Awww thanks so much Emms :D that's so nice :D I am looking forward to starting all again in Jan :D

I am gonna do a pro/con list for the two jobs :D but think i'm swaying towards the new one... more money and less travel.... and for 8 months it will be nice to have more pennies.... plus if im local I can walk too and from the office which would be amazing!!! :D I would lose loads.... hehe ... but i def want to do teaching :D

And that's a gorgeous story about ur fella :D send one my way haha

Hope ur all ok xx

New job deffo sounds more appealing Carly. I wouldn't worry bout only bein there 8 mths & feel like letting em down, i once stuck a job for 3 days, lol.

Anyways ladies, got zumba for xbox & got up at 7 this morn to complete a 20min session. What a hip swaying, sweaty 20 min sesh it was. I'm gonna aim to do that every morn before kids get up for school. Then if im back in plan Monday by weigh in on fri the damage may only be small, fingers crossed. How's rest of us doin? Any plans for new years eve/day. We don't do owt on eve cos I hate all that build up to midnight, auld Lang syne & everyone kissing. Yak. Think new years day if weathers ok might go to Whitby & take dog a long run on beach. I love Whitby, that's where I want to retire.
Just one more thing think we'll kick start new year wi introductions if everyone ok wi that? I forget who's who & where we're all from. Do you also think it's good idea to sign off our posts wi our real name? I prefer to be called Kay rather than galaxygirl cos we are all mates after all. Lol. Oh & new years resolution, not that I really do em cos I always fail in first week is to keep my posts shorter & more readable & stop rambling.
Xxxx Kay

Well done you kay dancing your tush off at this hour :) think you will do fine for next fri. No plans here for new year either , we normally go for pub grub and home early to put Hollie to bed at 8 then enjoy the peace. Looking forward to getting tough in jan, i was doing great till wed this wk but have lost it a bit now but will get back on track 100% from tues first wi in 3 wks (yikes) . Waiting on hubby to get up so i cn go for my walk . Too wet to bring Hollie. And there is nothing wrong with your posting hun. I find them very funny and witty and would hate to see them shortened x x

Hi all,

Kay I think its a really good idea doing new wi introductions ! There are quite a few of us on here its easy to loose track !

Well I have some news..... ! Me and the other half, are trying for a baby :) So even more determined to loose some more weight, even (when) im pregnant, I will stick to the diet... who knows, I may loose loads of weight ! I lost 4 stone with my daughter, as I was sooo sick, but I didn't mind !

I will be going to my friends house on new years eve with all the kids, though I will only be staying for a few hours, as I don't actually think the kids can play together for any longer than that before they start kicking off!

Carly with regards to teaching.... are you looking at going into training to become a teacher, and what kind of teacher do you want to be ?

Speak soon !

Lisa xx

Great news Lisa. You better not abandon us when you get pregnant, it was you that started this group off. Wow losing 4 stone while pregnant!!!! Tempted to get pregnant myself except OH has had snip so I'd have some explaining to do. Think I gained 4 stone while pregnant wi my daughter 13 yr ago & never lost it. I used to eat full selection boxes thinkin ah stuff it I'll lose it all when I breast feed but didn't :(
Xxxkayxxxx

Great news Lisa. You better not abandon us when you get pregnant, it was you that started this group off. Wow losing 4 stone while pregnant!!!! Tempted to get pregnant myself except OH has had snip so I'd have some explaining to do. Think I gained 4 stone while pregnant wi my daughter 13 yr ago & never lost it. I used to eat full selection boxes thinkin ah stuff it I'll lose it all when I breast feed but didn't :(
Xxxkayxxxx

Ha ha, yes apparantly breast feeding does burn a lot of calories! though I am planning to bottle feed, I may buy an expresser just to help out a little !

And of course I wont abandon you all ! You my new BFF's lol, and I still need to loose weight :) no one will know that im pregnant till im about 8 months, as im that fat! roflmao !

Oh happy days!

lisa xx

galaxy-girl said:
New job deffo sounds more appealing Carly. I wouldn't worry bout only bein there 8 mths & feel like letting em down, i once stuck a job for 3 days, lol.

Anyways ladies, got zumba for xbox & got up at 7 this morn to complete a 20min session. What a hip swaying, sweaty 20 min sesh it was. I'm gonna aim to do that every morn before kids get up for school. Then if im back in plan Monday by weigh in on fri the damage may only be small, fingers crossed. How's rest of us doin? Any plans for new years eve/day. We don't do owt on eve cos I hate all that build up to midnight, auld Lang syne & everyone kissing. Yak. Think new years day if weathers ok might go to Whitby & take dog a long run on beach. I love Whitby, that's where I want to retire.
Just one more thing think we'll kick start new year wi introductions if everyone ok wi that? I forget who's who & where we're all from. Do you also think it's good idea to sign off our posts wi our real name? I prefer to be called Kay rather than galaxygirl cos we are all mates after all. Lol. Oh & new years resolution, not that I really do em cos I always fail in first week is to keep my posts shorter & more readable & stop rambling.
Xxxx Kay

Look at u doin zumba early doors!! Keep saying I'm gonna b gud 2 try & rectify damage I've dun but it ain't happenin! We r at a house party nye. Hate ny myself and wud rather b in bed b4 12 nut goin 4 hubby & kids. Think the whole thing is a massive anti climax! Will just b recovering new years day. Think introductions & names is really gud idea. Think we shud put our short term & long term goals 2. Wot do u think?

Lots of love Gail xxx

Aww that's lovely news Lisa... :D good luck - u better stay with us

Well done for the zumba ... and at that hour... sounds like a fab plan.. sure u will be fine next fri wi!

I am the same Kay - hard to keep track of names (that's why mine is as it is lol)... I'm Carly BTW ;) Defo like the idea of signing off... maybe if we each do a getting to know you blurb....

Carly, aged 26 from Carlisle in Cumbria... single but hoping to meet someone when I feel pretty again :D .... currently criminal solicitor working all the hours god sends for no money .... hoping to become a primary school teacher..... Love cinema, music and friends :D... can be a party animal but love a duvet day too :D Have lost 2 stone 7lb so far and have a long way to go.... am a bridesmaid on 4th Aug so hope to lose another 5/6 stone by then and goal by NYE 2012 :D (thats another 8 stone 8lb!) ... think that's enough for now...

NYE this year I am heading to Glasgow with Nikki from on here (Sparkles) - she lives there... should be a good one!!... I usually find it disappointing but after seeing the film NYE am determined to make each one special... :D i love house parties but at mo am living at home so not an option... maybe in a few years when I am teacher with my own house and lovely fella ;D

hope I responded to everything there... off to gym.. first time in our new gym.. nervous and excited....

oh and I lost 1lb by some small miracle... no idea how... hope NYE/NYD doesnt ruin it lol xxxxx

Cobra said:
Hi all,

Kay I think its a really good idea doing new wi introductions ! There are quite a few of us on here its easy to loose track !

Well I have some news..... ! Me and the other half, are trying for a baby :) So even more determined to loose some more weight, even (when) im pregnant, I will stick to the diet... who knows, I may loose loads of weight ! I lost 4 stone with my daughter, as I was sooo sick, but I didn't mind !

I will be going to my friends house on new years eve with all the kids, though I will only be staying for a few hours, as I don't actually think the kids can play together for any longer than that before they start kicking off!

Carly with regards to teaching.... are you looking at going into training to become a teacher, and what kind of teacher do you want to be ?

Speak soon !

Lisa xx

Congratulations lisa! I have 2 boys and wud love a lil girl but feel 2 old now to hav a newborn baby. For a 4 stone weight loss tho I mite b tempted lol! My pregnancies had the opposite effect - put 4 stone on wiv each of mine despite being sick! Gud luk Hun xxx

Hope everyone has a lovely NYE! See u in 2012 x

Back