One stone at a time target/challenge.

Bit of a difference here tho !! You don't weigh at a meeting, and you weigh yourself everyday !! But never do you come onto a site and moan about it !! You find a use for daily weigh inns and accept that weight fluctuates all the time.

Lisa xx

Yeah true, when I was a helper at SW I remember so many people telling me they weren't going to come because their home scales showed a gain when in fact they had lost. I have to say my home scales back in England were the worst, I remember weighing myself on them and thinking 'oooh what a nice number, wonder what I'll weigh naked' took my clothes off and I was 2 lbs heavier!! They were sworn at many times and thrown away in the end lmao.

Morgenmuffel said:
Yeah true, when I was a helper at SW I remember so many people telling me they weren't going to come because their home scales showed a gain when in fact they had lost. I have to say my home scales back in England were the worst, I remember weighing myself on them and thinking 'oooh what a nice number, wonder what I'll weigh naked' took my clothes off and I was 2 lbs heavier!! They were sworn at many times and thrown away in the end lmao.

It's so bloody frustrating seeing people do this !

I am on my SW group on Facebook and it seems like everyone is doing it !! They will write "I'm soo peed off, I've just weighed myself and I've put a 1lb on" to then go to group and it will be totally different !!

Or another good one .... "I've stuck to it sort of"

It's so bloody frustrating seeing people do this !

I am on my SW group on Facebook and it seems like everyone is doing it !! They will write "I'm soo peed off, I've just weighed myself and I've put a 1lb on" to then go to group and it will be totally different !!

Or another good one .... "I've stuck to it sort of"

lol, at least they are better than the "I've eaten chinese, fish and chips and curry six times this week and I lost 6 pounds!":tomato:

AmandaTT said:
Its all about calories in calories out, if you do massive cardio you can have those cheat meals easily :)

It really would have to be massive cardio to burn off a fish, chips and peas tho !! And I deffo wouldn't want to spend god knows how long burning off the cheat meal !

What I'm trying to keep in mind is .... Why do we look at McDonald's, chippy etc as a treat !! It's all fried crap food !! Why do we see this as a treat !?

Why do we fill our bodies with this rubbish !!

Morgenmuffel said:
Oh I can promise you these ladies were not doing massive cardio lol. I have even had a couple of weeks like that myself in the past.

Roflmao !!

It really would have to be massive cardio to burn off a fish, chips and peas tho !! And I deffo wouldn't want to spend god knows how long burning off the cheat meal !

What I'm trying to keep in mind is .... Why do we look at McDonald's, chippy etc as a treat !! It's all fried crap food !! Why do we see this as a treat !?

Why do we fill our bodies with this rubbish !!

Yeah it is a good question, and usually we just end up feeling rotten afterwards. In fact we had a McDonalds on our drive back up from Italy as it was an 8 hour journey and I really did not enjoy it at all, mind you I had been eating some very delicious italian food the week before :D

Morgenmuffel said:
Yeah it is a good question, and usually we just end up feeling rotten afterwards. In fact we had a McDonalds on our drive back up from Italy as it was an 8 hour journey and I really did not enjoy it at all, mind you I had been eating some very delicious italian food the week before :D

Italian food is yum !! ... I have found since I have been doing slimming world and am cooking a lot of stir frys that I am just not tempted by McDonald's etc, as the food I am making at home is tastier !! And it only takes 5 mins to do my stir fry it is actually quicker than driving to my macdonalds and back home :)

Hello!
Thanks for inviting me to this thread Cobra. What a great idea for a goal!

Stef84 said:
Hello!
Thanks for inviting me to this thread Cobra. What a great idea for a goal!

Welcome to our little group Stef !!

There are quite a few people on this thread and they are Fantastic !! So tell us all about yourself and your goals !!

Lisa xx

Welcome to our little group Stef !!

There are quite a few people on this thread and they are Fantastic !! So tell us all about yourself and your goals !!

Lisa xx

Well, I'm 27 and vegan. I've been on and off diets most of my adult life but I'm determined that this will be the last time as I am trying to develop better eat habits rather than just shifting the weight. :)

My first major goal is to lose as much weight as I can before September, my boyfriend and I are planning to go for the track day in a super car that we got given last christmas. I want to be as far under the 18st 7lb weight limit as possible. :)

Well Septemeber really isn't that far away.... 8 weeks or something ?? looking at your stats, you are 18.6 and wanna be under 18.... that is totally possible !

So apart from dieting, as you doing anything else to help with weight loss ??

Lisa xx

It will be some time after the first week of September, not sure when yet because it depends on what time my boyfriend can get off of work so I've got about 11 weeks. I would like to have lost a stone by then to get me to around 17st 7lb to allow for any clothing weight, as I weigh at home without clothes, and just in case they decide they want to weigh me there.

I'm not currently doing anything other than dieting to lose weight, however I just need to find the motivation to fit some exercise in.

I have been doing swimming, I did go with my sister, but due to illness of her son, in and out of hospital, then we couldn't do it.

I stopped going because of this, and last week, I thought, just go on your own, I was dreading it... but the pool was packed with people all on their own ! I wanted to go back this week, but i've been really poorly, and you can't go swimming when you have had a sickness bug for 48 hours :(

I am sure, you will get there with the excersise... :)

Lisa xx

Just a quickie but has anyone done c25k? I'm off work now till sept & we got nice flat park near us so thinking now is a good time to give it a whirl. Only prob is my legs at mo feel really swollen like I've been on a long flight. Is it because of hot weather or is it summat more sinister? Oh & I'm also goin for some slim fast from boots tomoz so I may just be gettin a little bit of motivation
Xxxx Kay

Just a quickie but has anyone done c25k? I'm off work now till sept & we got nice flat park near us so thinking now is a good time to give it a whirl. Only prob is my legs at mo feel really swollen like I've been on a long flight. Is it because of hot weather or is it summat more sinister? Oh & I'm also goin for some slim fast from boots tomoz so I may just be gettin a little bit of motivation
Xxxx Kay

Hi !!

Swollen feet may be because of the weather !! don't start thinking that its some bloody illness just before you start your slim fast, or you will be using that as an excuse to quit lol ...:)

I have read about the C25k, I think you should deffo go for it hun, ive never seen you write about excersise before !! So this is a bit of a shock to see you write it ! that deffo sounds like your mojo is coming back hun !!

Lisa xx

Boots are doing the tins at £2.99 each and Tesco are selling the snack bars and the pretzels at 27p at the moment.

Lisa xx

can I just say, its my 2nd wi tomorrow, and I am really really nervous !

Just because I have been ill in bed for 2 days with a dodgy tummy, does not mean I will have lost weight !

I will be soo peed off if I haven't lost weight tomorrow

Lisa xx

Lisa don't get carried away I'm only writing at mo but it's a start, lol. I do no exercise what so ever other than walk the dog. I so want to be able to go for a jog. I'm only thinking I might go to park & find a nice fit running partner, lol.
You know me so well, using my cankles as an excuse not to diet or exercise, haha.
I've now finished work till beg of sept & I so want to go back & people say "ave u lost weight" instead of going back looking the same or bigger
Kay xxxx

Cobra said:
Boots are doing the tins at £2.99 each and Tesco are selling the snack bars and the pretzels at 27p at the moment.

Lisa xx

Deffo off to boots I'm gonna get choc, strawberry & vanilla. Ill feel so spoilt when I get home & I have them all to myself. Thinking of mixing vanilla wi coffee for a delicious coffee mocha mmmmmm

Back